The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
devilsfan-ch1

Congrats

Good to see that there is a classy fan in that otherwise unclassy fan base. It was a heck of a series, and you guys truly made us earn it.

A distraught Devils fan here.

I wanted to say that you have gotten a ton of *edit* from Devils fan and all of it is uncalled for. I am not from Jersey, but I found the *edit* that has been said all series disgusting. The bottom line is you guys are an incredible fan base who are loud and passionate about hockey, and it's incredible. People yell at Bettman for bringing hockey down south, but all of you are living proof what an amazing decision that was. You guys can hate Devils fans and that is fine. It is deserved.

You guys were the better team, and you deserved this. Cam Ward is an absolute stud.

Congrats and good luck.

Hey I don't classify Devils Fans as classless, that distinction goes to a fanbase a bit further to the west of you. It was great not having too many devil fans and i doubt we will have that many bruins either, if it was pens it would be much different.

I wanted to say that you have gotten a ton of *edit* from Devils fan and all of it is uncalled for. I am not from Jersey, but I found the *edit* that has been said all series disgusting. The bottom line is you guys are an incredible fan base who are loud and passionate about hockey, and it's incredible. People yell at Bettman for bringing hockey down south, but all of you are living proof what an amazing decision that was. You guys can hate Devils fans and that is fine. It is deserved.

You guys were the better team, and you deserved this. Cam Ward is an absolute stud.

Congrats and good luck.

Very classy message. Just from a hockey fan standpoint this series was greatness. It pretty much had everything including the Game 7 heroics that happened in the last 80 seconds or so. Forget hockey in the south alone, this series was good for the game of hockey.

Very classy message. Just from a hockey fan standpoint this series was greatness. It pretty much had everything including the Game 7 heroics that happened in the last 80 seconds or so. Forget hockey in the south alone, this series was good for the game of hockey.

It's a shame it involved two teams most people could care less about in the hockey world. You have no idea how many times people said this was the 8th series on their list. The TSN guys said it best. This will be a hidden gem for years to come because it was so under radar yet so good.

And another thing. Have you ever seen such a battle that was so straight up? This series was great because of the hockey and nothing else. None of that after the whistle shoving. No fights or cheap shots. This series wasn't built up because of trash talk or a dirty hit. Just two teams giving it there all and the better team coming out on top.

Agreed. This series was played better than any I've seen in a long time. To have won it was just icing on the cake. I don't mean to say I have no expectations for the 2nd round, but to have won that series is just blissful.........keep it up boys!

It's a shame it involved two teams most people could care less about in the hockey world. You have no idea how many times people said this was the 8th series on their list. The TSN guys said it best. This will be a hidden gem for years to come because it was so under radar yet so good.

And another thing. Have you ever seen such a battle that was so straight up? This series was great because of the hockey and nothing else. None of that after the whistle shoving. No fights or cheap shots. This series wasn't built up because of trash talk or a dirty hit. Just two teams giving it there all and the better team coming out on top.

Totally agree, and for me being a Canes fan from Canada. Everytime Tsn put the game on TSN 2 it was blacked out. Even game seven was until ten minutes left in the third. I am almost thinking that these two teams shouldnt of faced off in the first round. It would have been better as a conference final.

Best series of the first round in my opinion. Thanks for being so classy, I really do feel for you guys cause that was a terrible way to go out. Marty still is the best, and it was a completely even series. I really dont think either team outplayed each other in this series. Thanks for your message, hockey in the south is up and coming, and hopefully we have a rivalry that will be worth national TV next time around.

Thank you for showing class in the wake of a really tough loss, DevilsFan. I can't imagine how gut wrenching tonight was for you and your fellow Devils faithful. We (Caniac Nation) know all too well from our experiences with other fanbases, that ALL fanbases have bad apples, some more than others, and we generally all know and understand that it's only the "bad" that you ever hear about, so it is a great pleasure to see you extend a congratulations.

