The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Category5

The Canes WILL win

Why do I think so??

The Canes have a goalie that has NEVER lost a post-season series!

The Canes have beaten the Bruins three times in a row during this series.

During the regular season:

1) From Jan 1 to the end of the season, the Canes were 27 - 17 for a win % of 61%, the Bruins were 25 - 20 for a win % of 56%

2) From the All-star break to the end of the season, the Canes were 22 - 12 for a win % of 65%, the Bruins were 19 - 16 for a win % of 54%.

BRING ON THE PITTSBURGH CROSBIES!

Anyone know off the top of their head the season series between CAR-PIT? I seem to think they went 2-2 against each other. In which case, settle in for a long series there, too.

I can't say that the Canes will win, but this talk of us being done is nonsense. Game 7's are won by the home team just over 60% of the time. That is far from a sure thing. Look at SanJose, but also look at Washington. The Canes have shown a bit of inconsistancy in their opeing efforts, but they have not always come out flat. We came out pretty good in the games we won. Even spotting the Bruins 2 immediate goals two nights ago, we were within a newt's hair from getting it to 2-2, after which anything could have happened in game 6. Despite being clearly out of sync that night, we outshot the Bruins badly. We lost largely due to defensive breakdowns. That adjustment will be made.

The Bruins will get the last change, but they got Chara on Staal most of the time in Raleigh. They will get the edge in calls, and thus will have a slight edge, but if the Canes come out and just let it all hang out, anything could happen. If we win it will not be an even mild upset given the history of this series. Who knows which Canes team will show up, but I really don't think that the Bruins can dominate the Canes if they bring their A game. And in game 7 you can only be sure of a win if you dominate. Interestingly I think the Canes have had more "domination" time in this series. This is anyone's game. Makes it all the more exciting.

I think Brindy hit the nail on the head the other night. Well, about time he hit something! "If you would have offered us one game to win to move on, we would have taken it." I am not thinking that we could blow a 3-1 series lead. I am thinking that we are one win away from getting even further than any of us expected this team could take us. After Tuesdays game I put the odds of us winning game 7 at 1/15. Man was I acting like a little B. Today, 50/50. There is a winner and a loser, and that is it! We can wear them down. Score first, we win.

it would be sweet being from mass, and winninga game 7, history is against the bruins.. but first 10minutes will say alot.. i really think this is anyone s game with 5 minute sleft.. hold on fellow caniacs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the B's at home for a Game 7, and everything at stake, we know they're gonna come out on fire ..... if we can just make it through that first "rush" (without giving up any goals, LOL), I think we should be able to hold our own. And remember, home ice didn't turn out to be any "advantage" for the Devils or the Caps in their Game 7's!

If one thing is for sure the Canes prefer the hard way and like to make it interesting. Somebody mentioned the Canes being tired I have wonder that also since they have been standing still a lot and players not moving around with and without the puck.