The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
obxcaneadian

Aaron Ward Expected to play in Game 6

I think Chara may have actually genuinely hurt himself when he took that dive. If you watch it in slo-mo it looks like he caught some bad ice with his skate while he was doing his Hollywood stunt dive.

There's no question it was a dive though. The most pathetic thing was Thomas and Julien continually bringing it back up when it was so obviously a dive. There's a fine line between gamesmanship and being a whiny crybaby, and they definitely crossed it.

Aaron Ward participates in practice, expected to play Tuesday

Claude Julien called the Bruins lucky. The top-seeded Eastern Conference team has dodged a bullet, and will have one of their top defenseman available for Game 6.

It was reported late Sunday night that Aaron Ward may have a broken orbital bone after getting punched by Hurricanes forward Scott Walker late in Game 5. But, after further evaluation by the Bruins' physicians Ward has been cleared to play in Tuesday night's game.

Ward was on the ice at the RBC Center on Tuesday morning as the Bruins held their game-day skate.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hurricanes/blogpost/5131467/' target="_blank">Aaron Ward participates in practice, expected to play Tuesday[/post]

Claude Julien called the Bruins lucky. The top-seeded Eastern Conference team has dodged a bullet, and will have one of their top defenseman available for Game 6.

It was reported late Sunday night that Aaron Ward may have a broken orbital bone after getting punched by Hurricanes forward Scott Walker late in Game 5. But, after further evaluation by the Bruins' physicians Ward has been cleared to play in Tuesday night's game.

Ward was on the ice at the RBC Center on Tuesday morning as the Bruins held their game-day skate.

what a joke.

Joe Haggerty (The Big Bad Blog) in Boston was just on 99.9 FM/The Fan with Mike Maniscalco and expressed a viewpoint about why the NHL Review Board rescinded Scotty's suspension that I hadn't heard yet ..... he basically felt that the Bruins went overboard when it came to A. Wards supposed injury. That when the NHL Review Board saw that A. Ward was on a plane to Raleigh (with no extra defense players on board to take his place in case he couldn't play) - and I'm sure they had medical records to review - that they realized his injury/condition was exaggerated by the Bruins organization.

Glad to see Ward heal so fast ;) You try to start a fight with a player coming off multiple concussions and you wonder why you get flattened? Way to stand up for Cullen Scotty! Way to drop to the ice like a sack of potatoes A. Ward!

You bring up a point that I have been thinking about and haven't seen discussed much, and that is, if it was so horrible for Scott Walker to get into a "fight" with less than 5 minutes left in the game and his team down by 4 goals, then shouldn't it be even worse for AWard to be going after Cullen with punches to the head with his team UP by 4 goals with less than 5 minutes to play?? Walker was standing up for a teammate who was getting roughed up (after the whistle) - as evidenced by Ward's 2 minutes for roughing penalty. What was Ward doing, except being stupid? I mean, walk away buddy. Your team has won.

I think all this jawing that Julien and Ward are doing and have been doing is all because they cried "wolf" and no one took the bait. Ward thought he'd either get Cullen out of the game/next game, or when he saw Walker coming (and he did - go look at the series of pictures on the N&O website that clearly show that he a) hit Walker first; and B) was looking right at Walker before Scotty's fist connected) thought he'd get Walker out through a suspension. I truly believe that's why he did not bring his hands up to defend himself at all. Funny how that "broken orbital bone" turned so quickly into "something" on an x-ray, and he doesn't even need to wear a shield tonight because he's such a tough guy, I guess.

Arguably, Walker's punch was a borderline move - even he admits that to a degree, and says he regrets it - and I would have understood a one game suspension. But, I'm happy with the ruling that came down from the NHL, and think after all that's come out, it clearly was the right ruling. But all these people falling over themselves to paint Ward as the innocent party here: please explain the 2 minutes for roughing penalty. Because if you are so innocent, why are you taking an idiotic penalty like that, less than 3 minutes before your team is skating off the ice with a win? :huh:

what a joke.

