The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
BigMiike

Do Canes fans expect to make the SCF's whenever we make the playoffs?

This is a really young and neive fanbase and at times it shows. Some teams dont see the SCF 20-30 years in between, we've seen it twice in the past 10 years. I expect to make the playoffs each year is what I expect actually, after that I want them to win but the stars and moons have to align to bring a cup home and I know that full well 2006 was magic on ice.

I am neither young nor Neive. I Choose to have faith and expect the unexpected. If you analyze and apply logic to the whole process resulting in probabilities it kind takes some of the magic and wonder out of it all.

Believe and Succeed. People with a positive and non-jaded outlook don't need to be Neive or young.

Take it all and leave nothing for the rest!

Lets Go Canes ! Lets Go Canes ! Lets Go Canes !

I am neither young not Neive. I Choose to have faith and expect the unexpected. If you analyze and apply logic to the whole process resulting in probabilities it kind takes some of the magic and wonder out of it all.

Believe and Succeed. People with a positive and non-jaded outlook don't need to be Neive or young.

Take it all and leave nothing for the rest!

Lets Go Canes ! Lets Go Canes ! Lets Go Canes !

The fanbase itself is young no matter how you wanna look at it. The franchise has been here 10 years and most have been fans less then 4 seasons.

I "hope" the Canes are intending to win. Action of people who intend something are different from actions of people who just hope. Tiger Woods doesn't hope to win, he intends to win.

The fanbase itself is young no matter how you wanna look at it. The franchise has been here 10 years and most have been fans less then 4 seasons.

I was speaking for myself specifically. I am 48 years old and born and brought up in Vermont. I have followed and played hockey on frozen ponds since I was 4. (Not so much in North Carolina).

It is matter of outlook not years.

How long you have been a fan does not determine the legitimacy of your opinion swhen it comes to rooting for your team. I continue to be amazed at how some people in this area want to recreate the same atmosphere and "rules of engagement " if you will for The Canes fans.

Hockey Snobbery Lives on. :angry:

Lets celebrate the "young" fanbase and what is generates on a regular basis in the arena.

My 4 cents of so.

When the Canes are playing with their full effort and attention, I am not so sure there are better teams out there. The guys locked it in at the beginning of March and forced their way into the playoffs, they didn't back in and they weren't 'lucky' to get in. The first half of the season was the drag on the team ranking, but NOBODY did better late in the season than our Canes.

Sometimes in sports you give it everything you have and you still lose - as a fan, I can accept that and still be a proud, happy caniac. The only time I get frustrated with them is when they are not playing with everything they have. If they played hard, like last night, and lost - it wouldn't bother me.

I was speaking for myself specifically. I am 48 years old and born and brought up in Vermont. I have followed and played hockey on frozen ponds since I was 4. (Not so much in North Carolina).

It is matter of outlook not years.

How long you have been a fan does not determine the legitimacy of your opinion swhen it comes to rooting for your team. I continue to be amazed at how some people in this area want to recreate the same atmosphere and "rules of engagement " if you will for The Canes fans.

Hockey Snobbery Lives on. :angry:

Lets celebrate the "young" fanbase and what is generates on a regular basis in the arena.

My 4 cents of so.

So your taking my post personal why?

The fanbase is young...truth....most are new to hockey also true.

To believe a cup run will happen every 4 years is neive. It's not college and we didnt just groom our freshman til thier senior year.

I also at no point said all canes fans, so if your 48 and been playing hockey since you popped out good for you congrats.

So your taking my post personal why?

The fanbase is young...truth....most are new to hockey also true.

To believe a cup run will happen every 4 years is neive. It's not college and we didnt just groom our freshman til thier senior year.

I also at no point said all canes fans, so if your 48 and been playing hockey since you popped out good for you congrats.

Not personal. Sorry- but I thought you were responding to me since you quoted me. My bad.

This is a judgement call "To believe a cup run will happen every 4 years is naive."

It was that judgement I questioned.

I apologize if this discussion was not clear. I will continue to live in my fantasy world where I believe we always are running for the cup.

Agree to Disagree?

I don't think about it actually. If they win then it's so much sweeter. If you expect it, then anything less is a disappointment. Nothing is worse than expecting a win, as if we were playing a non-playoff bound team, and then lose.

I don't believe we can make the Cup Final every time we go. We have to lose at some point but I just don't want to think about it. Like having your wisdom teeth out.

I don't expect the team to win the Cup. I do think they have a legit chance at the Cup though. The Canes are 1/8 teams to win the Cup. Besides the Red Wings they have the most experienced cup winning team in the playoffs, with the number of guys from the 06 team. I don't expect them to win, but I expect them to go out have fun and play their best.

Expect no, demand....maybe, hopeful...definitely. I'm a realist. Making the post season is only half the battle. Then each series are other battles you have to win on the way to the war (SCF). It is like being a climber, looking to summit Everest. You didn't bring the best Sherpas, but most have summited before. They are all strong, but not the strongest around. Now we have to make our summit push, and there are lots of variables we have to contend with....weather, equipment, communications, lines, etc. We may or may not make it to the summit, but the adventure is in the push...and there is always next year. However, this year would be much better. Lets Go CANES!!!!!

I want to see them make it to the SCF's every year from training camp on. I know that can not happen every year but I always want to see them do well and win as many stanley cups as they can.