The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bigbander

Fate of Maurice not set in stone - News and Observer

Give him a one year deal once the season is done with regardless of how the team fares in the next round. If the team does well again next year then there can be talk of a multiyear deal.

We will just keep a steady rotation of Mo replacing Lavi and Lavi replacing Mo.

No but really, Maurice can stick around for another year if we want.

I'll give a different take on the Mo issue. I first started attending Canes games the first year in Greensboro when the team was playing infront of crowds of 7000 and the games on the radio were being pre-empted by Duke basketball. My living room looks like a shrine to the Canes and I have more Canes hats than anyone should have. Then something happened....I knew Lavi was going to go, but the day the team announced Mo was coming back, maybe the very instant, any passion, love, support, any feeling I had for the Canes...died. At first I had to resist the urge to take all of my Canes stuff, pack it in boxes, drive to the RBC center and throw it on the side walk. After the intitial rage, I then found myself watching the Canes and feeling nothing, absolutley numb. Even the winning streak, the heroics against the Devils, I sit in my season ticket seats and feel completely, literally nothing. I believe I would feel more if the Canes had put a traffic cone behind the bench and called it Coach. My memories of Mo 1.0 were and are still too vivid. I can't even fake enthusiasm. Some of my coworkers say I should support the players, not the coach, but when I hear "And the head coach Paul Maurice!" over the PA system before the game, I groan, slump in my seat and don't care what happens on the ice. I can't explain it, can't fix it, and don't know if I'll ever get the "fever back". (and no, more cowbell won't help.)

When the MoRon coaching team was established, we were long shots to make the playoffs.

We have to be careful with that. It's because we are winning that no one has caught on. But if Mo had not worked out, the media could have a field day with "moron" behind the bench.

I'll give a different take on the Mo issue. I first started attending Canes games the first year in Greensboro when the team was playing infront of crowds of 7000 and the games on the radio were being pre-empted by Duke basketball. My living room looks like a shrine to the Canes and I have more Canes hats than anyone should have. Then something happened....I knew Lavi was going to go, but the day the team announced Mo was coming back, maybe the very instant, any passion, love, support, any feeling I had for the Canes...died. At first I had to resist the urge to take all of my Canes stuff, pack it in boxes, drive to the RBC center and throw it on the side walk. After the intitial rage, I then found myself watching the Canes and feeling nothing, absolutley numb. Even the winning streak, the heroics against the Devils, I sit in my season ticket seats and feel completely, literally nothing. I believe I would feel more if the Canes had put a traffic cone behind the bench and called it Coach. My memories of Mo 1.0 were and are still too vivid. I can't even fake enthusiasm. Some of my coworkers say I should support the players, not the coach, but when I hear "And the head coach Paul Maurice!" over the PA system before the game, I groan, slump in my seat and don't care what happens on the ice. I can't explain it, can't fix it, and don't know if I'll ever get the "fever back". (and no, more cowbell won't help.)

Why don't you give your season tickets to a deserving youngster, and wait for a coaching change. No-one last forever ;)

I'll give a different take on the Mo issue. I first started attending Canes games the first year in Greensboro when the team was playing infront of crowds of 7000 and the games on the radio were being pre-empted by Duke basketball. My living room looks like a shrine to the Canes and I have more Canes hats than anyone should have. Then something happened....I knew Lavi was going to go, but the day the team announced Mo was coming back, maybe the very instant, any passion, love, support, any feeling I had for the Canes...died. At first I had to resist the urge to take all of my Canes stuff, pack it in boxes, drive to the RBC center and throw it on the side walk. After the initial rage, I then found myself watching the Canes and feeling nothing, absolutely numb. Even the winning streak, the heroics against the Devils, I sit in my season ticket seats and feel completely, literally nothing. I believe I would feel more if the Canes had put a traffic cone behind the bench and called it Coach. My memories of Mo 1.0 were and are still too vivid. I can't even fake enthusiasm. Some of my coworkers say I should support the players, not the coach, but when I hear "And the head coach Paul Maurice!" over the PA system before the game, I groan, slump in my seat and don't care what happens on the ice. I can't explain it, can't fix it, and don't know if I'll ever get the "fever back". (and no, more cowbell won't help.)

i feel your pain, i love the team and the way they play but the thought of maurice as coach still makes me nauseous. No matter what other say you can't change a leopards spots so thinking he spent time with Dr. Phil and got a makeover just doesn't work for me. And no hockeybabe I will not give up my tickets.

Reads more like a BuffaloCanesFan issue than a Mo issue. ;)