The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

New Jerseys for next year

I don't know about you guys, but half of these new sweaters (if you can call them that) make me cringe. Boston's looks really nice, and the Caps have a decent one too, but the Isles, Blue Jackets, and LA's just look disgusting to me. When does the contract with Reebok end? They're ruining this league's jerseys... not that the league doesn't have other problems, but that's a story for another thread.

I don't know about you guys, but half of these new sweaters (if you can call them that) make me cringe. Boston's looks really nice, and the Caps have a decent one too, but the Isles, Blue Jackets, and LA's just look disgusting to me. When does the contract with Reebok end? They're ruining this league's jerseys... not that the league doesn't have other problems, but that's a story for another thread.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that.

1. I'll wait to make a call on the Islander's jersey until I see an official photo. For all we know that rack was full of test designs and someone took a picture of the worst one they had.

2. LA's jersey's are nearly identical to the old ones, and they didn't get any uglier.

3. But most importantly how can you dislike the Blue Jackets new duds? Those are great, especially when compared to their old ones. Plus I dig the http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/ColumbusBlueJacketsAlternate.png' target="_blank">shoulder patch[/post] that actually indicates what their name means is fantastic (though I suppose you could argue letting a team be named after one of the sides in the Civil War might not be the brightest idea). At least the bug is gone.

I don't understand why the NHL hasn't released ALL the jersey's to the general public now. Do they not want people to start purchasing the new jerseys during the offseason so they can wear them to the home opener?

I don't understand why the NHL hasn't released ALL the jersey's to the general public now. Do they not want people to start purchasing the new jerseys during the offseason so they can wear them to the home opener?

Cause that would make perfect sense.

Cause that would make perfect sense.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that.

1. I'll wait to make a call on the Islander's jersey until I see an official photo. For all we know that rack was full of test designs and someone took a picture of the worst one they had.

2. LA's jersey's are nearly identical to the old ones, and they didn't get any uglier.

3. But most importantly how can you dislike the Blue Jackets new duds? Those are great, especially when compared to their old ones. Plus I dig the shoulder patch that actually indicates what their name means is fantastic (though I suppose you could argue letting a team be named after one of the sides in the Civil War might not be the brightest idea). At least the bug is gone.

1. You may be right. I hope they look better than that when the season starts.

2. Maybe it's just because I never liked the black & purple Kings jerseys, and the new one isn't really a step in the right direction in my opinion.

3. I don't know, but the new Columbus logo just doesn't do anything for me and the rest of the jersey is only OK. I guess I don't mind it as much as the first two and maybe it'll grow on me, but it just didn't make much of an impression on me the first time I saw it. Then again, it's no worse than their old one. The shoulder patch is a little plain, but still decent.

San Jose and Tampa Bays logos are an improvement over their old ones, I like them better. The Bruins and Blue jackets ones are good, but if the capitals changed the underarm patch it would look better.

I have hated Tampa's logo from day one. I hate that circle...why can't they get rid of that? They could have one of the best logo's yet have the worst.

I think Tampa still has the worst logo in the league, but at least its an improvement.
I like the old Tampa Bolt. I know it's not the best looking jersey, but it could be worse. I actually rather have the old Tampa logo back because i don't like the new text or the "improved" Lightning. I know i'll adjust to it, but i still don't see the point of changing the logo in the first place.

wingsreden9.jpg

Wings new jersey.

Gah, I can't stand those tags on the fronts of the jersey with the sizes. I never really cared for the detroit jersey but now it just seems more bland without the striping.

I agree. I thought their jersey was mediocre as it was. San Jose,Tampa Bay and Boston look at least somewhat better. As for the rest,they don't look impressive.

On a side note: Tampa Bay's new logo looks more like Flash Gordon's lighting bolt.

flash_gordon_red.jpg

boltsti2.jpg

Well I would say that since I like Flash. Anyway it looks like it to me since its sharper I guess.

PS: I know that it looks a little different than Flash Gordon's logo AND its only a lighting bolt :rolleyes: