The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney_Fisher

Ladies and Gentlemen, PLEASE STAND UP!!

Are we now going to have a thread like this for every game? We have been over this quite a few times...

We saw a bunch of other sections standing later in the last game...a few of us in 130 tried to get others in our section to stand too

Come on guys, let's see everyone standing tonight!! (unless you have a child or parent with child behind you!!!)

Get out of those seats everyone!!! Who's with me???

the choice isn't yours, in '06 the team requested it and we obliged. Odds are if we do it tonight we will be asked to either sit down or leave. Now if you are going to cover the cost of tickets for those of us thrown out then i am in.

Im in Section 130 and I dont think Ill comply. When MOST of us stood in Game 7 in 2006 that was unprecedented.....something to be remembered always......I dont like the idea of wearing out such a ritual.......we are in the eastern conference semi finals......sorry.

I think our tradition of standing certainly for the national anthem and puck drop to start each period is enough......the last few minutes Ok too........but an entire game, and not even the SCF may be asking too much.....I appreciate your enthusiasm though......We will cheer just as hard as you, but with respect to those sitting around us, and tonite if this standing thing starts too early Ill talk to an usher and hopefully they will enforce the RBC rules...............

Great to see the sanity in responses here! I am a huge fan and will support the team to the end, but standing has nothing to do with my support for them and is discourteous to those around me. I will stick with hockey etiquette for standing and will be very hoarse tomorrow from contributing to the LOUDEST HOUSE IN THE NHL!!!

I dont like the idea of wearing out such a ritual.......we are in the eastern conference semi finals......sorry.

I agree I stated something to that effect last time this was up. There is a time and place for everything. Closing down a great period or the end of a game is appropriate for now. And a few other times, you will know when it's right.

GO CANES !!!!

Well at least I wasn't the only one who wanted you to stand...remember this:

NO ONE SITS TONIGHT!!!

BTW, I always made sure the people around me were standing too. I wasn't the least bit careless about being aware of people around me.

Thanks y'all. Stood all night.

I'd love to stand, but I have to honor those in back of me. Some are old and can't stand for long stretches.

A person can make just as much noise sitting as standing. I don't mind standing at key moments, but for those smaller children sitting behind adults, it makes the game much more difficult to see.

Personally, I really wish the chick behind me in 338 last night would've quit screaming to "stand up" and "these fans suck" and various obscenities at the crowd around her and would've instead focused on cheering for the team.

For the record, I was standing at various points in the game (mostly because I'm short and it was easier to see over the tall dude sitting in front of me). But the standing screamer behind me was ruining my team spirit a whole lot more than the folks sitting around us yelling encouragement to the team.

And I agree that the standing shouldn't be worn out though I can see the argument that last night was a big game. But it wasn't a game 7. I say reserve it for game 7.

Yeah, I was surprised to see "no one sit tonight" on the jumbotron. I did see a lot of people standing, seemed like more on the side of the players bench than the other side. I sit in the second row of my section and I only stand if the first row is standing. haha But I did get up and cheer many, many times.

IMHO, I think the Canes staff kinda blew it with the whole "no one sits tonight" jumbotron announcements. For Game 7 of the SCF, I stood the entire time as did most everyone, but standing during that game was so different than trying to get the whole crowd to stand during a game in the 2nd round. The standing ended up causing some serious disagreements in the section next to us last night and that was just one of several crowd skirmishes that seemed to contribute to some bad karma in the building.

As someone who's only 4'8", there's no way I can see if anyone of even just average height is standing in front of me. I love standing and cheering and applauding before a face-off, after a great shift, etc, but let's save the standing for the whole game thing until we're back in game 7 of the SCF this year!

IMHO, I think the Canes staff kinda blew it with the whole "no one sits tonight" jumbotron announcements. For Game 7 of the SCF, I stood the entire time as did most everyone, but standing during that game was so different than trying to get the whole crowd to stand during a game in the 2nd round. The standing ended up causing some serious disagreements in the section next to us last night and that was just one of several crowd skirmishes that seemed to contribute to some bad karma in the building.

As someone who's only 4'8", there's no way I can see if anyone of even just average height is standing in front of me. I love standing and cheering and applauding before a face-off, after a great shift, etc, but let's save the standing for the whole game thing until we're back in game 7 of the SCF this year!

totally agree!!!

who should we complain to? at a previous game i asked one of the media guys (that is in the pics that paul posts) who to make music selection suggetions to.....he said that was all done by canes vision...is that just a separate department?

i guess i will email my tkt rep, but like i said in another thread.....i may be selling my tkts because i cannot stand.....also, it has certainly given me some insight as which sections to avoid when i do my first STH seat selection!

Yep, I have to agree too. If I were there with my preggo wife and/or short son, I'd have been PO'ed. I have to wonder if it had an impact on the atmosphere...it sounds like it.

You probably saw Jon Chase, I always see him around. I think Canes Vision basically produces all the "entertainment" for the games. Not sure who they report to but you could check the team directory.

I know it's been 2 years but it's disappointing they ran "the show" like amateurs who have never been there.