The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
KeyWestCorona

Gleason's outstanding effort made me wonder....

Possibility. Let me go check my portable alternate dimension.

Does that dimension tell you how the Canes make out for the 2nd round?

Well to be fair, we have to see how JJ does in the post season. Not sure when that will be, but we will have to wait and see. :P

In pure, natural talent JJ might have Timmy beat - but I have a very hard time believing that he beats Timmy in the most important category, HEART. That was pure desire to help his team win, that one moment defined Game 7 to me.

Does that dimension tell you how the Canes make out for the 2nd round?

I'll have to go to a different dimension for that. The one I visited only showed what the team would be like if we kept Johnson.

Let me say, having President Cheney drop the puck at Game 6 against the Winnipeg Jets was something to behold.

I'll have to go to a different dimension for that. The one I visited only showed what the team would be like if we kept Johnson.

Let me say, having President Cheney drop the puck at Game 6 against the Winnipeg Jets was something to behold.

Did he trip the goalie?

Well to be fair, we have to see how JJ does in the post season. Not sure when that will be, but we will have to wait and see. :P

We will see next year. Put it down in your book. JWilly will lead that team to the playoffs next season. They weren't that far off this season. But, that's for another time. Our time is NOW!

In pure, natural talent JJ might have Timmy beat - but I have a very hard time believing that he beats Timmy in the most important category, HEART. That was pure desire to help his team win, that one moment defined Game 7 to me.

his PURE NATURAL TALENT has him at a minus 42 in 120 games, do we really need to wait?

And do we really need another thread to start debating the value of Jack Johnson? Especially if you've already posted your opinions in the other one?

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...showtopic=15550

Now, if we want to discuss the amazing save at the blue line by Gleason that put us into round #2, that definately deserves its own thread. After hearing Tripp go on and on about how it was all about Joni (no disrespect to Joni for that perfect pass), I couldn't believe that Gleason wasn't getting any kudos for keeping the puck in the zone by falling to his knees, diving for the puck to pass it over a stick of a NJ player to get it right on the tape of Pitkanen. Today, XM and the NHL network gave full props to Gleason recognizing his heroics.

And do we really need another thread to start debating the value of Jack Johnson? Especially if you've already posted your opinions in the other one?

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=15550' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...showtopic=15550[/post]

Oh, but it's fun! Lighten up and let us enjoy having JJ as a joke right now. What can it hurt? Go Timmay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on Cat5

Was he (Cheney) even allowed to" SHOOT" a puck?

But as for Gleason,, his play is what made Joni's pass possible and then the Goal. His keep at the blue line and then to make a pass like he did is a bigger assist than Joni's pass to Jussi... IMO. Perfect reason why there is more than just 1 person that gets an assist on a goal!!

Was he (Cheney) even allowed to" SHOOT" a puck?

But as for Gleason,, his play is what made Joni's pass possible and then the Goal. His keep at the blue line and then to make a pass like he did is a bigger assist than Joni's pass to Jussi... IMO. Perfect reason why there is more than just 1 person that gets an assist on a goal!!

agree. Gleason doesn't make that play, I doubt VERY much we would have scored. They would have gotten the puck out and then what.....?

John and Tripp also thought it was Seidenberg, so right off the bat Timmy didn't get the credit he deserved.

But all in all, that was a great keep and a great pass to Joni, like Mo said "Timmy saved our season at the blueline" (or something similar to that...).

What really bothers me is why both John Forslund and Tripp Tracey continuously called it as Seidenberg making the play from his knees. As it was happening and after it happened.

Aw Jazzy beat me to it. :(

i dont remember everything about the situation but didnt jj pull and eli manning and publicly state he wasnt happy as a member of our organization, then we tried to trade him for jordan staal but they want jj and ladd witch we werent will to part with. then we unload oleg's terrible contract and a 19 year old kid for gleason and belanger. i loved the trade then and i love it now. gleason is our best defender. by a rather large margin as well.

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=15550' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...showtopic=15550[/post]

Now, if we want to discuss the amazing save at the blue line by Gleason that put us into round #2, that definately deserves its own thread. After hearing Tripp go on and on about how it was all about Joni (no disrespect to Joni for that perfect pass), I couldn't believe that Gleason wasn't getting any kudos for keeping the puck in the zone by falling to his knees, diving for the puck to pass it over a stick of a NJ player to get it right on the tape of Pitkanen. Today, XM and the NHL network gave full props to Gleason recognizing his heroics.

Gleason's heroics were evident. Coach Mo said that was a pivotal moment in the game. Gleason quietly had a GREAT first playoff series. Game winning goal, assists, holding the zone, and man handling Devils players against the boards consistently on every shift. Gleason may not have the best shot in the world, he might not be 7 foot tall, but Timmy is our best all-round defensemen...hands down. He is franchise, and I think the world of the guy. <----geez, guess I've been listening to Tripp too much? Eek.

Gleason's heroics were evident. Coach Mo said that was a pivotal moment in the game. Gleason quietly had a GREAT first playoff series. Game winning goal, assists, holding the zone, and man handling Devils players against the boards consistently on every shift. Gleason may not have the best shot in the world, he might not be 7 foot tall, but Timmy is our best all-round defensemen...hands down. He is franchise, and I think the world of the guy. <----geez, guess I've been listening to Tripp too much? Eek.

I'm with you on that. He's a great interview too, he always gives great answers and puts it all out there. He isn't afraid to call himself out when he screws up. Definitely future A or C material.

And how can anyone listen to Tripp too much! :P If you're listening to him there's Canes hockey going on!