The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

New Jerseys for next year

IMHO, most of the new jerseys (except Boston and Washington) are complete crap. I don't understand the Canucks jerseys/logo either. Why silver in the logo, but no silver on the jersey? And why green on the jersey, but no green in the logo? It's madness, I tell you. Hopefully the Leafs stick to their history too and don't do anything crazy today.

The only way that Slug jersey was going to improve IMO, was if they went back the the retro logo. Hard to believe but it actually looks worse than last seasons.

It looks kind of droopy, or maybe Brian Campell just does, LOL.

j/k- no ugly pm's from sabre fans please.

The only way that Slug jersey was going to improve IMO, was if they went back the the retro logo. Hard to believe but it actually looks worse than last seasons.

The new Avs jerseys make me want to kill myself. They've gone from the best jerseys in the league to some of the worst. :(

Sorry Avaholic but I don't think they look thaaaaat bad, looks like the Make Beliefs kept there's exactly the same (was hoping they'd go to the old Leaf). But it's cool you're safe, the title of worst logo still belongs to Buffalo. (was secretly hoping they'd go back to their old logo as well :( )

LOL. When I saw that picture in the Buffalo News this morning I thought, "wow, he looks awkward." But then again, he's pretty much goofy looking all the time so it might not be the jersey...although the slug might not help. haha

In the article from the paper, he talks about how he thinks it's nice that Sabres fans don't have to worry about buying new jerseys since they basically look the same. It was kind of endearing the way he said it. Although I would rather have to buy a new jersey...you know, one with a different logo. lol ;)

I hope to god that they do! I'm still so on the fence about the slug. I mean, I definitely am not a fan, but I really want to like it because it's my teams logo right now. Not to mention, I want a Tallinder jersey, and since I already bought a Miller retro this past season I kind of don't want to buy the same one. But I can't bring myself to spend all that money on a slug...ack.

If the ice bowl ever actually ends up taking place, I'm hoping they'll pull out the retros again. I mean, it IS outside afterall, and how cool would it be to see both teams in their old vintage unis? Maybe the Sabres will even wear the WHITE ones! *sigh*

The rest of the yet to be unveiled jerseys are now out, thanks to EA sports.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhllogos/EASportsNHL08Gallery

Nothing really sticks out to me, except we now know that Dallas is another of the Final Five (teams that will have numbers on the front).

Buffalo

Islanders

Tampa Bay

Dallas

?

No idea what the last team is since those are all blanks. Any guesses?

Out of curiosity, now that all the jerseys have been shown, thought we might sum this up by seeing which ones people rate as best & worst, etc. Mine are:

Best: Boston

Worst: Edmonton

Biggest upgrade: Washington

Biggest downgrage: Colorado

I exempted teams like Anaheim and Montreal that basically didn't change anything. I separated the upgrade and downgrade categories because, in those cases, Boston's last jerseys were pretty good and the new one's are great while the Caps last one's were ok (the white one) and bad (the black one), so their new ones are a big step up. Likewise the Oil's last jerseys were just ok but the new ones are the worst, while Colorado's old ones were great and the new ones are crap.

Out of curiosity, now that all the jerseys have been shown, thought we might sum this up by seeing which ones people rate as best & worst, etc. Mine are:

Best: Boston

Worst: Edmonton

Biggest upgrade: Washington

Biggest downgrage: Colorado

I exempted teams like Anaheim and Montreal that basically didn't change anything. I separated the upgrade and downgrade categories because, in those cases, Boston's last jerseys were pretty good and the new one's are great while the Caps last one's were ok (the white one) and bad (the black one), so their new ones are a big step up. Likewise the Oil's last jerseys were just ok but the new ones are the worst, while Colorado's old ones were great and the new ones are crap.

How true it is... :(

I seriously hope that this whole Reebok template thing ends next year when teams design their own third jerseys... that is, unless "RBK" does it for them... :angry:

The Sharks are indeed the last team who will have numbers on the front of their jerseys. You can see them in the pictures from the games last night.

I for one hope that this trend doesn't grow any more than it has. The front of the jersey should represent the team and the back represents the individual.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care for the new Washington jersey/logo? :unsure:

I realize that a "Capital" is not the most exciting or distinct thing in the world, but surely having an actual picture for a logo couldn't hurt, could it? I'm sorry, but every time I see that jersey, all I see is virtually a paragraph with a hockey stick thrown in. :blink: Whenever you see a shrunken version of their logo crammed into a tiny pixelated rectangle (such as looking at a score on a website or something), it then begins to remind me of an eye chart, testing my ability to try and distinguish each letter...

Bottom line - if I have to READ your logo, and it takes up more than one line, something about that bugs me. :lol: I'm from the backwards picture/few-letters logo age, I suppose.

Not that I don't like reading, I just feel that the name on the back of your jersey should do it. :P

Sorry, but I had to vent this somewhere - that jersey's been bugging me for a while now!

Having finally seen every team's jersey, i make the following judgements...

Best New Jersey- Carolina. Simplistic, nothing fancy added, just looks more sharp.

Worst New Jersey- Vancouver. Too much everything. Just... bad.

and the "You've got to be joking, right?" award goes to- The New York Islanders... Terrible, looks like somebody through up a violent spew of orange, blue and white all over a jersey and put a crummy logo on it.

Yes, you're the only one dr. phil.

The canes jersey is too busy, too red and black (horrible color combo), and the logo does looks like a toilet bowl flushing. That's part of why the canes never really won me over.

Looking forward to when the Canes 3rd jersey is introduced for the 2008-2009 season. I will wait and purchase that one, just have to figure out which player I want? I am going to start putting money back for it next month.

Yes, you're the only one dr. phil.

The canes jersey is too busy, too red and black (horrible color combo), and the logo does looks like a toilet bowl flushing. That's part of why the canes never really won me over.

Too busy in what way? It's about as simple as you can get.

And I dislike the Caps jersey as well, Dr. Phil. Their old logo was better, but they've got to get some new colors. I get it, red, white and blue. Original. No, really. <_<

Too busy in what way? It's about as simple as you can get.

And I dislike the Caps jersey as well, Dr. Phil. Their old logo was better, but they've got to get some new colors. I get it, red, white and blue. Original. No, really. <_<

The cane's jersey is busy, just look at the bottom part. The real offender is the storm flags, a nice meaningful part of the jersey, but it is admitidly busy. It's not the biggest offender in the league, but the extra piping added this year just made it busier. Thankfully the canes avoided all the sleeve shanagains that the league has going on this year. Hopefully the third jersey's will be a bit simpler.