The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TropicalDepression84

Keep the Faith!!

I think its time for one of those closed-door, players-only meetings where the team's leaders (Staal, Brindy, Whitney, Ward, etc) lay it on the line. The leaders have been through this before, and have a lot of valuable experience.

GO CANES!

There's really no reason to panic. Boston has shown in this series that they can lay an egg just like we have. Our problem is that we played 65 minutes of lousy hockey at a bad time. After the first 5 minutes last night I thought we carried the play to the Bruins.

If Mo makes a few adjustments (and maybe one personell change) it will all be okay. The drama from the Walker punch will be in the rear view mirror and the pressure is now on the Bruins. Yes they have home ice, but they also have a crowd that will quickly turn on them if they play poorly. It's a coin toss.

Have not been posting, broke my hand on friday night.....all i can say is that i fully expected to lose these two cuz the canes cant win a series w/ out giving me a mild heart attack. Soooooooo lets wrap this up boys!

Go Canes!!!!!!!!!!!

No one gave us any chance against this team and yet here we are for game 7. We are desperate because there is no tomorrow for hockey if we lose. Go out there and play like you want it more for 60 minutes. We can do this! Go Canes!

There's really no reason to panic. Boston has shown in this series that they can lay an egg just like we have. Our problem is that we played 65 minutes of lousy hockey at a bad time. After the first 5 minutes last night I thought we carried the play to the Bruins.

If Mo makes a few adjustments (and maybe one personell change) it will all be okay. The drama from the Walker punch will be in the rear view mirror and the pressure is now on the Bruins. Yes they have home ice, but they also have a crowd that will quickly turn on them if they play poorly. It's a coin toss.

Exactly!! Boston winning the previous 2 games has as big of an influence on this game as the Canes winning those 3 in a row did in our chances for the rest of the serious. No team is invincible, we can win just as easily as they can win. We've each won in each other's buildings and we've each played some of our best hockey of the year in this series alone.

If we get the first goal I love our chances, but regardless of that we need to come out and play at least 60 minutes of hard hitting, fast skating hockey and get into the heads of the crowd. The B's crowd has already shown they'll turn on their team in a heartbeat if things go wrong. If we can take control early then we can their home ice right out of their hands. Also Wardo needs to show up tomorrow. I'm confident that the D will play better because they have seemed to respond at various points this year after they've turned in poor performances.

I'm very proud of how the guys turned into a legit contender from a laughing stock earlier this year, but I don't want this thing to end. You have to believe that if we can get Cole and Rutuu and maybe Brindy going then we have enough to take this all the way. We just need a gritty, fast and strong in our own zone performance tomorrow to continue this!!!

You forget the regular season as soon as the playoffs start

You forget the first series in the playoffs way before the second series starts

You forget wins in the playoffs 5 minutes after the game is over

You forget losses in the playoffs 5 seconds after the game is over

It is that time of the year where nothing else matters but the next game

and when the next game is game 7, everything matters.

If you were to tell me in Jan that this team would be in a game 7 to advance

to the conference Finals I would have signed up 1000 times.

Go Canes, play hard, play smart and let the chips fall where they may!