The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
obxcaneadian

Aaron Ward Expected to play in Game 6

Since they sowed Lurche's leg back on he'll be ready to go for tomorrow too.

No real surprise that they downgraded Ward's injury until after the league got done with Walker. Sure seems like Boston sold their soul to the league for a bunch of favors.

Ward saw him coming and did nothing to defend himself and that's after he started with the gloves in the face on a Canes player. I'm glad there was no suspension here. Certainly not warranted.

Since they sowed Lurche's leg back on he'll be ready to go for tomorrow too.

No real surprise that they downgraded Ward's injury until after the league got done with Walker. Sure seems like Boston sold their soul to the league for a bunch of favors.

I'm with you, Whaler. I thought the "orbital bone injury" was just propaganda too, but I didn't want to downplay Ward's injury because I'm not a low life. Apparently the Boston organization has a different moral compass. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Exactly and Ward had been intending to instigate a fight all series long!

How does it matter whether Ward was actually hurt or not? Isn't it the intention, not the result, of the play that really matters?

How does it matter whether Ward was actually hurt or not? Isn't it the intention, not the result, of the play that really matters?

Ward started it and Walker finished it. It was fair. The punch was thrown while Ward was looking. He had ample chance to defend himself. It wasn't from behind, it wasn't a stick swinging incident. Nothing wrong with this at all at the NHL level at least.

I am so glad Aaron Ward can play. Thank Jesus. Ward got a miracle that his broken orbital bone healed in less than 48 hours. Thank God.

Or maybe he is just like Claire on "Heroes". Whatever the case, I am so glad that broken orbital bone healed so quick for him.

Seriously, do these Bruins even feel shame? I knew from the beginning there was no broken bone. I knew as soon as the NHL released Walker's punishment they would announce he would be available for game 6. Classless liars those Bruins are.

Exactly, Scotty's intention was to kick Wards *edit*. Mission accomplished!

How does that jib with an extra two minutes if a High Stick draws blood, then?

I am so glad Aaron Ward can play. Thank Jesus. Ward got a miracle that his broken orbital bone healed in less than 48 hours. Thank God.

Or maybe he is just like Claire on "Heroes". Whatever the case, I am so glad that broken orbital bone healed so quick for him.

Seriously, do these Bruins even feel shame? I knew from the beginning there was no broken bone. I knew as soon as the NHL released Walker's punishment they would announce he would be available for game 6. Classless liars those Bruins are.

I also loved Jussi's quote yesterday about the stick to Chara's leg, "You saw it. He rolled around on the ice for 5 minutes, and then played the next shift." :lol:

Reminds me of a toddler who falls but only gets a wounded pride, and starts crying their eyes out. As soon as they realize that nobody is going to pay any attention to them, they stop crying, get up, and go right back to playing. <_<

Ward started it and Walker finished it. It was fair. The punch was thrown while Ward was looking. He had ample chance to defend himself. It wasn't from behind, it wasn't a stick swinging incident. Nothing wrong with this at all at the NHL level at least.

QFT!!!

I also loved Jussi's quote yesterday about the stick to Chara's leg, "You saw it. He rolled around on the ice for 5 minutes, and then played the next shift." :lol:

Reminds me of a toddler who falls but only gets a wounded pride, and starts crying their eyes out. As soon as they realize that nobody is going to pay any attention to them, they stop crying, get up, and go right back to playing. <_<

I can't tell you if a guy is hurt or not, but I did notice this. On one end of the ice Staal took a run at Chara, had all his momentum moving, lowered his shoulder and hit a stationary Chara and bounced off. While towards the end of game 4 Chara is trying to draw a penalty and is falling and acting and pretty much diving all over the place. Yes, it's part of the game, but Chara is as much of an actor as anyone.

I can't tell you if a guy is hurt or not, but I did notice this. On one end of the ice Staal took a run at Chara, had all his momentum moving, lowered his shoulder and hit a stationary Chara and bounced off. While towards the end of game 4 Chara is trying to draw a penalty and is falling and acting and pretty much diving all over the place. Yes, it's part of the game, but Chara is as much of an actor as anyone.

i saw that and thought what a joke you big goon, when he noticed he didn't draw the tripping penalty he so desired he hammed it up so that it wouldn't look like he was diving!!

The Bruins are such a joke...yea they're big and bad as long as nobody challenges them...but then when you step up to the plate and face them man to man, they start skating in circles and collapsing all over the ice. The B's are only as "big and bad" as you let them be, and if you simply rise up and push back, well then they're no team to fear at all.

I feel bad for Aaron Ward, but he, like everybody else on the B's, just can't take any shoving back. Maybe they should learn to deal with rough play before dishing it out.

It matters when the Bruins try to milk fans, media and the league for all the sympathy they can get and can shift the attention to the "bad" Canes. Notice how everything toned down after the league didn't fall for it and everything was said and done? All of a sudden Ward wasn't hurt as bad as they thought and Lurch, who probably confused soccer with hockey for a moment, never looked any worse for wear when he came back in the third period.

Now we just have to deal with NESN and Versus keeping the hype going until the end of the series.

According to Boston sources Aaron Ward will play on Tuesday, and will be wearing a mask or cage. The injury is not as bad as originally indicated.

Lets just say words were exchanged

and

Walker beat Ward to the Punch :blink:

Seems only fair to me-----

Scotty gets to wear gloves to protect his knuckles

Ward gets to wear a cage to protect his face!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Does Chara remind you of this?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/750117/soccer_players_faking_injury/' target="_blank">A REAL INJURY?[/post]

No Chara's acting was better. I actually thought it was his knee the way he first acted, and I thought he was really hurt. He made it look like his knee then must have realized it was his ankle that got clipped. NO OSCAR THOUGH, maybe a PHONY ( Tony an award for broadway actors)

GO CANES !!!

I dont want the bus ride to end, but I don't want it going to Boston

It's great to see someone with actual reffing experience say exactly what I've thought from the very beginning. Though it must be hard to see the truth for the Bruins fans when you're wearing black colored glasses. :rolleyes:

Someone should make a sign of that, obxcaneadian! "And the Phony goes to.... Chara!" :P

Glad to see Ward heal so fast ;) You try to start a fight with a player coming off multiple concussions and you wonder why you get flattened? Way to stand up for Cullen Scotty! Way to drop to the ice like a sack of potatoes A. Ward!