The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wdk05

Couldn't get tickets

Wow that sounds tough. Looks like I better plan on selling a kidney to get tickets if we go to the SCF.

Short notice airfare from Dusseldorf to Raleigh $2000

2 Tickets to any seats in the RBC $ max out the Visa

Canes in the SCF price less.

Wow that sounds tough. Looks like I better plan on selling a kidney to get tickets if we go to the SCF.

Short notice airfare from Dusseldorf to Raleigh $2000

2 Tickets to any seats in the RBC $ max out the Visa

Canes in the SCF price less.

I think I'd be watching that at home.

I think I'd be watching that at home.

it all boils down to what is important to you. I personally don't like spending the money but it is like this, how ofter does hockey's equivalent to the Super Bowl show up here? you have to seize the opportunity when it is here because you never know when it will return. Hasn't it been 30-40 years since Montreal's last cup run/win? and look at Buffalo, they have never made the finals!! I know some of those fans wouldn't settle for watching it at home, it is something you have to experience.

it all boils down to what is important to you. I personally don't like spending the money but it is like this, how ofter does hockey's equivalent to the Super Bowl show up here? you have to seize the opportunity when it is here because you never know when it will return. Hasn't it been 30-40 years since Montreal's last cup run/win? and look at Buffalo, they have never made the finals!! I know some of those fans wouldn't settle for watching it at home, it is something you have to experience.

I guess it's easy for me to say I'd watch it at home because I've experienced it first hand and, while it was amazing and even if you were somewhere in America it'd be worth the plane ticket price if you could get a ticket to the game, $2000 is a lot of money. But hey, if you've got it and you're up for it, I'd highly recommend it. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event and I've been to quite a few.

even the scalpers were having a hard time getting tickets.

First time since the SCF that I have been to a game where they were more ticket seekers than ticket sellers. Should the Canes make it to the Conference Finals I would imagine tickets to those game would sell out in a short manner.

While that's true to a very large extent, it's also about what you can physically afford. I literally wouldn't even have $2000 to be able to spend. :lol:

If we lived in Raleigh, I am sure we would 2nd mortgage the house for season tickets. But, just not feasable with our schedules and a 2 hour drive there. I was at the New Jersey game when Jussi scored with .02, and that was the loudest thing I have ever heard. My friend was at the game Friday and he said it was even louder. When the Cup finals come back to Raleigh this year, I don't know what we will do, but I am sure we will make the trip again, and if we don't get tix....you'll find us at the ale house...GO CANES!!

Well I could save on the airfare and just plan 10-15 days of leave back in the states and catch a space available hop on a C17 out of Ramstein or Spangdahelm to Charleston, Norfolk, Baltimore or Andrews AFB. But I would have to secure tickets the first day they go on sale.

A few corrections to be accurate:

- Montreal last won the Cup in 1993, a "short" 16 years ago. It is Toronto who has gone 40 years without a Cup, last winning in 1967 I believe

- Buffalo has been in the SCF twice: 1975 and 1999. Lost both times.

Clearly, it has been more fun to be a Canes fan this decade than either of those above.

some one get jammin a ticket..

I'd take any section to the SCF. I've been resting my voice for almost 2 years. I'll be good and loud. I'd bring some good german beer but I think customs would have a cow at me bringing 20 half liter bottles. That is at least one thing they have right here. Beer costs less then a coke or coffee in a restaurant.

I agree with caniac97 (it was bound to happen eventually ;) ). I'm pretty conservative with $$, especially with a baby on the way and another son heading off to college, but this is too rare an occurrence to pass up. I did 3 tix last round, 2 this one. Will probably do 2 if we keep going. We've gone from sideline premier to lower level north to probably balcony premier to keep price stable. We are also fortunate to be part of a group, as we are getting the STH rate and not paying convenience fees. I was told that as long as we keep buying once a round we will be able to get tix in subsequent rounds - I am hoping to put that to the test. :)

Try the box office. I searched at 4pm friday afternoon and i came up with 5 seats in the lower level availabe. That is sad that Canes fans can barley fill a stadium even in the playoffs.

Try the box office. I searched at 4pm friday afternoon and i came up with 5 seats in the lower level availabe. That is sad that Canes fans can barley fill a stadium even in the playoffs.

True on your first statement, but if you searched Friday at noon there were no lower level seats available. Standing room only was all that was available. Throughout the day on Friday the Canes and NHL release tickets that were reserved and then not needed. So depending on when you look, you can see different tickets for sale. After a few minutes they sell. The game was sold out. I saw at least 20 people outside trying to buy tickets. I'm sure you weren't there or you would know how packed and loud it really was. Then again I wouldn't want to be a Boston fan in your shoes either. Just do us a favor and stick to your boards. Go Canes. Lets win tonight!

You cant honestly think that the canes are the loudest in the NHL. I mean comon canadian ppl Live and breath hockey. Loudest in the South is a plausible statement.

You cant honestly think that the canes are the loudest in the NHL. I mean comon canadian ppl Live and breath hockey. Loudest in the South is a plausible statement.

I was born and raised in Canada, and there is a BIG difference, I have been to games in many arena's. Canadian fans are fans like most markets, But there is something different about the RBC Center, The acoustics are different and amplified. And it was the Media, outside our market that dubbed it as "The Loudest House in the NHL"

Mike Emerick a national commentator who travels to games in all arena's said on NHL Live the other day, How loud our fans were, he said the were rabid, like being part of the Gong Show. They are just crazy down there, One of our local reporters was sitting on a plane with two Boston fans heading back to Boston, and they commented how loud our building was.

Did you notice a couple of time during game 4 the players couldn't even hear the ref's blow the whistle during the game due to the loudness of the building, and I watched some of the NESN replay of game 4 and they were commenting how loud it was.

Come on down for a game we are consistintly in the 118-128 deciphil range,

And a PS

Don't forget your EARPLUGS, I have a friend who can't go to the game without them

Just saw this on the bruins board About tickets for game 5

Just got tickets for $45 a piece including all fees. Unbelievable how far the price has dropped. Guess a lot of people are giving up....I'll be there cheering loudly. The price drop has let us broke grad students (and die hard fans) back into market.