The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
spiz

Nickname for Jussi Jokinen

I think he'll be called "the former Cane" who scored with 0.2 seconds left against NJ" after this season. I just don't see how we can keep him... We need to re-sign Ruutu and Cole and LaRose, and we have Sutter, Bowman and Boychuk waiting around. Jussi seems like a nice guy but I don't think he's done enough (one play isn't enough) to hang around here in Carolina.

If you are trying to go J.J., how about J.J. Walker.

Kid Dy-No-Mite

I think he'll be called "the former Cane" who scored with 0.2 seconds left against NJ" after this season. I just don't see how we can keep him... We need to re-sign Ruutu and Cole and LaRose, and we have Sutter, Bowman and Boychuk waiting around. Jussi seems like a nice guy but I don't think he's done enough (one play isn't enough) to hang around here in Carolina.

Who let you into this party? Talk about your wet blanket.

Seriously, he's a restricted free agent which means we will probably have him next year.

live in the now, dude. :huh:

Somewhat related, how do we refer to Jussi's goal in the future? We already have The Molson Miracle, and Wallin's OT winner against NJ (do we have a name for that?), now we need a name for this.

After listening to Forslund's call of the goal, he said "miracle finish," so I nominate The Miracle Finnish. Thoughts?

After NJ tied it up, they were talking about the "Raleigh Miracle" if NJ had gone on to win, same as we returned from the depths in the "Molson Miracle", but since we won to make it even more miraculous, I'm not sure what we should call it. How about "The Longest Two Milliseconds of All Time"?

For Jussi, how about "The Joker"... since he's no longer "Jokinen" around.... (yes, I know thats terrible)... Hey Marty... WHY SO SERIOUS?

After NJ tied it up, they were talking about the "Raleigh Miracle" if NJ had gone on to win, same as we returned from the depths in the "Molson Miracle", but since we won to make it even more miraculous, I'm not sure what we should call it. How about "The Longest Two Milliseconds of All Time"?

For Jussi, how about "The Joker"... since he's no longer "Jokinen" around.... (yes, I know thats terrible)... Hey Marty... WHY SO SERIOUS?

I have been calling him the Joker since he got here , In my mind he is kind of like a wildcard - can pair up with anyline. (and be effective)

Thinking that Jokinen needs a new nickname. The Exorcist! He truely killed the devils! :P Don't think many people in NJ will want to buy him a drink anytime soon. :lol:

After I got home from the game last night, my wife (who was at home watching) kept calling him"Super Jussy". Now normally I wouldn't have thought that was a crappy nickname, until she followed up with calling herself "Super Delicious". ;)

I told you he was Super Jussy!!!

There are two really good nicknames, the Exorcist and the Joker. Wish we could have had that quality when thinking of the line name for Staal, Cole, and Ruutu. Oh well.

Joker is very clever but may be confusing unless you know why he is called that. Therefore I go with The Exorcist!

I mentioned this in the PGA thread for game 7 but Jussi must feel like he hit the lottery. A few months ago, he was on the scrap heap in hockey hell (Tampa Bay), was put on waivers, nobody picked him up, and now he is a high contributor on a team making a run in the playoffs.

Earlier in the season, there was a thread about Raleigh being the Island of Misfit Toys. I'd say this looks more and more right all the time.

J.R. wins again.

His name is just fine as is. It's how it is called out!

In Game 6 he scored the 4th goal, and I watched the replay (NHL on the Fly). I think the Versus announcer is the Boston or Buffalo announcer. With a deep and somewhat raspy emphasis he says "JUSSI (and then pauses, and a little softer) Jokinen.

Makes it sound like an assasin with a deadly goal scored.

Nice.

Go away and never come back. :o

Juice is cool. Anything longer than two syllables is too long.