The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wardothemagnificent

Hurricanes rockin' Carolina Beach

Now that's funny...... My brother has a place in Carolina Beach, went down there this weekend.

I have some new Caniacs born as well. My family knows that "Hockey Trumps Everything", so if they don't keep a Canes Schedule on their refrigerator, they can't plan a family outing. I won't miss a game. So weddings, funerals, parties, all have to be scheduled around the Canes Games. I've taken a lot of heat about that for years, heard "You and your darned hockey" more times than i care to count. My response was ........"if you ever went to a game, you'd understand".

On December 7 '08, I had an extra ticket and asked my sister to join me. She hasn't missed a game yet, and is now buying season tickets for next year.

On April 7 '09, I was given 2 extra tickets and invited my niece and her boyfriend. They've been to every home game since then, and now they're getting ready to purchase season tickets for next year.

So Caniacs are born all over the place......... It's addictive.

Now that's funny...... My brother has a place in Carolina Beach, went down there this weekend.

I have some new Caniacs born as well. My family knows that "Hockey Trumps Everything", so if they don't keep a Canes Schedule on their refrigerator, they can't plan a family outing. I won't miss a game. So weddings, funerals, parties, all have to be scheduled around the Canes Games. I've taken a lot of heat about that for years, heard "You and your darned hockey" more times than i care to count. My response was ........"if you ever went to a game, you'd understand".

On December 7 '08, I had an extra ticket and asked my sister to join me. She hasn't missed a game yet, and is now buying season tickets for next year.

On April 7 '09, I was given 2 extra tickets and invited my niece and her boyfriend. They've been to every home game since then, and now they're getting ready to purchase season tickets for next year.

Definitely! Born and raised in Raleigh, live in CB now and I love it. I do wish I could make more than 5 or 6 Canes games a year. Two of my best friends knew nothing about hockey (one is from NJ, the other from Philly- just thought I should point that out) and since I have gotten them watching, now they can't stop! Hurricane fever I guess. :P

Reminds of a joke.

I was at game 4 against the Devils. Tickets were hard to find, but as I'm a STH it didn't matter. I settled into my plastic slice of heaven. Down my row, toward center ice, I noticed an empty seat. After the 1st period I noticed the seat was still empty.so I slide down and occupied it. I made a comment about the seat to the guy sitting next to it. He said, "It was my wife's, but she died a few days ago." I looked around and thought about the rabid Caniacs who would have done anything for that seat, so I asked him." Couldn't you have found a friend or relative to give the ticket to?" Maintaining his stare down at the ice he said "they're all at the funeral."

Not original. I know.

Reminds of a joke.

I was at game 4 against the Devils. Tickets were hard to find, but as I'm a STH it didn't matter. I settled into my plastic slice of heaven. Down my row, toward center ice, I noticed an empty seat. After the 1st period I noticed the seat was still empty.so I slide down and occupied it. I made a comment about the seat to the guy sitting next to it. He said, "It was my wife's, but she died a few days ago." I looked around and thought about the rabid Caniacs who would have done anything for that seat, so I asked him." Couldn't you have found a friend or relative to give the ticket to?" Maintaining his stare down at the ice he said "they're all at the funeral."

Not original. I know.

haha that is funny!

Reminds of a joke.

Not original. I know.

ha ha nice. DEDICATION!

Reminds of a joke.

Not original. I know.

A classic! One of my favorites. :)

Reminds of a joke.

Not original. I know.

Bahahaha. I LOLd at that one. I have to admit, it took me a few minutes and I was like, "Wait, so this really happened?" Then... realization came. I'm slow... XD

Wilmington area Caniacs need a 'cool bars' deal down here. We get neglected. I think the Canes could draw a few more fans from down east with a little extra effort. We even have a rink here in Wilmywood......we have a local college hockey team, we need to generate a greater fanbase within a 3-4 hour drive of the RBC.

Make those fans big.

Wilmington area Caniacs need a 'cool bars' deal down here. We get neglected. I think the Canes could draw a few more fans from down east with a little extra effort. We even have a rink here in Wilmywood......we have a local college hockey team, we need to generate a greater fanbase within a 3-4 hour drive of the RBC.

