The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

New Jerseys for next year

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/nbbruin26/caps.jpg' target="_blank">New Jersey[/post]

Love the logo. The colors could have been better, though it'll make Ovechkin feel right at home with the Russian Red.

Those are very similar to the original Caps uniforms when the came into the league. A semi-throwback but with some slight alterations and the same colors. Still better than the one they have been wearing.

The logo looks good. The design doesn't.

I hate to say it, but lot of jerseys are probably going to look like that with the new material. Most of us hate that and overall like the designs of them now, but Bettman doesn't care enough about the existing fans' opinions to not push forward with his plans to have teams to come up with "sleeker" designs.

I also just found these on a couple of other boards. These look official to me.

Away:

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/6592/newaway1sg5.jpg[/post]

Home:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3333/newhome1re4.jpg

I have heard they will unveil them at draft on the 22 so we will see.

now i really like those. i might have to get an Ovechkin or Kolzig

I also just found these on a couple of other boards. These look official to me.

Away:

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/6592/newaway1sg5.jpg[/post]

Home:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3333/newhome1re4.jpg

I have heard they will unveil them at draft on the 22 so we will see.

I'm almost positive those are a photoshopped version of what someone thought they might look like. If you notice, the star in the logo is identical in dimensions and angles to the Dallas Stars' logo. Also, the league has stated many times that the all-star game design will not be used by any teams. That version is the all-star design (stars under the armpit on down to the waist). Finally, you can see places between the red and the blue that are still white. The one originally posted by IceFrog looks fairly official. I'm loving the logo, but it's positioned too highly for my liking. The rest of the jersey's just too... blah as far as I can tell. There's like nothing else but red!

But seriously. They've outdone themselves with that logo.

I hate to say it, but lot of jerseys are probably going to look like that with the new material. Most of us hate that and overall like the designs of them now, but Bettman doesn't care enough about the existing fans' opinions to not push forward with his plans to have teams to come up with "sleeker" designs.

Didn't the players say they liked the new jersey's better? I thought the NHLPA signed off on these. Am I wrong?

Didn't the players say they liked the new jersey's better? I thought the NHLPA signed off on these. Am I wrong?

IIRC, the players asked for a few changes to be made to the jerseys. http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/sports/story.html?id=82bdefcd-ca19-4c92-b604-9f5d1178b513' target="_blank">One of the teams testing them out, the Sharks, *really* did not like the new duds...[/post]

As for the Craps' new jerseys...yuck. I, for one, liked the blue, gold, and black (Brown?! Huh?!). Then again, I also like the Coyotes' old green and maroon, and the Ducks' old eggplant and teal more than their current colors...so what the heck do I know?

Hmm I like the look of the new jersey. The flying eagle wasn't really that appealing to me. The fit for the new jerseys were used for the All-Star jerseys right? Personally...I really liked them. I can understand about not wanting opposing teams to see where your equipment ends, but don't they already have an idea of where it ends to begin with?

Had this given to me from another board. Now these I like:

Capsnewjerseys.jpg

You mean the ones on the first page?

The ones that were assumed to be fake due to their similarities to the All-Star jerseys? :P

Capsnewjerseys.jpg

The ones that were assumed to be fake due to their similarities to the All-Star jerseys? :P

Yes, LOL, that's exactly what I meant. How I missed that I'll never know. I do still like them though.

Capsnewjerseys.jpg

Yes, LOL, that's exactly what I meant. How I missed that I'll never know. I do still like them though.