The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wilmingtoncanesfan

playoff fan/seating/standing/cheering etiquette

OK, I am all about going crazy and cheering for the team, but some people are just STUPID!!! I sit in section 116 on the side where it borders 117. Last night 2 ladies were coming down the stairs in the middle of the powerplay and just stood there in front of us. The people in the row where these hags were standing got up as to let them into the row. One of the hags said I am trying to talk to someone over there. I then yelled sit down to them and the one lady gave me the dirtiest look. I laughed and waved my hand for them to move along. Stand up in the middle when everyone else is sitting down??? Duh?? The next time one of the ladies almost did the same thing, but sat down on the steps. I am totally fine with that and happy that she used some common sense and courtesy. I am glad she got the hint if not she would have been told to sit down once again.

And that's where courtesy comes into play.

Found this interesting article:

http://media.www.tnhonline.com/media/storage/paper674/news/2005/11/18/Commentary/Hockey.Cheer.Should.Be.About.Purpose-1109674.shtml' target="_blank">http://media.www.tnhonline.com/media/stora...e-1109674.shtml[/post]

Did you make it all the way to the end of the game? I'm sure stock in Fosters is down today.

Yes- Since I can't grow a decent beard it will be a NO BEER for me marathon. (Game days only)

Pretty weird huh?

You see, these things matter.

I love that other people are as OCD about their own rituals as I am. The two games we won this series I was wearing the same undershirt, shirt and Jersey from Game 7. I completely blame myself for our first two loses and I don't know how I was so stupid. I appologize to all. I won't let it happen again.

What I would like to see happen - replace all the seats with bleachers and give everyone a ticket discount if they stand up the whole game. :)

Like you would know anything about that. :P

ok, my $0.02 worth

What a perfect amount. :D

I've been going to playoff games all the way back to Greensboro, and I don't ever remember as many people yelling SIT DOWN, as I heard in Sec. 324 Sunday night. It started before the puck dropped! During the game, a woman 2 seats down from me, told a kid about 12 in a mezanine chair, who was sitting down, to stop leaning forward and blocking her view! I couldn't believe it. I am a STH, 12 games sec. 326. I watched the 'Canes skate the Cup in sec. 327. I think I know when to sit, but especially more important, when to stand and cheer! STH since 2002. You people in 324 need to get off your rear ends and join the other 18.000 of us in raising the roof off this house! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with these people?

I am a STH in 324 and I don't know what you're talking about. When the people in front of me sit down, I sit down. When they stand up, I stand up. Pretty easy concept. Everybody pretty much stands when appropriate. Yes, the people in the mezz can block the view of those behind if they lean up too close. Knowing what to do comes with the seating. They know they can block others and should do what they can to minimize it. With several small children at the game, let's do what we can to allow them to see the action, especially during play.

Why do you think the stand attendants stop people from walking down the isle during play? B/c it isn't fair for those who are in their seat and want to see the game.

I don't have problem with people standing up when something has been good - a great shift, a great save, a great hit. But when people stand up in front of me on break aways or 2 on 1s and I miss it b/c they did this, sorry, I'm mad.

My dad has been fighting cancer for over 6 years and doesn't have the energy to stand up to see what is going on. It sure isn't fair to him, who paid the same as the person in front of him, to miss a play b/c someone isn't paying attention. Be courteous to those behind you and stay seated. I promise you the view is no different.

Unfortunately, I was not at the game, I sold my tickets. But I finally put up my Hurricanes flag last night. I had it up during all the playoffs in 06. But I was on an upper deck, and the door shut behind me, and locked me out on the deck on the 2nd floor. It was no easy task getting down to the main level, but made it before game time. So i fixed the problem it was the lack of my Hurricanes flag the whole time

I hope that makes Smilin Bob stand proud and ......

You see, these things matter.

I had to take my flag down last night it was blowing 35mph plus yesterday, and i didn' want it to get shredded, I will definetly put it back up this afternoon, even set the alarm on my phone to remind me

GO CANES !!!!!

Unfortunately, I was not at the game, I sold my tickets. But I finally put up my Hurricanes flag last night. I had it up during all the playoffs in 06. But I was on an upper deck, and the door shut behind me, and locked me out on the deck on the 2nd floor. It was no easy task getting down to the main level, but made it before game time. So i fixed the problem it was the lack of my Hurricanes flag the whole time

I had to take my flag down last night it was blowing 35mph plus yesterday, and i didn' want it to get shredded, I will definetly put it back up this afternoon, even set the alarm on my phone to remind me

GO CANES !!!!!

I'm relieved to see you are staying on top of things.

I just got watched the end of the replay of Tuesday's game (on my lunch). That never gets old.

GO CANES !!!!!

Did you get that flag back up?

If you didn't, somebody's got some splainin to do.

Did you get that flag back up?

If you didn't, somebody's got some splainin to do.

Yup got the flag back up, But because you left your house and went to a friends house to watch the game, I think you you have some slanin to do :(

Not the same thing you di sunday

Yup got the flag back up, But because you left your house and went to a friends house to watch the game, I think you you have some slanin to do :(

Not the same thing you di sunday

But it was the same thing I did Tuesday.