The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

New Jerseys for next year

I don't why teams still want to put numbers on the front...

The argument we got (Sabres fans) when the slug was unveiled was that it is an attempt to make it easier for casual fans to follow the action easier. The idea is that with a number on the front you can tell who has the puck.

I don't buy it, but that is the reason.

Me neither. Those numbers are so small, the only people who might be able to read them are those in the lower bowl. They're useless to people up high or watching to tv. And they look stupid.

|

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one but I like the # on the front. Looks more official.

I don't why teams still want to put numbers on the front...

The argument we got (Sabres fans) when the slug was unveiled was that it is an attempt to make it easier for casual fans to follow the action easier. The idea is that with a number on the front you can tell who has the puck.

I don't buy it, but that is the reason.

Me neither. Those numbers are so small, the only people who might be able to read them are those in the lower bowl. They're useless to people up high or watching to tv. And they look stupid.

|

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one but I like the # on the front. Looks more official.

Lose the numbers on the front, makes the jersey look more cluttered than it already does and well just plain ugly. I just wish people would take the old addage 'Keep it simple stupid' to heart sometimes

I actually don't remember hearing anything about the front numbers being for casual fans. All I remember hearing was that it would be easier for the refs, but that doesn't have anything to do with marketing.

Poor Sens! It looks like their mommies shrunk their shirts, and those white leggings look like leg casts after the Mafia team has been swinging its sticks a little too enthusiastically.

I miss the illusion of size and power that the previous jersey style gave to the wearer. Hockey players are not the same size as some football players, but their sport is as physical and just as dangerous. The old sweaters and their bagginess gave the players the illusion of size. Now we just have Men In Shorts & Shirts. Oh well. Time marches on...

All of the women's jerseys are the same, meaning they use the same basic template for every team. Every team has the same design, with the pink line around the shoulders. They give no indication of what the real jerseys look like.

New Lightning jerseys (actually unveiled today, not last night):

lightningjerseysmr3.jpg

Huge upgrade, in my opinion.

The Lightning's away jerseys will feature numbers on the front as well. So, another of the Final Five are revealed.

Buffalo

Islanders

Tampa Bay

?

?

The list of teams that won't have to worry about the SC Finals anytime in the near future grows. ;)