The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jctoronto

HEY HEY , WHAT DO YA SAY???

Not to bust your bubble but I have no doubt that the Bruins will be ready for us. Question is, can we get off of cloud 9 quick enough to be ready for them?

If you think beating Jersey was tough and took some luck, consider playing a team with the most stingiest defense in the league, has better goaltending, bigger and more physical players willing and able to wear you down every game, speedier forwards with a cold blooded knack to make you pay for your mistakes, and the right mindset to go all the way. Just ask the swept Habs who thought they would have a fair chance just because they beat them a few times during the regular season.

What we can't afford is to come out flat in another game 1. Playoff games are too precious to squander away like that. I think the ship has been righted enough that it won't happen again.

Gotta fly south with at least a split.

Canes must think this will take 7 as verified by this on the site:

==============================================

1 May 1 Friday TD Banknorth Garden 7:30 p.m. FS Carolinas HD

2 May 3 Sunday TD Banknorth Garden 7:30 p.m. Versus HD

3 May 6 Wednesday RBC Center 7:30 p.m. FS Carolinas

4 May 8 Friday RBC Center 7:30 p.m. FS Carolinas

5 May 10 Sunday TD Banknorth Garden 7:30 p.m. Versus HD

6 May 12 Tuesday RBC Center 7:00 p.m. FS Carolinas

7 May 14 Thursday TD Banknorth Garden TBD FS Carolinas

* = if necessary

==============================================

They don't have an "*" beside games 5-7 :lol:

Kidding aside....here is to a great series...

Actually, I believe in the last 2 months of the season, since Valentine's Day, for example, we have allowed about 10 FEWER goals than the Bruins.

Oh yeah, we've scored about 10 MORE goals than them in the same timeframe.

This. Is. Carolina.

Not to bust your bubble but I have no doubt that the Bruins will be ready for us. Question is, can we get off of cloud 9 quick enough to be ready for them?

If you think beating Jersey was tough and took some luck, consider playing a team with the most stingiest defense in the league, has better goaltending, bigger and more physical players willing and able to wear you down every game, speedier forwards with a cold blooded knack to make you pay for your mistakes, and the right mindset to go all the way. Just ask the swept Habs who thought they would have a fair chance just because they beat them a few times during the regular season.

Bruins were 4-0 against us in the regular season but several of those were of the 1 goal or OT variety... It wouldnt be too hard to flip that around and be on the winning side. Should be quite exciting, especially since we are playing much better then the last few times we faced the B's.... Still will be very hard to advance through this one.

Bruins were 4-0 against us in the regular season but several of those were of the 1 goal or OT variety... It wouldnt be too hard to flip that around and be on the winning side. Should be quite exciting, especially since we are playing much better then the last few times we faced the B's.... Still will be very hard to advance through this one.

IF anyone is bored and has the time can you post the scores and dates from the 4 times we played Boston this year? I would love to know but I'm at work and should be working....lol Thanks in advance!

IF anyone is bored and has the time can you post the scores and dates from the 4 times we played Boston this year? I would love to know but I'm at work and should be working....lol Thanks in advance!

Dec 20, 2008 Hurricanes Bruins 2 - 4

Dec 27, 2008 Bruins Hurricanes 4 - 2

Jan 10, 2009 Hurricanes Bruins 1 - 5

Feb 17, 2009 Bruins Hurricanes 5 - 1

Btw, obviously no OT or 1 goal games. I think the first game includes an empty netter though

Dec 20, 2008 Hurricanes Bruins 2 - 4

Dec 27, 2008 Bruins Hurricanes 4 - 2

Jan 10, 2009 Hurricanes Bruins 1 - 5

Feb 17, 2009 Bruins Hurricanes 5 - 1

Btw, obviously no OT or 1 goal games. I think the first game includes an empty netter though

Thanks Whaler, you rock! Hmmm I think we have hope though!

The Bruins blogger recapped each game and is giving practice updates. NESN has been replaying all 4 of the season games throughout the day. The Dec game was really a lot closer than the score suggests. It was tied 2-2 till the last 6 minutes of the game when the B's scored the go ahead goal, and the 4th goal was an empty netter. I think the 1st game was also close until the end but the last two were ugly.

We never saw the B's after the Canes got their season together and started the great run so its hard to compare the regular season games to now.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/' target="_blank">http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins...as/bruins_blog/[/post]

Wesley's game was also close for most of the game, 1-1, until we just completely collapsed in the 3rd.

Which is the Bruin's MO, wear down opponents and go in for the kill. If the Canes dont let them wear them down, the games could be more evenly matched. The Bruins are well rested and should have plenty of energy but the Canes are in mid-battle form. The Bruins wont take long to get there but the Canes should come out stronger to start.

The Canes have stepped up their game since the last time we faced the Bs. I 'm not saying the Bs will roll over and play dead but I think the Canes have a legit shot at winning this series or at least giving them a run for their money.

Tim Thomas is better than Martin Broduer? I think what you meant here was Tim Thomas plays better against us than Martin Broduer. Although that trend only started this season. We always played well against them until this year. I think we are a much different team than we were when we met them in the regular season. Since the trade deadline, Cam Ward has been his Conn Smythe self.

We are tight defensively as well, and our forwards all come back to help. The one question I ask is do we have enough firepower to match their firepower. Well, we have Staal, Whitney, Jokinen, and LaRose. If Cullen, Ruutu, Cole, Brind'Amour, Babchuk, Corvo, Sergei Samsonov can wake up and start factoring in offensively, then we have a pretty good chance at an upset. We already have a legitimate chance at defeating the Bruins. Remember in 2006, we went up against the Devils, who were on a 14 game win streak (or something like that) and they swept the first round? Remember how everyone expected us to be demolished that round? Remember the outcome? That's why I have all the confidence in the team that they are capable of doing this. Plus, we beat the Devils, so we make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. That's the trend anyways, winner of the Canes - Devils series always has gone on to the Cup Finals. Why stop doing it now? :P