The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dlayersjr

Scott Walker

We watched the "slash" over and over again, and it looked like Jussi's stick hit the ice and not Chara's leg. I just didn't see anything to drop Chara like a 3 year old that fell off his tricycle.

Like I said in the GDT, at least Walker got his money's worth. This has been building all series long and I guess he had seen enough. It's unfortunate that Scotty will draw a suspension from this, but maybe the league will look at his past and not be too severe.

That's exactly what I saw as well. Jussi's stick went straight down to the ice. It did not move in a slashing movement in any way. Chara is either the biggest baby or the worst actor ever.

I hope Walker's suspension is short, for I fear a suspension will be coming.

Like I said in the GDT, at least Walker got his money's worth. This has been building all series long and I guess he had seen enough. It's unfortunate that Scotty will draw a suspension from this, but maybe the league will look at his past and not be too severe.

The league will start with his famous headbutt.

If Maurice said that I will never have another word to criticize him ever again. That gives him immunity in my book. Way to stand behind your team.

he did I was watching the NHL Network and he said that.

The league will start with his famous headbutt.

The headbutt of over a year ago. Scott Walker is known as a hard-nosed player, not dirty. He is a classic nhl player. In the new nhl.

Seriously, did A. Ward think Walks was going to kiss him and it would be a foot-popping kiss. He stood there like an oaf. I for one think Scottie did the right thing. I'm sorry A. Ward got his face broken, but had he manned up, that likely wouldn't have happened. You cross-check a "friend" twice in the face and then expect to skate away.. I don't think so.

Now, the NHL may not agree with me, but if you suspend Walker, Lucic MUST be out a game as well and that is a trade I would take. If A. Ward can't play, and Ward is suspended... That is a trade I take also.

Would be a well worth it suspension, if the refs aren't going to call a fair game x 5...yea even the games we won were poorly officiated then the players have to start protecting each other. What are we supposed to do sit around until it's our guy injured?

The guys kept thier cool in the first 4 games but those runs, those cheapshots...they mount up. I am surprised someone hasnt been injured on our team. That's about the only time the league cares though.

To the guys saying were better then that, I disagree your waiting on someone on our team to get hurt. I just have no interest in watching another cheapshot from the Bruins finally injure a Hurricane.

I would be really surprised to see Aaron not play in a playoff game with a broken orbital bone. Full cage and he's out there. Regular season he'd sit out but even Ladd was back rather quickly when he had his broke.

Walker should be suspended. More than one game? That would be extreme. Best case scenario for the Canes is if A. Ward is unable to play. I think Walker out for A. Ward out is a trade in the Canes favor for sure.

I think as long as his eyeball doesn't fall out, he'll be alright. I mean, really? Really? C'mon... Are they really trying to play this card? Really? You guys have done an excellent job highlighting the blatant missed calls in this series. And I'll tell you what, I have no faith in the NHL officiating system. Sorry if I rub someone's *edit* the wrong way but damn, it's about time someone stood up for this team. Way to go, Scott.

Couldn't agree with you more. We need MORE of this toughness. Ward has gotten away with all kinds of stuff over the years (even when he was a Cane) so if you are going to dish it you have to be able to take it!!

Way to go Scotty!

My main consern is that Scotty didn't hurt his hand!!!

A -Ward keep your face off Scotty's hand!!!

NO SUSPENSION

I would be really surprised to see Aaron not play in a playoff game with a broken orbital bone. Full cage and he's out there. Regular season he'd sit out but even Ladd was back rather quickly when he had his broke.

Ladd had surgery (via the inside of the mouth, OMG!) and was out about a 5 days.

Hard to say how this will play out, the league is pretty inconsistent with discipline. However, if Scotty gets a suspension, then Ovechkin should get one too for the knee-to-knee hit on Gonchar the other night. JMO. (yeah, that'll happen. not.)

As much as I like A Ward and his style of play...you've got to expect things like this to happen when you play that style.

I just can't believe he did not even try to defend him self?

Ladd had surgery (via the inside of the mouth, OMG!) and was out about a 5 days.