Ward is a joke!!! Ward got what all the Bruins deserved after game 4. His strategy failed. Approach scrum, keep my hands down, get hit to provoke suspension. All he got was a swollen face and ego!!!

Too bad we can't drop a ref. Those guys need a whack to the senses more than anyone. :P

61407-Aaronward-240x180.jpg

Sure doesn't look like any "broken orbital socket" (barely a black eye!) to me ......

Wow, just wow. I mean I knew he didn't have a broke orbital bone from the start...but I at least thought he would have a huge shiner to at least look as if he "might" have a broken orbital bone. There is hardly nothing there. I wake up with darker circles under my eye than the "shiner" he has. :P God the Bruins are classy I tell you. They are a disgrace to the game of hockey. It is a shame.

Sure doesn't look like any "broken orbital socket" (barely a black eye!) to me ......

He doesnt sound like it bothers him to much either...

"Ward has been advised to wear a visor to protect his eye, but he is choosing not to do that.

"I haven't worn one in 16 years and I'm not going to start now," Ward said."

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hurricanes/blogpost/5132338/''>http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hurricanes/blogpost/5132338/' target="_blank">http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hurricanes/blogpost/5132338/[/post]

After all this nonsense and THIS is what he looks like??? :blink: Not even a boo-boo worthy of his Mommie's kiss to make it all better! :rolleyes:

Unbelievable. Mr. Ward will be earning my "boo's" everytime he touches the puck tonight!

I think the Bruins have an awesome make-up department...................it looks pretty realistic :P

Does Chara remind you of this?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/750117/soccer_players_faking_injury/' target="_blank">A REAL INJURY?[/post]

This is why I put up with diving as a penalty. This is what the NHL could turn into if diving were not a penalty. Don't like diving calls, but it beats guys flopping all over the ice.

I get the feeling that this whole thing with Ward is an attempt to distract. Either get the Canes off their game at home or get the Bruins fans feeling sorry for the Bruins when they lose. The whole "trying to make it worse than it was, woe is me" act, really came off bad when they were called out on it. Kind of look a bit crybabyish. I doubt it gets the Canes off their game. Might get the Bruins feeling sorry for themselves but then feeling just a little guilty about feeling sorry for themselves. Can't wait for tonight. A victory will be so much sweeter after this.

I think the Bruins have an awesome make-up department...................it looks pretty realistic :P

Ask Chad Larose he may tell you they got their make up from Sean Avery's purse :)

GO CANES !!!!

Seriously, Ward dropped like he had been shot so I am very glad it wasn't anything more serious than a VERY bruised ego. Hopefully it will have the added benefit of keeping him in line so he keeps his mitts off of Cullen (among others). As a fan of hockey, I don't mind good, clean, hard hitting hockey - but all of the extra curricular activities that these goons have been getting away with has annoyed me to the extent that I was ALMOST hoping Ward would have a concussion - just so he would know how great it is to have one.

are you KIDDING me????????? that is what he ended up with after all the hype about a broken face???

are we even sure that walker made a good connect....cause if so, ward's face must be made of concrete.

or fluff. ;)

Seriously, Ward dropped like he had been shot....
He has obviously been taking acting lessons from Chara, LOL.

that is what he ended up with after all the hype about a broken face???
Exactly ..... which, I'm sure, is one of the main reasons for Scotty's suspension being rescinded. The Bruin's organization clearly exaggerated Ward's medical condition a wee bit.

He has obviously been taking acting lessons from Chara, LOL.

Exactly ..... which, I'm sure, is one of the main reasons for Scotty's suspension being rescinded. The Bruin's organization clearly exaggerated Ward's medical condition a wee bit.

The understatement of the year right there....

Dunno if anyone caught it but during one of the replays on VS one of our guys gave a love tap punch (with glove on) to Aarons right side of his face during Game 6. Was funny as heck because it was obvious that side of his face is at least sore judging by his reaction. Looked like the kinda face you'd give if you fully stubbed your toe. That and you dont have to be a lip reader to see the F bomb dropped lol.