Make those fans big.

I couldn't agree more.....I think I'm going to start playing again, I need to find out when the ameture leagues start back.

UNCW?

Good point btw.

Yes, UNCW. A link to their team site is in my sig line. They're pretty good. Had a bad run in the playoffs, they had some financial difficulties related to some stuff that happened here in Wilmington affecting their assistant coach, whom I know.

The new season at the Ice House starts next week. I played last season, sitting out the summer to go diving. I'll play again in the fall and winter. Our goalie showed up to our championship game drunk......so we put a skater back there, and built a brick wall on our blue line, but that pace was rediculous. We were down by one in the third, pulled our 'netminder' and they got the empty netter to win 4-2. It was a bitter pill, so I need to lay out a season to control my temper about the whole situation.

Yes, UNCW. A link to their team site is in my sig line. They're pretty good. Had a bad run in the playoffs, they had some financial difficulties related to some stuff that happened here in Wilmington affecting their assistant coach, whom I know.

The new season at the Ice House starts next week. I played last season, sitting out the summer to go diving. I'll play again in the fall and winter. Our goalie showed up to our championship game drunk......so we put a skater back there, and built a brick wall on our blue line, but that pace was rediculous. We were down by one in the third, pulled our 'netminder' and they got the empty netter to win 4-2. It was a bitter pill, so I need to lay out a season to control my temper about the whole situation.

That sucks...sorry to hear it. There was a little weirdness down there over the last couple of months, but it seems to have worked its way out. Bryan is a heck of a coach, he was doing the stick handling class my son was in. The adult leagues actually started this week, the junior leagues start next week. Only a week break then right back at it.

The Canes have more fans down here than they realize. We ought to have some sort of gathering. Hockey at the beach, what could be better?!

I'm actually going to be at CB and if there is a game 7 with Boston will need to watch it somewhere, as where I'm staying likely will not get the game. Where do you guys go to watch?

Buffalo Wild Wings usually has hockey on. They have 2 locations in Wilmington...one in Monkey Junction and the other in North Wilmington near the Wal-Mart on Sigmon Rd.

Sometimes you have to riot to get them to turn hockey on.

Reminds of a joke.

Not original. I know.

This reminds me of a TRUE story---a couple of years ago-when we lived in Raleigh instead of Myrtle Beach-and were STH, my husband fell in the back yard and broke his leg---we went to ER, had the leg set and casted and were at the hockey game that night.....M ;) y Mother still says to me-how could you have been so MEAN to Jim---he broke his leg and you still made him go to that hockey game.....non believers just dont understand do they????

I watch here in CB in front of my 60 inch flat screen. I like not having to drive after a game. ;)

If we do go to 7, I might go join some friends who go to a place called the blackhorne. If there turns out to be a 7, pm me and I will tell you where it is. I will be the only one in a jersey. ;)

This reminds me of a TRUE story---a couple of years ago-when we lived in Raleigh instead of Myrtle Beach-and were STH, my husband fell in the back yard and broke his leg---we went to ER, had the leg set and casted and were at the hockey game that night.....M ;) y Mother still says to me-how could you have been so MEAN to Jim---he broke his leg and you still made him go to that hockey game.....non believers just dont understand do they????

SO a Similar story that many Mods and old timers on the Board here will remember.... My Dad had a heart attack and required Quad Bypass during the Eastern Conf and SC finals in 06. We have picts of him in the Intensive Care with his Jwill Jersey on laying on his chest watching the game. He couldn't put it on because of the tubes and stuff so we laid it on top of his Gown. So my son Dad and myself are sitting there and the Canes are having a tough time in an away game and the Nurse pops in from her station and says she is going to have to turn the game off because my dads monitors (heart, pulse etc...) are going APE____.

My dad says something like you ain't turning the TV off but I can pull these leads off this machine so you can go back to your desk now...

Next Home Game my son and I went over to visit Dad before leaving to go to RBC and after I left his room I stopped by the Nurses station (Different Staff that night)to let her know that if she got some troubling reading from my Dads room that she should just turn the machine off and not go in there... and She says "I have already been briefed about your Dad and if the Canes are losing I don't want to go in there anyway!!!!!"

That my friends is dedication!