The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

New Jerseys for next year

Yeah it does looks like a rip off of the Ravens logo, I guess atleast the Trashers aren't changing their already hideous jerseys to Purple and black.

I don't know I've seen a lot of fans on that site pushing the whole putting the players number on the front of their jersey concept. I for one don't like it, it makes the jersey look too cluttered, and if you make the stanley cup where do you put the patch? On the shoulder like the Rangers did in '94?

That mock up someone made of a Thrasher jersey looks awesome. Much better than the original.

Hey, what ever you're one, can I get some??? :-)

Whatever I'm what??? ;)

You don't think these look pretty good? I like this logo better than the real one that looks like....I'm not exactly sure.

thrashersblue.pngthrasherswhite.png

That logo looks pretty much the same as a re-colored version of their current logo's head, which I believe is located on the team's shorts.

I still like this logo the best:

100px-Atlanta-alternate.gif

You guys had me curious so I did a little research. Now I actually know what the current Thrasher logo is. A brown Thrasher bird holding a hockey stick in a blue shield (I'm not making this up), created by Ted Turner cause the bird is smooth, fast and sleek. Kinda like a hockey player?

Atlanta Thrashers (current)

ATL_17.gif

Atlanta Falcons (I don't see how they're alike at all, except for the bird-head thing)

ATL_299.gif

You guys had me curious so I did a little research. Now I actually know what the current Thrasher logo is. A brown Thrasher bird holding a hockey stick in a blue shield (I'm not making this up), created by Ted Turner cause the bird is smooth, fast and sleek. Kinda like a hockey player?

Atlanta Thrashers (current)

ATL_17.gif

Atlanta Falcons (I don't see how they're alike at all, except for the bird-head thing)

ATL_299.gif

That mock up someone made of a Thrasher jersey looks awesome. Much better than the original.

Whatever I'm what??? ;)

You don't think these look pretty good? I like this logo better than the real one that looks like....I'm not exactly sure.

One word, SHANK! The ATL jerseys are a complete ripoff of the Niagara University Purple Eagles Hockey team. Colors are different but a complete steal of their jerseys/logo.

One word, SHANK! The ATL jerseys are a complete ripoff of the Niagara University Purple Eagles Hockey team. Colors are different but a complete steal of their jerseys/logo.

You did read the part about those being concept art from an Atlanta fan, right?

carolinahurricanes3sj6.png

A Fan concept of a third Canes jersey. Not bad. Didn't JR say our third would look something like that anyway?

Only things I'd change are to have white numbers instead of red and to get ride of the storm flags on the pants. Otherwise they look great, except they'll probably have the white piping along the shoulders like our primary ones.

Edit: Here's the link to it if the image doesn't work for you.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RrjXbd...ricanes3sj6.png

carolinahurricanes3sj6.png

A Fan concept of a third Canes jersey. Not bad. Didn't JR say our third would look something like that anyway?

Only things I'd change are to have white numbers instead of red and to get ride of the storm flags on the pants. Otherwise they look great, except they'll probably have the white piping along the shoulders like our primary ones.

Edit: Here's the link to it if the image doesn't work for you.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RrjXbdB0Y8I/AAAAAAAABAw/YhZlalWhTgQ/s1600-h/carolinahurricanes3sj6.png' target="_blank">http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RrjXbd...ricanes3sj6.png[/post]

That's a pretty sweet looking jersey. I wouldn't mind seeing our guys out their in black with the alternate logo. It would make them look more intimidating than they do in our regular jerseys. Not that they don't look intimidating enough already. ;)

I like that I would have design something a bit different though maybe with like the state with the hurricane logo coming threw it or something like that would look neat. I'll draw something and post it later after I finish it.

Whatever I'm what??? ;)

They look more like the Baltimore Ravens logo.

New Isles jersey

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=336012' target="_blank">http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=336012[/post]

I think someone posted a fuzzy picture of these earlier, yuuuuuuuuck

Lose the numbers on the front and they're not bad.

Interesting to note the article on the Isles website says there will be 4 other teams with the numbers on the front. If the Slugs are one, wonder who the other 3 are.

I don't why teams still want to put numbers on the front, especially on the left breast. Is no one informing the designers that that is where they put the Stanley Cup Final patch for when a team makes it to the Finals? Besides, the front of the jersey should represent the TEAM while the back shows the individual. That's something that's separated hockey from other major sport leagues. Would be a shame to lose that.

Also, in related news, the Red Wings have to move the "C" and "A"s to the left breast because the tip of the wing rises too high and doesn't accommodate the letters. I suppose they'll have a similar problem, but lucky for them they don't have any designs on the shoulder, so they could conceivably move them there.

I don't why teams still want to put numbers on the front...

The argument we got (Sabres fans) when the slug was unveiled was that it is an attempt to make it easier for casual fans to follow the action easier. The idea is that with a number on the front you can tell who has the puck.

I don't buy it, but that is the reason.

I don't why teams still want to put numbers on the front...

The argument we got (Sabres fans) when the slug was unveiled was that it is an attempt to make it easier for casual fans to follow the action easier. The idea is that with a number on the front you can tell who has the puck.

I don't buy it, but that is the reason.

Me neither. Those numbers are so small, the only people who might be able to read them are those in the lower bowl. They're useless to people up high or watching to tv. And they look stupid.