The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

New Jerseys for next year

I think Tampa still has the worst logo in the league, but at least its an improvement.

Sorry, there is one logo that is much worse:

newsabres.png

It seriouslly looks like our logo was designed by a 4th grader in art class.

Yeah sorry I guess, I personally love their old style 80's jerseys that they use as alternates. Would you Sabres fans venture to say that there could be a movement to change them back to that?

I don't understand why the NHL hasn't released ALL the jersey's to the general public now. Do they not want people to start purchasing the new jerseys during the offseason so they can wear them to the home opener?

Cause that would make perfect sense.

Why would the NHL make sense :lol:

Their TV contact is on Versus and I know a lot of people around here who like hockey and cant get it :blink:

So this just follows their moronic pattern.

I wish these were our new uniforms.

hybrid_ryan.jpg

They should be, looks infinately better than the slug. Heck id be tempted to buy one just to have one lol (*looks around ot make sure no one clubs him*) :P

*lifts up a club*

Those definitely look a lot better than the Buffaslug. In fact, I'd go on to say the jersey pictured is one of the best looking jerseys in the NHL. They took a step in the right direction when they got rid of the red and black jerseys, there are too many with that color anyway. The jersey in that picture is just classic hockey.

Yeah man that's real nice, I just never understood why owners blatenly ignore the wants of the fans. I mean I'm not from Buffalo or really know any of their fans but from what I've seen around the internet the majority seem to want their classic look back, but they are ignored. And now you have a bannana/worm for a logo. It's just frustrating

blackhawksjersey.jpg

BlackHawks jersey.

This so far is the only one that I like =)

This and Boston are the only ones that look good so far....

As long as the Canes jerseys look good, that's all I care about.

blackhawksjersey.jpg

BlackHawks jersey.

This so far is the only one that I like =)

This and Boston are the only ones that look good so far....

As long as the Canes jerseys look good, that's all I care about.

you guys have not seen the canes jersey yet? check out this website

http://onveutlacoupe.blogspot.com/2007/06/presenting-your-2007-2008-nhl-uniforms.html' target="_blank">http://onveutlacoupe.blogspot.com/2007/06/...l-uniforms.html[/post]

that hawks jersey is totally photoshop and not real btw

I gotta say, I actually don't really like that rendered Sabres jersey. haha

I don't think that particular "B" sword logo works with that particular jersey. That style doesn't go with the lettering, it seems to mish-mashed to me. I don't know, that's just me. I think that "B" is too fancy/swirly for that jersey. I like it, but not with that jersey style.

I dunno, I'm just weird I guess. I think it's also because it's the white jersey, I would probably like it a lot more on the blue jersey, mainly because I just hate how the vertical striping is on the white jerseys.

For a while I thought I had warmed up the the "slug" like a lot of people say they have, but then I realized that it's just because I've seen it so much now that I'm used to it. I still hate it and I still don't want to buy a jersey with it, and I still avoid buying items with the slug prominantly featured on them. Which is really frustrating right now, because I really want to buy a Tallinder jersey but I can't bring myself to spend all that money on a slug. I would just get the retro blue alternate jersey, but I already bought one of those with Miller (and I love it to death), and I would rather buy a different jersey. I suppose I could get an old black one somehow, but I kinda want it to be blue and gold. What a predicament. haha *sigh*

Here's a pretty good blog site that's keeping track of the new jersey unveilings and logos. Very comprehensive and informative.

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/''>http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/' target="_blank">http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/[/post]

There's also a tournament of logos going on and so far the Canes' logo is 10-1. :lol:

Make that 11-1

the Canes swept the Sabres logo... :D

Here's a pretty good blog site that's keeping track of the new jersey unveilings and logos. Very comprehensive and informative.

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/

There's also a tournament of logos going on and so far the Canes' logo is 10-1. :lol:

Make that 11-1

the Canes swept the Sabres logo... :D

I can't give too much credence to a blog that rates the ugly Buffalo Banana Slug over the classic Bruins "B." He also has the Blackhawks as one of the worse logos in the NHL. That guy need to pull his head out of his hind end.

It's not rated on pure aesthetics. The power of the nickname itself and how much the logo actually relates to the city or region also goes into consideration. A bit unconventional, but those are the criteria he chooses to use. A lot of the classic logos lose out because they either spell out the name of the team and city or they simply don't provide any discernable relevance to the region.

That mock up someone made of a Thrasher jersey looks awesome. Much better than the original.

Hey, what ever you're one, can I get some??? :-)

Whatever I'm what??? ;)

You don't think these look pretty good? I like this logo better than the real one that looks like....I'm not exactly sure.

thrashersblue.pngthrasherswhite.png

That mock up someone made of a Thrasher jersey looks awesome. Much better than the original.

Hey, what ever you're one, can I get some??? :-)

Whatever I'm what??? ;)

You don't think these look pretty good? I like this logo better than the real one that looks like....I'm not exactly sure.

thrashersblue.pngthrasherswhite.png