The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dlayersjr

Scott Walker

If you ask my opinion, it's time for our Captain to get this thing where it belongs, that's on the back burner. If the Bruins want to pull more of that BS, then it's up to the league to step in. I do applaud the league for looking at "mitigating" circumstances before suspending Walker. I'm not saying what Walker did was not right, it was warranted in my book, but this kinda stuff is not our game, and if we get caught trying to play it look for more results like last night.

NHL fines Hurricanes' Walker for Game 5 incident

Monday, 05.11.2009 / 1:57 PM / Conference Semifinals: Boston vs. Carolina

NHL.com

RALEIGH, NC -- The National Hockey League today announced that Hurricanes forward Scott Walker has been fined $2,500 for an incident that occurred at the 17:13 mark of the third period of Game 5 against the Boston Bruins. There will be no additional punishment assessed.

"We are satisfied with the league's ruling," said Hurricanes President and General Manager Jim Rutherford. "After our team received several punches throughout the series leading up to Game 5, it was a matter of time before one was going to be thrown back."

"I accept the league's decision," said Walker. "Based on what was said on the ice as I was dropping my gloves, it was my understanding that I was engaged in an altercation."

I figure Scotty will have to drop gloves the first shift he is out there and he probably knows that too. I'll happen and he'll be okay with that. He and whoever will get 5 for fighting and it will be over. While there is a lot of outrage on the Bruins message boards, the players and coaches know what the deal is. Ward had time to protect himself and he was trying to bait somebody into something late in the game. He just didn't count on the broken face.

Scotty came to the defense of team member. Everybody on the ice and behind the bench understands that.

Set up a shoe box at the Booster Club desk and have Caniacs put $1 each in to cover Scotty's fine. It's not like the money matters, but I'd be a nice gesture that we are behind the team.

Wow. No suspension and only a $2500 fine. Did we just dodge a bullet? According to Walker, him and Ward verbally agreed to go at it. I'm curious to what was said. In hindsight, maybe that's why Ward didn't fight back after he got up. It was like Aaron was helping the refs hold Lucic back. He knew he engaged Walker and got embarrassed.

Aaron Ward got what was coming for him. I certainly have no sympathy for the guy & don't wish him well. He's always been a jerk, even when he played here, and I'm glad to see someone stand up to him. He was the 1 player on the Stanley Cup team that I was thrilled to see go, regardless of how good he was.

I love the Canes, but I know how you feel, because that is exactly how I feel about Walker. He has become a liability to this team. Only played half the season, second fewest of the regulars other than Kaberle and 7th on the team in PIM, and has done nothing in the playoffs. Can't wait till he is gone. There are so many other options out there.

I love the Canes, but I know how you feel, because that is exactly how I feel about Walker. He has become a liability to this team. Only played half the season, second fewest of the regulars other than Kaberle and 7th on the team in PIM, and has done nothing in the playoffs. Can't wait till he is gone. There are so many other options out there.

I disagree, its not always about points and goals, this guy can score 15 goals in a season and we all know that, but Scott Walker is the heart and soul of the Canes, just like Tripp said.

I disagree, its not always about points and goals, this guy can score 15 goals in a season and we all know that, but Scott Walker is the heart and soul of the Canes, just like Tripp said.

I agree with you on this one. No he didn't lead the team in scoring, but that's not his role. He's a gritty guy who would protect his teammates at his expense. Not to mention that he missed time because of serious injuries, not because he was the healthy scratch like Frank. One being a broken hand he got protecting Cullen against a cheap hit. And the other one was a concussion he got as a result of a hit from Matt Cooke (who was suspended for it). I love Scotty and am pretty sure his teammates do as well.

Nah I can't disagree with 0407sox more, Walker is one tough cookie and he has something that our team has been seriously lacking, grit and a willingness to pound people when they mess with our stars. I'd take 1 Scott Walker over 50 Patrick Eaves' any day

I'd take 1 Scott Walker over 50 Patrick Eaves' any day

Id take Scott Walker over alot of guys in the NHL. I hope he retire's a Cane. Iv got alot of respect for that guy the way he sticks up for his teammates.