The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Category5

City buses

Seeing lots of flags also. I love it. My GF, who lives in Garner, decked out her Jeep Cherokee with Canes slogans. If you see a black Cherokee that says "Honk 4 the Canes" you better honk!

Yea i saw all of the TTA buses have had go canes on them for the most part for the past 2 weeks or so.

We have been sporting the 2 car flags for about a month now. Only take them down in the rain!

Go Canes!

I noticed two of them today that had "Go Canes" in the changing display on the front (where they list the route). The signs kept flipping back and forth. Also, seeing lots of flags on cars.

My tradition, I invented while eating dinner one night, was in 2006 during the Cup run.....on my back window of my car I simply write the name of the city(using a nice white window chalk) and IF we beat them in a series I put a "check" next to their name.....so in 2006 I had Montreal followed by a check, New Jersey followed by a check, Buffalo followed by a BIG check and lastly Edmonton follwed by a check.......so far this year I have New Jersey followed by a check and Boston followed by, nothing.....yet.

Oddly, my car is a Mazda Miata with a not so big rear window.......LOL....cheers! :huh::blink:

My tradition, I invented while eating dinner one night, was in 2006 during the Cup run.....on my back window of my car I simply write the name of the city(using a nice white window chalk) and IF we beat them in a series I put a "check" next to their name.....so in 2006 I had Montreal followed by a check, New Jersey followed by a check, Buffalo followed by a BIG check and lastly Edmonton follwed by a check.......so far this year I have New Jersey followed by a check and Boston followed by, nothing.....yet.

Oddly, my car is a Mazda Miata with a not so big rear window.......LOL....cheers! :huh::blink:

Hmmmm, my wheels are turning in my head and may have to steal/borrow your tradition from you.

I've got too many traditions and superstitions to keep track of. My outfit, unwashed since round 1 game 1, a simple white tee and red gym shorts and my Rebok 'Canes hat will get them through the finals. Trust me. Last night they started out playing like hell. I turned my hat so the brim faced forward and they rolled the rest of the game.

Chi. Karma. Mojo. Kwan. Call it what you will, but it makes me feel like I'm doing my part to help the team.

(Don't tell me otherwise.)

MIne stay up in the rain!

yea, we tried that one night on the way to a game and it killed the acceleration on the highway having 2 rain soaked flags holding us back.

Still had the magnets, license plates, stickers etc to show support though!

Hmmmm, my wheels are turning in my head and may have to steal/borrow your tradition from you.

Thats OK....I havent patented it.......in 2006 I got a few honks here and there and esepcially pulling into the RBC.......again, I always respected the team we were curently playing and never game them a "check" until we beat them.......good luck..maybe Ill see on the roads around North Raleigh...........cheers

Since this relates to transportation, I thought I'd post it. My sister lives in Boone and has her horse, aptly named Hurricane, decked out in Hurricanes gear. He's quite a sight-whether he's hanging out in the fields or trotting down the road-with a flag for a saddle pad and luggage tags hanging from the saddle and harness.

My sister lives in Boone and has her horse, aptly named Hurricane, decked out in Hurricanes gear

was at the dog park the other day and someone brought a lab puppy named Stormy

We have an eight month old Cocker Spaniel named Wizard. My wife's favorite player and she named the dog. Any chance there's a connection there?

Thats OK....I havent patented it.......in 2006 I got a few honks here and there and esepcially pulling into the RBC.......again, I always respected the team we were curently playing and never game them a "check" until we beat them.......good luck..maybe Ill see on the roads around North Raleigh...........cheers

Woohoooo! I live by Crabtree area, but am out and about quite a bit...if I see you around, I will give you a honk! How does your stuff stay on in the rain, or does it?

I saw the bus this morning that had Go Canes on it. Fraking awesome.

I bought a flag at the beginning of the regular season and around the All-Star Break and decided best not to put another one up. Got one during the Jersey series and lost it. Bought another one 3 days ago and fraking lost it. It is my own fault I forget about the flag and roll down my windows. I bought a garden flag this morning before the practice. Might need to find a way to lose it.

For my clothing I wear my black Carolina Hurricanes shirt, my class ring, my watch, and I have a Regens lighter (like that on battlestar galactica) in my pocket. I'll be alerting the metal detector tomorrow night but it will be worth it.

Oh and I don't wear any Canes affiliated hats.

GO CANES GO

Sidebar: LaRose is going to get a goal tomorrow night to make up for Sunday.

Since this relates to transportation, I thought I'd post it. My sister lives in Boone and has her horse, aptly named Hurricane, decked out in Hurricanes gear. He's quite a sight-whether he's hanging out in the fields or trotting down the road-with a flag for a saddle pad and luggage tags hanging from the saddle and harness.

That is so awesome! This summer I'm going horse-hunting to find a good jumping horse for next year's show season. I've already got it named Cane or Tuomo/Jussi/Joni/Stanley... or anything that has to do with my favorite players. I'm even considering changing what ever the horse's name is to Hurricane Stanley. Knowing me, the best horse I'll find is a mare, so none of those names will really work. Or it can be a gender-confused horse...

I have 2 magnets, a window puck, and 2 stickers on my car. My flags can only go up when I go to the game, but I stick two Go Canes Go signs in the windows when I'm parked. I even bought a jersey for my dog Gordie:

004-1.jpg

Woohoooo! I live by Crabtree area, but am out and about quite a bit...if I see you around, I will give you a honk! How does your stuff stay on in the rain, or does it?

The white window chalk does a pretty good job of staying on....even with last night torrential downpours it looks great....if I have to I just give it a second coat......washing it off is kind of messsy.......incidentally, Michaels and Targets are sold out of the white, however Wal mart near Briaer Creek in THE AUTOMOTIVE section has several tubes left...........good luck, cheers!

I laso fly my Hurricanes flag from the front porch and it stays up when and if they lose in the playoffs..........

My car flags have been up since the playoffs started, and I have no intention of taking them down anytime soon! Also, I have worn a Canes t-shirt to work, every single day, win or lose. I live in the small town of Dunn, which is about an hour SE of Raleigh, right on I-95. There is an Italian place here called Arthur's, and on its sign outside, it says GO CANES. The owner used to be a STH but now can't go to the games because the restaurant is only closed on Sunday. I told him how awesome that he's still supporting the team as best he can.

My car flags have been up since the playoffs started, and I have no intention of taking them down anytime soon! Also, I have worn a Canes t-shirt to work, every single day, win or lose. I live in the small town of Dunn, which is about an hour SE of Raleigh, right on I-95. There is an Italian place here called Arthur's, and on its sign outside, it says GO CANES. The owner used to be a STH but now can't go to the games because the restaurant is only closed on Sunday. I told him how awesome that he's still supporting the team as best he can.

Wow, awesome! Arthur's has some good pizza...one of my parents favorite places! I'll be in Dunn this weekend, I'll make sure to swing by and see the sign!

Btw I've seen the big sign on the office that you can see from 440, nice!