This truly was a fantastic series. I don't think you could ask for a tighter, more exciting, more evenly matched series than what we were treated to, and greatest of all is both organizations showed great respect for each other. This was indeed hockey STRAIGHT UP and AT ITS BEST. I think Shanahan said it himself before game 7 that it was a shame that one of these two teams would have to exit in the first round; this should've been the ECF (although it deserved to be SCF IMO, although we know that could never happen unless the tectonic plates moved around a bunch for no reason). Forget about growing hockey in the south - this series was so good it could grow hockey ANYWHERE. It's too bad the rest of the world missed out on it, but at least we and you and your's got to witness it.

Good luck next year!

I was going to start a thread called 'Karma' because I was so frustrated with the way so many of the Devils fanbase were being so rude and mean-spirited about this tremendous series - especially the hatred directed at us, the Caniacs that love our team. I was ready to accept the loss and I fully intended to root for the Devils the rest of the way because I would rather our guys lose to the eventual winner - takes the sting out a little.

Anyway, now I can't start that thread because one good apple comes over and behaves in a classy manner. Thanks.

Hopefully the next time we meet in the post-season it will be the conference finals rather than in a series that the whole hockey world missed.

Thanks DevilsFan! There are more good Devils fans than the stinko ones we tend to notice. I have one that sits close to me at all Canes game in Canes Jersey. When her Devils come to town she is all Devils and she is a class act.

Thank again and that was one heck of a series...

Brodeur did not deserve to lose like that. I'm glad it happened, but he is still the best.

How do you think he should have lost?

I thought this was one of the greatest series' that I've ever seen. Two decisive victories on home ice and 5, count them 5, games that went down to the last second (one to the last .2 second). Both goalies stood on their heads. Both teams played great. It's ashamed that someone has to go home after this, but if they do, thankfully it was the Devils.

I'm not too down on the Devil's fanbase, at least they aren't Buffalo.

Brodeur did not deserve to lose like that. I'm glad it happened, but he is still the best.

Brodeur showed his a$$ many times in this series. He went out like I thought he would have, storming off the rink without shaking anyones hand. Couldn't have happened to a better person.

Brodeur showed his a$$ many times in this series. He went out like I thought he would have, storming off the rink without shaking anyones hand. Couldn't have happened to a better person.

WHAT ???? He showed his a$$ once and in a situation that many other goalies have lost it too. And not shaking hands???? Did you even watch the game??? He was in the line like everyone else and congratulated Cam.

I really don't know how a hockey fan could put the hate on Marty. He has always been a class act. Even his interviews after Game 4 showed class after an amazing tough loss.

Congrats and good luck.

Thank you for the classy message; I know it was probably difficult, but it just shows how the majority of fans over in NJ aren't the problem. It was an amazing series from start to finish and Game 7 could have gone either way (as could Games 2-6 for that matter). IMO, it was the best series of the first round and every game was entertaining for fans of both teams, and just hockey fans in general. You have one heck of team and one heck of a coach so best of luck to you next season!

Congrats and good luck.

I can only imagine how you feel right now. What a great message. Thank for the support and congratulatory remarks. We know better than to label all Jersey fans by some idiotic comments on those message boards. I know you will feel better in a couple of days once the initial shock wears off but just remember this series will be remembered for a long, long time by both fanbases and anyone who loves the game.

Classy ... Just like the Devils. Thanks for a great series! You guys gave us a real fight. Well played.

Congrats and good luck.

Congrats and good luck.

Thanks and its good fans like you that make this sport special. B) I have TONS of respect for NJ. Pure class all the way as a team

One of the best series I have ever watched since 1979. Keep your chin up, you guys will be back. You still have a magificent team

and the best goalie of all time IMO. Now cheer us on vs a very very very tough Bs team

Congrats and good luck.

Thank you for the kind words. Your team gave us a great series. It was a tough way to lose.

Best luck to you and the Devils in the future.