The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
spiz

Nickname for Jussi Jokinen

There are two really good nicknames, the Exorcist and the Joker. Wish we could have had that quality when thinking of the line name for Staal, Cole, and Ruutu. Oh well.

Joker is very clever but may be confusing unless you know why he is called that. Therefore I go with The Exorcist!

haha nice! my bf and i call Staal and Cole batman and robin...because when cole came back it was always the two of them for the goal and assist :)

I mentioned this in the PGA thread for game 7 but Jussi must feel like he hit the lottery. A few months ago, he was on the scrap heap in hockey hell (Tampa Bay), was put on waivers, nobody picked him up, and now he is a high contributor on a team making a run in the playoffs.

Earlier in the season, there was a thread about Raleigh being the Island of Misfit Toys. I'd say this looks more and more right all the time.

J.R. wins again.

In the postgame to last nights game 3 they asked Jussi about coming from Tampa and how excited he was to be traded to Carolina after being put on waivers. He had to pull a Ruutu, where they told him where he was going 15 minutes before the game started and he was like "I'm ready".

I just mentioned it in the PGA for Game3 vs Boston... but what a steal.. Melichar and Brookbank, two guys riding the pressbox (Melichar did see playing time with TB late in the season) and in return we get a guy who gives us depth on our fourth line (now third) and contributes in a HUGE way. Like you said.. JR Wins Again.

2 game winning goals and the crucial game seven game tying goal. I don't know if last night was Jussi's first "OT Playoff Winner" but Whitney retrieved the puck and gave it to him. So his team-mates recognize the importance of what he's doing.

As far as the name.. I like the Joker, that was my pick earlier in this thread. But I'm pretty sure when he scored last night Forslund called him "The Juice".. so I think that may be his name for now. LOL...

Oh, and he will not be a "former cane".. the way he has contributed in the playoffs, especially if we advance another round (which pushes the team into profits) he will get resigned.

I LOVE the taste of Crow! Holy cow. Now, I think Jussi is "self-funding" his spot on the team next year, since the fartehr into the playoffs he pushes us with his clutch play, the more $$$ we might have to make him an offer. I have NO problem recanting my statement below. Jussi = MONEY!

I think he'll be called "the former Cane" who scored with 0.2 seconds left against NJ" after this season. I just don't see how we can keep him... We need to re-sign Ruutu and Cole and LaRose, and we have Sutter, Bowman and Boychuk waiting around. Jussi seems like a nice guy but I don't think he's done enough (one play isn't enough) to hang around here in Carolina.

I LOVE the taste of Crow! Holy cow. Now, I think Jussi is "self-funding" his spot on the team next year, since the fartehr into the playoffs he pushes us with his clutch play, the more $$$ we might have to make him an offer. I have NO problem recanting my statement below. Jussi = MONEY!

Well, honestly your statement about his one play may be harsh. But yes you are indeed right we got alot of other priorities to sign. It may actually be hard to put together a fair offer for him depending on what it costs to keep Ruutu and Cole. Cole should take a paycut in my opinion, I think he needs to prove a bit more what he's worth cause so far this playoff he's invisible.

Ruutu is due a raise and Larose is going to get a small raise. I thought he was overpaid based on his previous performance and now I think he's paid the amount he deserves.

Probably in the early 90's, there was a skit on SNL called "Hub's Gyros". The catch phrase was "You lika the Juice". "Juice is good, no?". "I getcha more juice".

I can't find it on the web anywhere, but clips from that would be great to play after "The Juice" scores.

Now Jussi 'em. Now you don't!

Seriously, where's Chris Berman when you need him?

Chris Berman is too preoccupied with making all his Canes/Whaler references and finding anyway he can to ignore the fact that the Whalers arent the team playign right now.

Probably in the early 90's, there was a skit on SNL called "Hub's Gyros". The catch phrase was "You lika the Juice". "Juice is good, no?". "I getcha more juice".

I can't find it on the web anywhere, but clips from that would be great to play after "The Juice" scores.

This is one of the few clips I could find. Unfortunately no sound here in the training center, so I have no clue if this has what you're looking for:

http://vodpod.com/watch/1331301-hubs-gyros-google-video''>http://vodpod.com/watch/1331301-hubs-gyros-google-video' target="_blank">http://vodpod.com/watch/1331301-hubs-gyros-google-video[/post]

This is one of the few clips I could find. Unfortunately no sound here in the training center, so I have no clue if this has what you're looking for:

http://vodpod.com/watch/1331301-hubs-gyros-google-video''>http://vodpod.com/watch/1331301-hubs-gyros-google-video' target="_blank">http://vodpod.com/watch/1331301-hubs-gyros-google-video[/post]

That's the one. It may be one of the worst skits ever on SNL, but it would be great for "The Juice".

The juice is good.