The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pucknstick

Bill Burr

Relax! The guy is a comedian, it even says so, right below his name! They needed someone to write the obligatory "Hockey, Southern Style" article laced with canned template references about ignorant redneck fans still stuck in 1864 or something, tobacco/cotton farms, livestock, NASCAR, Andy Griffith Show, Deliverance, and whatever else.. and this guy drew the shortest straw... whatever...

Super *edit*. I love the comments though.

"Yes in the south we have pig pickens, we like Nascar, and we have southern accents, but in the north you like chowder, you like lacrosse, and you have funny accents too. We come from different areas, but we both like hockey, and both just want to enjoy the game. There is no room for articles like yours on nhl.com or any website. You and NHL.com should be ashamed of you article and what it stands for."

"Great comedians are something to behold when it comes to their routine

Super *edit*. I love the comments though.

"Yes in the south we have pig pickens, we like Nascar, and we have southern accents, but in the north you like chowder, you like lacrosse, and you have funny accents too. We come from different areas, but we both like hockey, and both just want to enjoy the game. There is no room for articles like yours on nhl.com or any website. You and NHL.com should be ashamed of you article and what it stands for."

"Great comedians are something to behold when it comes to their routine

I read this guys 'humor' the other day but chose not to share it because I did not want this guy to receive any further attention. I guess I can call myself a comedian also, if this is all the guy has got.

I will be one of 18,000 screaming my heart out for the guys tonight to show the rest of the hockey world that we are serious about our hockey.

I don't care... Bill Burr gains immunity from me on this one due to his epic performances as co-host of both the Racial Draft and the World Series of Dice on Chappelle's Show several years back.

So he makes some unfunny jokes about hockey in the south... meh.

Hey, he's a comedian. No big deal. I'm proud to be from the South. Everyone I've met who has moved here from "up yanda" loves it here. It does bother me the NHL site would put that up, but I'm over it, I reckon. So, I'm fixin' to go to another thread.

I don't care... Bill Burr gains immunity from me on this one due to his epic performances as co-host of both the Racial Draft and the World Series of Dice on Chappelle's Show several years back.

So he makes some unfunny jokes about hockey in the south... meh.

I absolutely forgot about that. You are right, that was some funny stuff right there!

The guy is a tool. Who cares what he says? He is clearly just another run-of-the-mill, ignorant, prejudicial moron who thinks we all sleep with our siblings, drink 'shine, and daydream about what if the civil war went the other way. All he is doing is perpetuating baseless and immature propaganda in what may appear to be some sort of inferiority complex, because there was absolutely no element of humor to be found in that textual human waste dump of an "article." Anyone who buys into the dribble that comes out of that fool's mouth is just as much of a fool as he is.

Next.

edit: props to the 14 year old girl who put him in his place lol

Well i guess you can see why he is writing about Hockey,,,his attemp @ "comedy" was worse that his story about Hockey!!

Well Billy Bob(as we say in the South LOL) is entitled to his opinion. Lets me say this tho, Ive watched NHL hockey since 1969, in particular the NY Rangers until 1999 when I discovered my new city and state had a NHL team.......Based on my expereince living in the North where they supposedly have far greater hockey intelligence as compared to anybody south of the Mason Dixon line, Ill Match Carolina Hurricane fans, arena, team and traditions with ANY NHL club in ANY city.

What Bill is alluding to, IMO in his article is that certain teams and regions are "entitled" to winning the Cup..period. We heard this same serenade of crying in 2006 from mostly Buffalo fans and later Edmonton fans (to a lesser degree)..........thats fine, again puts all the pressure on their players and fans.............we just sit back, have a few brews while tail gating (a NHL tradition we started along with the now famous standing for the entire game 7 which to my knowledge I never witnessed in ANY of those Northern areas or cities Burr mentions) and dont have to prove anything to anyone........

In other words.........i call it jealousy.

He said somewhere that he likes to irritate people, looks like he did his job on that. I've never heard of this guy and didn't find this funny. Just the same old tired stereotype on southern hockey fans.

Well i guess you can see why he is writing about Hockey,,,his attemp @ "comedy" was worse that his story about Hockey!!

Seriously the guy is a dumb *edit*...that is supposed to be funny?

Who cares if he's a comedian, this is almost as bad as that guy on Fox who (ironically) was also "joking" about the Canadian army in the Middle East. Talk about ignorance. I want my three minutes back.

Who cares if he's a comedian, this is almost as bad as that guy on Fox who (ironically) was also "joking" about the Canadian army in the Middle East. Talk about ignorance. I want my three minutes back.

Right.......

What gives me a headache isnt the article its how so many people can get so touchy over stupid stuff.

Geez oh pete, get over it. Another topic that gave me a headache was ONE GUY said the RBC wasnt that loud and we got fans crying as if everyone in the world is supposed to bow down and respect us.

Get the heck over it...

Canada has an Army?