The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

TV SCHEDULE/JIP and other broadcast questions

They aren't on local TV that you can pick up with an antenna, you have to have the Fox Sports Carolina's sports package. The games are blacked out on Versus because the games are carried locally by Fox Sports. Just tell Dish you want the sports package that gives you all the Fox sports networks.

SLOW DOWN EVERYONE...THIS ISN'T SWINE FLU WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

check out this link about TV coverage...

here

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=420555' target="_blank">"Joined in Progress"[/post].

Check out the times on the games affecting us.

OMG~WE WILL GET TO SEE THE FINAL 10 MINUTES OR SO OF HALF OF OUR CONFERENCE SEMIFINAL GAMES!! THANK YOU, NHL, FOR BEING SO GRACIOUS!! MY GOD WITH WINGS/DUCKS AND THE GREATEST HOCKEY SERIES IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE, WE LITTLE OL' CANES FANS ARE SO LUCKY THAT YOU'RE EVEN THROWING US A BONE.

Give me a freakin' break. Any chance Center Ice will be showing the TSN feeds on these games in question?

They aren't on local TV that you can pick up with an antenna, you have to have the Fox Sports Carolina's sports package. The games are blacked out on Versus because the games are carried locally by Fox Sports. Just tell Dish you want the sports package that gives you all the Fox sports networks.

I already spend like $80/month on my satellite bill, I don't want to spend any more money to get a sports package just to watch a couple games.

So does that mean only the 15% of north carolina population that has a fox sports package can watch the games?

I still dont understanding the reasoning behind this blacking out...

How can FSS force the satellite company to black out other stations?

Why black out your own station? The station gets paid by the number of eyes that see their commercials, no matter what station number the game is on, it is still showing the same commercials.

If the standard answer is "watch Center Ice", that's completely unacceptable. Center Ice isn't something that's available to everyone on all the cable providers in the Carolinas.

Nope, cant watch it with Center Ice either. Blacked out.

You would think versus would wise up. They already missed out on televising what most people agree was the best round 1 series.

Doesn't matter to them which series is the best. It's all about viewership and advertising dollars. We kind of got screwed in that Detroit is playing their WESTERN CONFERENCE series the same nights as we are playing. And think about it, Detroit (Hockeytown, USA) and Anaheim (the L.A. television market). They can't have the Red Wings and Ducks playing most of their games only on their local cable outlets (FS Detroit and Prime Ticket, respectively) as there are Red Wings fans everywhere. Hey, I'm stoked to even have 2 games scheduled to be on VS. and especially to have Johnny Forslund on the play-by-play. I just hope FS Carolinas doesn't *edit* the bed on the HD thing again. There is no excuse for not airing every single playoff game in "crystal clear high definition." Make it happen, Fox!

Of note, I have the game listed on "Game 1" on Center Ice for tonight. My guess is it's the Boston feed, but beggars can't be choosers. So, the locals should have no problem getting Johnny and Tripp, and the out of towners such as myself should be covered if they have Center Ice.

Someone explain to me how in today's day and age why it's so hard to run an HD feed for every broadcast (at least in the playoffs)? :angry:

Here is the Center Ice schedule according to InDemand.com.

05/01/2009 7:30 Carolina@Boston - Feed NESN

05/06/2009 7:30 Boston@Carolina - Feed FSSalt

05/08/2009 7:30 Boston@Carolina - Feed FSSalt

05/14/2009 TBD Carolina@Boston - Feed NESN

I have to put up with the NESN feed, but at least I get to see the game. Oh..and no HD at all on Center Ice.

HeloApex

Has anyone living in NC been able to watch the Canes games on Dish Network (fox sport south)??? Fox sports says they should be showing the games but Dish says they are not...

Has anyone living in NC been able to watch the Canes games on Dish Network (fox sport south)??? Fox sports says they should be showing the games but Dish says they are not...

Yes. They are not shown on the FSS channel (420). They are shown on the alternate sports channels, usually in the 440 (SD and HD) and 470 (SD) ranges. HD games are also in the 9510 range. If these channels aren't available on your subscription, you can pay extra to add them. They are included if you have local channels.

Tonight's game is on 443 HD, 449 SD.

Oh man one of my friends was freaking out because he couldn't find game 7. I had to keep giving him updates. I would have killed someone if I couldn't find it. It's the same for TWC on my TV but apparently Dish has been having issues.

Oh man one of my friends was freaking out because he couldn't find game 7. I had to keep giving him updates. I would have killed someone if I couldn't find it. It's the same for TWC on my TV but apparently Dish has been having issues.

I don't want to sound like a commercial for Dish...but I have not had a problem with programming at all since I got it in January. So much better than Charter cable, which had no FSS HD and no DVR. I am now a DVR addict.

One game (regular season) they dropped the post game feed early, but other than that, smooth sailing. I have heard continuing issues with cable, and even a couple with DirecTV, but so far none with Dish. Yeah, the channels change, but doing a search is pretty easy. Some folks do have a hard time with it, my brother called me about not being able to find game 7 also. But that's more a "read the instructions" type of thing. Once you figure out search, your DVR will fill rapidly. :)

Thanks JLP, I'm not missing this one...game 7 on the radio was torture. I am not sure which package you have with dish, but I had a mid level package with fox sports and the locals and I still couldn't see the alternate channels. I had to upgrade to the top tier package to view them, which seems a little odd to me. Oh well, the Canes are worth it!!!

Dish Network blacked out both feeds last night.

I hope my boyz sweep you blackout happy crapheals!!

I can't watch John and Tripp. For some reason its blacked out and I have to listen to those morons Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley. I hope games 3 and 4 aren't blacked out or I'll have to watch the whole game muted.