The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
golfpro827

Jumbotron Message in Game 6

no, i did not see that...but i was unhappy with....NO ONE SITS TONIGHT....at the very beginning of the game.....

i know i have said this before....but it is really painful for me to stand that long....plus i am short so it is really hard to see when everyone stands.

should we make it another round, i might have to sell my tkts.....i had to sit alot tonight and watch it on the jumbotron....i just couldnt do it.

and trust me - i am VERY VERY VERY loud so i definitely do my part....

Most of that stuff is very bush league...and we don't need the over-worn sound effects/video...They should be retired after this year...Need new hockey blood in those offices. Should be a priority for next season...get Luke DeCock on the assault for changes.

Anyone else see the "We won 1 game 7, we will win another!" message on the Jumbotron before the third period?

I saw that and was very unhappy. I was wondering if I was supposed to leave then with a whole period left to play.

Just a guess since I didn't watch the start of the third, but maybe they were trying to energize the crowd in a failtastic way? I find that to be in very poor taste as well. I don't know what the heck they could've been thinking to put that up before the game is over. Unbelievable.

P.S. I hate how FSN has modified their mics so you don't even hear the crowd. It sounds like the crowd is in a tin can and it sounds horrible. Thumbs down to the sound guys.

I can't believe they would put that on the jumbotron! I'd be calling my ticket rep if I were you guys! Only saw what was on NESN, but I did catch some scenes from 300 up there.

It was only up for a few seconds. I am sure it was just an accident and quickly removed once it was noticed.

I hope so, meangene, 'cause everyone in the lower half of 102 was upset. It really looked like "they" had given up on our guys.

It was only up for a few seconds. I am sure it was just an accident and quickly removed once it was noticed.

Even an accident for a few seconds can anger the hockey gods. There may have to be a pig sacrifice or something to make up for that.

Run Stormy, run.

I didn't catch it before the 3rd but I did see it after the game. So I was "hopefuly" when I saw it at the end lol I'm sure it was meant to be shown at the end of the game only. I stared up at it on the painful walk out of the RBC.

MAJOR gaffe if it was a mistake. If not a mistake, MAJOR gaffe. We saw it at the beginning of the third as well as after the game. Plus, did anybody notice what DOWNER music they played in last intermission to accompany some video clips of fans. Good lord, it was like I was watching a montage for someone who'd died based on the music that went along with it.

Definitely not great moves to try to get the crowd back into the game. Though for me personally, those things are not what pump me up for the game - great shifts, great hits, great chances - that's what get's me screaming.

Also, as I saw mentioned in a previous post, I'm really over some of the lame time-out stuff that we've been seeing game after game - regular season and playoff. Plus, for me in playoff games, I'd rather not have all that distracting 'noise' - would much rather leave all the t-shirts and Linda Craft stuff for regular season games. Playoffs should be left pure. All just my humble opinion

MAJOR gaffe if it was a mistake. If not a mistake, MAJOR gaffe. We saw it at the beginning of the third as well as after the game. Plus, did anybody notice what DOWNER music they played in last intermission to accompany some video clips of fans. Good lord, it was like I was watching a montage for someone who'd died based on the music that went along with it.

Definitely not great moves to try to get the crowd back into the game. Though for me personally, those things are not what pump me up for the game - great shifts, great hits, great chances - that's what get's me screaming.

Also, as I saw mentioned in a previous post, I'm really over some of the lame time-out stuff that we've been seeing game after game - regular season and playoff. Plus, for me in playoff games, I'd rather not have all that distracting 'noise' - would much rather leave all the t-shirts and Linda Craft stuff for regular season games. Playoffs should be left pure. All just my humble opinion

Ugghhh I'm so over the Linda Craft thing. At least she wasn't there last night...guess it was her husband?! I'm extra tired of the Family Feud....its annoys me to no end for some reason.

Oh I forgot about the music...my friend thought it was weird as well. Maybe they were just letting the fans know that all is not lost, and to be grateful? Idk...strange for sure.

Oh I forgot about the music...my friend thought it was weird as well. Maybe they were just letting the fans know that all is not lost, and to be grateful? Idk...strange for sure.

Seriously, is the group that usually runs things tied up and duch taped somewhere? Between the Game 7 gaff and the morbid music (son asked me what the heck was going on when that music played), I was dumbfounded.

Even the siren was lame last night.

I'll throw this in here, I thought it was a bit overzealous after game 4 to show on the jumbotron an overweight woman with the message, "she's warming up." Being up 3-1 in the series is great, but it's not that close to fat lady time, that would be up 5-1 going into period 3 of the close out game and even then I'm not sure I would tempt the hockey gods with that message.

I'll throw this in here, I thought it was a bit overzealous after game 4 to show on the jumbotron an overweight woman with the message, "she's warming up." Being up 3-1 in the series is great, but it's not that close to fat lady time, that would be up 5-1 going into period 3 of the close out game and even then I'm not sure I would tempt the hockey gods with that message.

Yup, this had me wondering why they did it too. I think it was safe to put up for that particular game since we were winning 4-1 BUT not for the series! What a mistake...

I'm extra tired of the Family Feud....its annoys me to no end for some reason.

like how for some reason Moe's is always the top tailgating food when we all know that nobody with a shred of southern tailgating dignity would get moes to bring to a tailgate... yeah...