The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

ECF Schedule Announced

If this series goes to six (which I imagine that it will)... you're out on the street, Elmo. :lol:

Worst schedule I've seen in awhile.
I agree. It's going to be hard to get into a rhythm with those gaps in games. Is Yanni making repeated returns to Pittsburgh?!?!? :lol:

Worst schedule I've seen in awhile.

Welcome to playing a series with Carolina. Schedulers try to bury the Canes or forget they exist, but somehow we keep getting on the matrix! I thought with Crosby playing that this series might catch a break but I guess they will play up the Chicago-Detroit rivalry. No teams left west of the central time zone, crazy. At least national coverage cannot ignore a Conference Finals...that is if you consider VS national.

Wow... not even NBC's beloved Sid the Kid makes them want to give us a game! Now I have to worry about finding a way to watch our games for the whole series. :mad:

are you f'n serious? not ONE game will be on NBC? What *edit* that is. This TV scheduling is so horrible, is Bettman proud of this?

so, if we advance to the SCF, will NBC cancel out their contract with the NHL?

That's fine. Keep up the disrespect... this team thrives on it. We weren't supposed to beat the great Martin Brodeur. They didn't bother giving us any run in that series. We stuck it to them. We weren't supposed to beat the big, bad, Bruins - especially after blowing the 3-1 series lead. They gave us "joined in progress" coverage. We stuck it to them.

We will do it again.

ALSO... what our friendly troll said. I had the option of Versus piggy backing on TSN's coverage with Pierre tonight or keeping the Boston homer NESN coverage. I stayed with Jack and Andy.

not ONE game will be on NBC?

So much for being the Nothing But Crosby network, I guess this is true provided they aren't playing the Canes.

I know... it was sad realizing that no matter what happened tonight, this was our last game with Johnny and Tripp together. We may get lucky and get Johnny on the Versus games, but I think Washington's Joe Beninati is their second play-by-play guy behind Doc Emrick, so Johnny may be done for the season. As far as TV, anyway... I imagine he'll join Chuck like he did in 2006 to do color.

I just would like one game for us on NBC. I can torelate their announcers since I hear them but don't listen to them anyway. I would like for the rest of the nation to see us for a change, it's amazing even with Sidney playing, it won't happen. Even in '06 we got NBC coverage in the 2nd, 3rd, and final rounds. If Boston won, I'm sure it would be on NBC.

This is seriously not going to look good for the league.

I know... it was sad realizing that no matter what happened tonight, this was our last game with Johnny and Tripp together. We may get lucky and get Johnny on the Versus games, but I think Washington's Joe Beninati is their second play-by-play guy behind Doc Emrick, so Johnny may be done for the season. As far as TV, anyway... I imagine he'll join Chuck like he did in 2006 to do color.

he probably will, he did in '06 I remember. Too bad in charlotte there is no longer an official station for the team, there used to be though, believe it or not.

he probably will, he did in '06 I remember. Too bad in charlotte there is no longer an official station for the team, there used to be though, believe it or not.

NHL.com offers free radio streaming and it is VERY well done. Look into it!

There's an "Andre Rieu" (???) concert Sunday at 6:00 PM. I imagine that has a lot to do with it. Mellon Arena is a hard place to schedule hockey around.

NHL.com offers free radio streaming and it is VERY well done. Look into it!

I used to do that alot, problem is, my laptop isn't compatable, or something like that to pick it up.

I agree. It's going to be hard to get into a rhythm with those gaps in games. Is Yanni making repeated returns to Pittsburgh?!?!? :lol:

Don't get me started on that! :rolleyes: Yanni and Dane Cook both screwed things up! BTW, thanks to your mods here for not being p***ies and letting me register, unlike the Cryers and Craps boards! Don't worry, I'm not the trolling type! Just wanna talk some hockey. Should be a hell of a series.

Sammy, tickets go on sale 10AM Friday.

At least I will not have to listen to Pierre. His hostility towards the Penguins of late has reached new heights.

I agree with you. I absolutely hated watching highlights on NHL.com throughout our series because they all (?) used TSN's feed and Pierre McCryer just can't help but insult us at every opportunity he gets. I CANNOT STAND PIERRE - HE IS HORRIBLE.

BTW, thanks to your mods here for not being p***ies and letting me register, unlike the Cryers and Craps boards! Don't worry, I'm not the trolling type! Just wanna talk some hockey. Should be a hell of a series.
I defer to the mods, of course, but I think so long as opposing teams fans realize whose boards these are when posting and don't get too carried away in the passion for their team by insulting this one or their fans, you'll find you can have some good interactions here. Many longtime boardmembers are actually fans of other teams! If you can stay in that spirit, welcome!