Well that was regular season right? Also via a cheapshot.

I think if it was playoffs he would have played unless he had the surgery the same day as the game. I expect if he needs surgery it would be done today...but well...I guess he wouldnt be cleared to fly in airplane after surgery so quick.

I dunno.. I think he could play.

If there is any displacement, he won't be playing.

I will first begin by saying the Bruins have been playing, at a minimum, some borderline dirty hockey. A couple of games ago Seids was punched in the back of the head while he was down and his head hit the ice. I believe it was Lucic. Chara has been punching people way after the play and while they are down.

I do think Jokinen slightly slashed Chara. I do not think it was that hard and Chara went down so hard and fast. Chara was just trying to draw a penalty, what an actor. I can't believe how many cheap shots Chara has gotten away with this series.

Aaron Ward- He has had some borderline cheap shots and he was trying to mix it up with Cullen after the whistle. Walker then came over and threw a punch. Ward was well aware of Walker's intentions and decided to just stand there and then Walker hit him really good. A bit overboard by Walker? Probably, but Ward knew something was coming from Walker and just decided to be a *edit* cat and sit there and draw a penalty and wait for Lucic to bail him out.

I hate Watson and I hope he is no where near the RBC Center when we beat the Bruins on Tuesday.

I do think Jokinen slightly slashed Chara. I do not think it was that hard and Chara went down so hard and fast. Chara was just trying to draw a penalty, what an actor. I can't believe how many cheap shots Chara has gotten away with this series.

Wow. Now that I look at it again, it clearly shows Jokinen hit the ice and not Chara's skate. The league needs to look at that dive if anything else. What a bunch of *edit*. Boston is still mad for getting rid of Babe Ruth. I mean really, who gets rid of Babe Ruth?

First of all what a bunch of Tick Tack calls to start the Game. The whole series they've let things go and then when the Bruins

are on the brink of elimination we get a whole different way the Refs call the Game. It's like the NBA bringing in the Series extenders. I thought it really took us out of our Game early. Amazing. Then the Scotty Walker punch. From Game One A. Ward has been going after Cullen and Staal. Walker had simply had enough. Ward got his stick up high on Cullen again. He had also sucker punched Cullen with his free hand Game One after a check. So Ward had to know Walker meant business. He had already dropped his gloves. Ward should have atleast defended himself. Walker will get a suspension in my opinion but not sure if he deserves it and it didn't bother me any seeing him deck Ward. We had taken his and their *edit* long enough. Plus Conboy also got hit before he dropped his gloves by Thornton in the first fight. So if Walker goes. I'd say Thornton goes. On the Jussi Slash. I thought it looked alot worst the first time also. Great embellishing on Chara's part the more I watched it. Let's leave that one in Boston and put them away tomorrow night. Go Canes.

A Ward has a broken orbital bone (see Andrew Ladd from Sean Avery). Stupid move, suspension and fine coming.

Avery was not fined for punching Ladd when the refs were holding his arms down. Makes perfect sense...

In game 3 or 4 Chara cross checked Cullen to the ground after the play ended and then PUNCHED HIM IN THE FACE while Cullen was on his back. I'm pretty sure thats a penalty. Yet NOTHING at all happened. Not saying Walker shouldn't get suspended, but its food for thought.

The fact that both Ward and Walker were given fighting majors my end up saving him from a suspension. It's not Walkers fault Ward has weak bones!

*Edit* Now that I look at the penalties...Ward only given a roughing penalty....he still deserved it.

Canes Now is reporting Walker has been suspended, a hearing set for 12:30 today.

I still stand with Walker on this one....suspension or no suspension..........Bruins BETTER bring their so called A game Tuesday because the Hurricanes most certainly will...............

Watching NHL Live on NHL Network and Keith Jones was interviewed about this. He said that he thought no suspension should be given because it wasn't a "message sending" altercation, that Walker was going over to support his teammate, Cullen, who had just received a "flying elbow" from Ward.

For what it's worth...we'll see after the hearing.