The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac_97

Did anyone else almost blow a heart vavle during game 7 ?????

Yes I did. I swear my blood presure was going threw the roof lastnight when I thought for sure the Canes were going to lose. Made me even more mad during the intermissions because I had to watch the game on the Devils channel they keep saying oh in the second round the Devils will either face Pittsburgh or Washington and I just keep sitting there screaming at the TV saying this game aint over yet morons. Glad the canes came back and that kicked them right in the mouth.

OWNED!!! I can't imagine what it feels like to be a Devil's fan and leaving that building last night then waking up this mourning and thats the first thing thats on your mind, what a horrible way to end your season and now they have all summer to think about it. I Love It!!

My throat hurts so bad today! I may need to go to the DR. I feel like there is a big empty hole where my throat used to be. Well at least my throat hurts today and not my heart. Poor Jersey fans. Wonder if they have stopped cursing and spitting when they talk?

What a game, I knew we would score near the end. After the 3rd goal we were celebrating, and doing hi fives, then the satelite froze. We freaked out. A friend said oh no we won't see them win. I said no worry it's going to overtime. When the satelite rebooted we saw the Hurricanes celebrating, and thought it was odd that they would be celebrating that much going into overtime. It was then all of a sudden we sawthem flash the score 4-3 and we freake out, We knew they won, but had no idea how. What a great game.

GO CANES !!!!

I thought this thread was for legitimate medical emergencies brought on by game 7 only, saw over half a dozen responses, and was like "wow, I guess that explains all those sirens I heard outside off and on last night after 10:30PM".

No ER trips for me, although for a while I was wondering whether that pain in my chest was due to bench presses I did at the gym the day before or it was something more sinister...

Needless to say, the neighborhood was properly informed that there's a crazy Caniac living in it, although the majority of them knew this already :lol:

OWNED!!! I can't imagine what it feels like to be a Devil's fan and leaving that building last night then waking up this mourning and thats the first thing thats on your mind, what a horrible way to end your season and now they have all summer to think about it. I Love It!!

I thought I'd gloat and be smug and happy watching those Devils fans and the utter shock and awe on their faces as the clock wound down and the final horn sounded, but then I remembered that day barely over a year ago, and how I felt after the loss against the Panthers. Seriously, I felt like a family member has died, for a whole week or so nothing could make me smile or feel good about anything. My wife was the same. We were like 2 zombies for a whole week. It was really bad.

Yes I did. I swear my blood presure was going threw the roof lastnight when I thought for sure the Canes were going to lose. Made me even more mad during the intermissions because I had to watch the game on the Devils channel they keep saying oh in the second round the Devils will either face Pittsburgh or Washington and I just keep sitting there screaming at the TV saying this game aint over yet morons. Glad the canes came back and that kicked them right in the mouth.

Glad I'm not the only one who was going nuts! I had to leave the room a few times........ *takes deep breath of air*

Yeah it was pretty funny, but after looking at them all for a while on tv being so sad I felt bad for them....... ok maybe not.

This kind of stress can't be healthy for anyone. I wish we could just win outright for once haha. I'll take whatever we get though.

Yeah the stress was NOT good, I'm getting life insurance raised for the next round!

My throat hurts so bad today! I may need to go to the DR. I feel like there is a big empty hole where my throat used to be. Well at least my throat hurts today and not my heart. Poor Jersey fans. Wonder if they have stopped cursing and spitting when they talk?

Tell me about the throat issues, I can hardly talk today...... Is creamed more last night than I did at the last home game.

What a game, I knew we would score near the end. After the 3rd goal we were celebrating, and doing hi fives, then the satelite froze. We freaked out. A friend said oh no we won't see them win. I said no worry it's going to overtime. When the satelite rebooted we saw the Hurricanes celebrating, and thought it was odd that they would be celebrating that much going into overtime. It was then all of a sudden we sawthem flash the score 4-3 and we freake out, We knew they won, but had no idea how. What a great game.

GO CANES !!!!

You "KNEW" we would score? I had no idea and was scared to be honest! I was like "we are NOT going to win" over and over again. Usually when I tell myself we will lose we always WIN! So that reverse mind psychology works well for me.

I thought this thread was for legitimate medical emergencies brought on by game 7 only, saw over half a dozen responses, and was like "wow, I guess that explains all those sirens I heard outside off and on last night after 10:30PM".

No ER trips for me, although for a while I was wondering whether that pain in my chest was due to bench presses I did at the gym the day before or it was something more sinister...

Needless to say, the neighborhood was properly informed that there's a crazy Caniac living in it, although the majority of them knew this already :lol:

I thought I'd gloat and be smug and happy watching those Devils fans and the utter shock and awe on their faces as the clock wound down and the final horn sounded, but then I remembered that day barely over a year ago, and how I felt after the loss against the Panthers. Seriously, I felt like a family member has died, for a whole week or so nothing could make me smile or feel good about anything. My wife was the same. We were like 2 zombies for a whole week. It was really bad.

Yah it's to bad they were left hanging so high for so long only to be let down in the last 3 minutes...... like I said above I sorta feel sorry for them but my signature image below is still priceless!

nope...those of you who follow me on facebook saw my post literally a few minutes before the tie goal...I poked checked the hockey gods...

we goalies can be cool as cucs...sometimes.

Did anyone else here almost blow a heart valve during game 7? My blood pressure was sky high (like I just ate at a Mexican buffet)! After they won my face was red, my son and I were screaming and I think we woke the neighbors up two houses down. What a freaking game?!?! I love all types of sports but hockey is so freaking intense...... OMG I'm starting to sweat just thinking about it (blood pressure going up again)!

Anyway, great freaking game Hurricanes! I can't wait to see you guys in round 2!!!!

WoooooooooHoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been watching the Games on NHL Center Ice Online all the way from NZ, and I seriously felt like I was having a heart attack watching the Canes for the first 15 minutes of the third. I thought my left arm was going numb to be honest.

My facebook updates went from my status during game 6 > a prayer to the hockey Gods > cursing the canes for using too much fancy stick work and telling them to just shoot > to celebrating.

Crazy game.

Oh and just look up Youtube vids for the last two goals.

after staal's goal there is a girl behind him screaming "F You" and giving him the bird. I thought it was pretty funny.

Link to the video??

Oh and just look up Youtube vids for the last two goals.

after staal's goal there is a girl behind him screaming "F You" and giving him the bird. I thought it was pretty funny.

Yea I saw that, it was funny.

I literally hit the ceiling in my cousins basement when we scored the tying goal. Somewhat low basement, but still...I didnt think I could jump that high. And when I saw Staal breaking in, I actually whispered "Be the difference, shoot". I went ballistic when he scored, knocked over the delicious wings I had b4 the game, and my brothers beer.

The cleanup and sore head was worth the win!