The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
RonnieFranchise

TSN2 Biased Commentary

They were saying that it's about time Marty got mad about being pushed around because we've been running him the entire series. It is the MSG feed that TSN2 carries. Absolutely biased.

It was extremely biased all night long and I watched the entire game on TSN2. All they did was say what the Devils have to do to win, and how unfair that goal was, and how the Canes fans can't consider it a goal cause you can't hit someone outside the crease. They have no idea the rules of the game or how to call a hockey game.

It was extremely biased all night long

It was biased all series long. I detected this poop in GM1 on TSN2. I thought to myself: "I have never watched a sporting event or heard an internet feed with commentators so decidedly biased." I thought Paul McGuire was bad in 06 against Edm, but this sets a new low, even without the 0.2.

Yeah, I figured that must be a Devils feed. It was very biased, and has always been. That analysis of the goaltender interference was absolutly HILARIOUS. "You cant go out and bump the goalie, if you can the refs gotta tell the players". This is while he is failing to notice that Brodeur came out of the crease to meet and bump into Jokinen, and also there was still some time between that and the goal, enough that he could have perhaps re-focused.

But all in all, WHO CARES! WE WON!! WHOOOOO! GO STEAL ONE IN NEW JERSEY NOW!!

Absolutly outstanding night for Larose, Seids, Bayda, Walker and Jokinen. I <3 Ryan Bayda

Ahhh..it was the NJ guys. Doc and Chico are usually ok...but I think Doc is with Versus so yea the Devils other PXP guy is difficult to listen to.

I wouldn't worry about it. Devils fans feel about Chico the way Canes fans feel about Tracey.

Brodeur was out of the crease and Jokinen simply skated backwards. He had no idea Marty was there and was just trying to move across the ice. He didn't intentionally run into him or anything, in fact one could argue Brodeur was as much at fault as Jokinen for being that much out of the crease anyway and in the path of a player who barely bumped him.

That commentator was horribly biased and simply awful. "Bump a Marty party"?!? What a piece of work. If setting screens in front of a goalie is illegal then the NHL has hidden rule in the book and only this dude knows it.

Yep, it's not TSN commentators, but Devils feed.

Marty is just setting things up for game 5. We touch him, and it'll be called. I say go out and run him the first play.

Hey guys dont hate on Emrick because Chico's a moron. Chico is the homer, Emrick does a good job. It's like listening to our broadcast and saying it sucks on account of Tripp saying a few stupid things.

Emrick is a moron. He was as bias as anyone I ever heard in '06 on Versus. He clearly was pulling for Jersey in '06 and tonight. I have no problem when you commentate for MSG, but he was on Versus in '06 for our series. Foslund does Versus games and maintains an unbiased view. I personally was at the game so I didn't hear him live. I heard him on NHL on the Fly when I got home.

For the record, everyone commenting on NHL channel said no way was that interference. NBC should hire him with all of those morons.

Anyways, who cares 2-2

Go Canes.

Chico is loco. Don't even waste your time. Danyko played for the Devils, and I think has a banner raised in their building. No surprise there. Doc is a pro, even if he's their play-by-play guy.

CHICO JUST SHOWED ME THAT HE IS NOTHING BUT A SORRY, PATHETIC HOMER AND HIS PATHETIC BUTT SHOULD BE CANNED BY TSN, I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. HE HAS BEEN AROUND HOCKEY LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT IT WAS A LEGAL PLAY. PERIOD. GO BACK TO NEWARK AND KISS BRODEUR'S BUTT ALL DAY LONG SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR IDIOTIC RAMBLINGS.

Hey guys dont hate on Emrick because Chico's a moron. Chico is the homer, Emrick does a good job. It's like listening to our broadcast and saying it sucks on account of Tripp saying a few stupid things.

^^This.

Doc Emrick is one of the most professional announcers in the game, and a great guy.

Sorry for the all-caps in my previous post. But I can't stand to see blantant homerism at that level of broadcasting.

I put my own video together from multiple sources for Jussi's goal, probably more fitting for everyone here's tastes.

edit: please do not lump Doc in with Chico. Doc is one of the best in the league and he's no more biased than our good pal Forslund is and I'm not being sarcastic. Why should Doc be as excited when we score as when the Devs score? Apply the same to Forslund. Do you think he should be as excited when the Devs score as when the Canes score? Come on... :) Doc is awesome. Chico on the other hand, well, my video addresses him.

They are just upset, looking for an excuse why they lost the game. And they have every right to be upset... being down 3-0 and coming back is quite a chore... Then to have OT at your fingertips, and to lose it with .02 seconds... man oh man, that goal was heaven!!! I was jumping up and down on the bed, even woke the wife up...lol

I put my own video together from multiple sources for Jussi's goal, probably more fitting for everyone here's tastes.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

gets my vote for "post of the month" !! correct me if I'm wrong, but a goalie is not allowed to come out of his crease and INITIATE CONTACT with a player not in possession of the puck... Brodeur was blatantly attempting to draw a call and got B-U-R-N-E-D and that is why he was so P.O.'ed- end of story

Brodeur has always been a huge drama queen when it comes to people making contact with him. He went out of his crease, trying to draw an interference penalty, and he got burned. And because it hasn't been said enough, Chico sucks.