The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4TrevorKidd

Mike Maniscalco

After the game on Tuesday when I was waiting in the traffic to leave the arena, I usually turn on 99.9 the fan and listen to Mike Maniscalco. Does this guy know anything about hockey? A caller called in about Martin Brodeur and the little fit he threw after the game and Maniscalco said repeatedly that the Canes were in Brodeur's head...are you kidding me!! I told my girlfriend when he said this that this guy has NO CLUE about Broduer and hockey! I travel to the games from Roanoke, Va. so I really don't get to hear him other than after the games. Does anyone else feel this way about this guy? Maybe he has knowledge about Hockey but I haven't really heard it yet. If were in this guys head, I will hate to see whats going to happen to us Sunday. I guess not only will he have a shutout, he'll also score too!

GO CANES!!!!!!

Nothing to add. You've nailed it. Riding home after games listening to him is full of wide mood swings with little basis in knowledge. You'd think he'd listen to Johnnie F. while haing him on the post-game.

Most of the time Mike is ok, but sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder what hes thinking. He isn't that bad all the time though. When we have a bad game, he always tries to over do the positives. When we get lucky, he over does it as well. But, it could be worse. Muffin Man. Nuff said.

Most of the time Mike is ok, but sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder what hes thinking. He isn't that bad all the time though. When we have a bad game, he always tries to over do the positives. When we get lucky, he over does it as well. But, it could be worse. Muffin Man. Nuff said.

Gotcha...Ur right though....His problem is he over does it...either way

I will say his live online chats this week have been pretty good. A number of hockey analysts thought the Canes were in Marty's head after Tuesday, so it's not like he was the only one.

All the ones I talked to thought he was crazy... :blink:

After the game on Tuesday when I was waiting in the traffic to leave the arena, I usually turn on 99.9 the fan and listen to Mike Maniscalco. Does this guy know anything about hockey?

You usually turn on 99.9 The Fan and listen to Mike after each game, and are asking this question now? LOL Sorry, just because Mike has a different opinion then you (and others) about Brodeur has nothing to do with his knowledge of hockey. I look forward to his pre & post game shows, and as another poster mentioned, his online chats on the days of our playoff games this series have been great.

I don't know, but it really bothers me when folk start a thread with the main purpose of bashing someone who they don't like or differ with. (You ask "What is wrong with this guy?" - since when does there have to be something "wrong" with someone just because they have a different opinion then you or others?)

I tolerate him until Johnny Forslund comes on.

Who also doesn't seem to have a problem with Mike, either.

You usually turn on 99.9 The Fan and listen to Mike after each game, and are asking this question now? LOL Sorry, just because Mike has a different opinion then you (and others) about Brodeur has nothing to do with his knowledge of hockey. I look forward to his pre & post game shows, and as another poster mentioned, his online chats on the days of our playoff games this series have been great.

I don't know, but it really bothers me when folk start a thread with the main purpose of bashing someone who they don't like or differ with.

Who also doesn't seem to have a problem with Mike, either.

Thats what forums are for...to voice your opinion. Sorry if you don't like mine and I agree with Coastal Caniac...I enjoy when Forslund comes on

Thats what forums are for...to voice your opinion. Sorry if you don't like mine and I agree with Coastal Caniac...I enjoy when Forslund comes on

I doubt John Forslund would take the time to sit and talk with Mike (and the callers) during each post game show, if he thought Mike didn't know what he's talking about.

Yes, forums are to voice your opinion - my problem is with you choosing to start an entire thread about this. Ridiculous.

If you have such a problem with Mike, why do you need vindication from everyone else? Heck, no ones forcing you to listen to his post game show .... you can always listen to the "hockey experts" over at 850 The Buzz, BWAH!

Yes, chalk one up for me. :lol:

you da man, if this guy gets Mike canned then they will debut "Post Game with The Frog"!!

I would call you our very own Eklund but there are those that would not consider that a compliment.

Maniscalco knows hockey but sometimes he's too much of a cheerleader for me. After a big loss, I really dont want to hear "if your the Carolina Hurricanes..." or "if your a fan of the carolina hurricanes....", most rational people get all that. Forslund is the piece I too wait for, I love hearing his unbiased take of the game. He says it like it is and sometimes floors me with his frankness.

What I do like about Maniscalco is how he handles the absolute idiots that call in the show. He's not afraid to tell a caller they're ignorant (although he probably says it more eloquently than I would), and is pretty gracious to the tots who's parents think its cool to hear their 8 year old call in. :rolleyes:

The post game shows have come a long way since the early days when 850 was our only choice but this aint NY, Philly or Boston and it shows.

froggy on a negative kick is better than Mark Roberts!!

This would be great! We can heckle Frog and see if he stands up to it "live" like here along "the boards"

1 vote for the Frog here!

I doubt John Forslund would take the time to sit and talk with Mike (and the callers) during each post game show, if he thought Mike didn't know what he's talking about.

Yes, forums are to voice your opinion - my problem is with you choosing to start an entire thread about this. Ridiculous.

If you have such a problem with Mike, why do you need vindication from everyone else? Heck, no ones forcing you to listen to his post game show .... you can always listen to the "hockey experts" over at 850 The Buzz, BWAH!

I seemed to have touched a nerve with you....Like I said, I can voice my opinion just like you. I just wanted to see if anyone else picked up on this. Do you actually think you can get in the head of the all time leader in wins? I could tell he was rattled after that 1-0 win on Thusday. Thats what this thread was all about...A ridiculous statement Mike made.

This would be great! We can heckle Frog and see if he stands up to it "live" like here along "the boards"

1 vote for the Frog here!

Ah, but the difference is, callers get screened. And the host has the ability to shut them down.

Hecklers will be shut down immediately ;)

Do you actually think you can get in the head of the all time leader in wins? I could tell he was rattled after that 1-0 win on Thusday. Thats what this thread was all about...A ridiculous statement Mike made.

Tripp Tracy made almost the exact same remarks during Tuesday's broadcast.

Not that there haven't been a million "What the *heck* is up with Tripp Tracy" threads on here over the years as well.

If the premise of your argument is that Maniscalco made a ridiculous statement, I'd submit that, as has been previously pointed out, a number of hockey analysts made similar statements after Brodeur's antics Tuesday night, so on that basis alone he's no better or worse than many of the others.

And for the record, my personal opinion is that yes, I actually think you can get in the head of the all time leader in wins.

I seemed to have touched a nerve with you....

It doesn't take much... I wouldn't waste your time justifying, it's a perfectly legitimate topic.

I doubt Forslund does what he does for this show as a favor (i.e. he's paid), but even if he does, it doesn't mean he thinks one way or the other about Maniscalco. If Forslund's the pro he seems to be, he could work with anyone regardless of what he thinks of them.

From what little I've heard of Maniscalco, he does an OK job.

I believe your exact words were "THE SCROLL BAR IS YOUR FRIEND"

Maniscalco knows hockey but sometimes he's too much of a cheerleader for me. After a big loss, I really dont want to hear "if your the Carolina Hurricanes..." or "if your a fan of the carolina hurricanes....", most rational people get all that. Forslund is the piece I too wait for, I love hearing his unbiased take of the game. He says it like it is and sometimes floors me with his frankness.

What I do like about Maniscalco is how he handles the absolute idiots that call in the show. He's not afraid to tell a caller they're ignorant (although he probably says it more eloquently than I would), and is pretty gracious to the tots who's parents think its cool to hear their 8 year old call in. :rolleyes:

The post game shows have come a long way since the early days when 850 was our only choice but this aint NY, Philly or Boston and it shows.

I'm okay with Mike, have talked with him a few times in person, he's a nice guy. I enjoy having the show to listen to on the drive home, I usually listen to all of it. It does get better then Johnny gets on there but Mike keeps it rolling pretty nicely. There have been lots of kids talking on there and Mike usually just chuckles and moves on but did anyone hear when they cut the guy off last week when he was about to say something bad another Marty?? Wonder what he said that had to be cut off...

Like I said, I tolerate him until Johnny Forslund comes on. :) I normally listen to the entire post game show because I often have a 2.5 hour drive back to Edenton. Mike does an okay job. An IceFrogg postgame.....not on board with that. :lol: I'm sure I would get "screened."

I'm okay with Mike, have talked with him a few times in person, he's a nice guy. I enjoy having the show to listen to on the drive home, I usually listen to all of it. It does get better then Johnny gets on there but Mike keeps it rolling pretty nicely. There have been lots of kids talking on there and Mike usually just chuckles and moves on but did anyone hear when they cut the guy off last week when he was about to say something bad another Marty?? Wonder what he said that had to be cut off...

missed that one but after the last game when Seids was put in, some idiot calls in as says "I never want to see #5 suited up in a cane jersey ever again, he sucks so bad" or something like that. Manscalco stopped him in his tracks and said "sorry guy, but I just dont agree with you here. Thanks for calling."

Had us rolling all the way home. Why is it that most of the callers act like it was their first hockey game ever? Is there some requirement about not seeing more than 2 NHL games to be able to get on the air?

About the kids calling, I like kids but at 10:30pm at night after a tough battle of a game, I want to hear some real opinions. I get the whole family thing here but little kids calling in just to say it was a fun game, totally discredits all that Maniscalco is trying to build here. Manicalco handles it well but the parents are jokes for letting their kids call in.

Ah, but the difference is, callers get screened. And the host has the ability to shut them down.

Hecklers will be shut down immediately ;)

Hah, I doubt it. You're too much of a free speech rights, etc....to start invoking censorship. Also, you'd probably enjoy going back at 'em :)