The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Starbucks

Throwing things in Penalty box

Floppy McSeabass hit the caniac kids foundation sign with his stick...so i am justified with pitching a towel in his general direction... ;) lol its all about the kids, folks....its all about the kids. :lol:

I have a new respect for the Devils now. It was a hard fought series without the after whistle cheap shots that the Baby bears love to throw. Charo and Lucy love hitting players when they are down. Jersey fans have more class too. Also their coach didn't continually whine "we haven't played our game" rather than admit they got soundly out played.

I agree 100%. It was already apparent that the Devils and Canes organizations displayed class and respect towards each other throughout that series, but after seeing just how dirty Boston really is, and their fans seem to have far more homers and bandwagoners than New Jersey, I too have an elevated level of respect for the Devils. It was really enjoyable having a series without cheapshots being thrown during the games and without the opposing organization spreading lies through the media (see: the propaganda surrounding Ward's "broken" orbital bone).

I don't care what team it is, tossing junk on the ice (or towards people) is classless. I couldn't believe how bad the Vancouver fans were throwing stuff...

I wonder how they will react in Pittsburgh?

I don't care what team it is, tossing junk on the ice (or towards people) is classless. I couldn't believe how bad the Vancouver fans were throwing stuff...

I wonder how they will react in Pittsburgh?

The only thing we ever throw on the ice is hats if one of our guys gets a hat trick. That's the only thing I feel that should ever be thrown on the ice by a fan! And we play the extremely hated Flyers all the time too. If we can somehow resist the urge of throwing anything at them, I think the Canes should be safe! Then again, I'm saying this and you watch some moron will throw a terrible towel at Walker if he tries anything! :lol:

:lol: Don't worry about Walks. He doesn't throw fists unless someone is asking for it, and after what AO did to Gonchar (regardless if it was intentional or not), I don't expect the Pens (or the Canes) to get dirty.

This should be a good series. Aside from the Canes winning, above all else, I hope this is a clean, classy, and respectful one.

Again, our fanbase threw towels too. Whether or not it was before the game or after the game, on the ice or on the penalty box, towels were thrown. I don't think there's a single fanbase that hasn't done something "classless" in these playoffs.

Doing something just because "the other guy" does does not make it right. I learned that while still in elementary school. It is a classless act whether by canes or any other fans.

As to "toughening up" because we are in the playoffs. Makes it hard to determine where to draw the line don't you think? When you blur the line it just leads to abuse of the rules.

CC<---------- not a fan of "Gray areas"

I was at Boston/Cane game Sunday... 8 rows off the glass. I have to say in my not so educated

opinion that the Boston Fans were completely "Classless Non-Sportsman Cretins".

They don't know how to Win OR Lose. Not all ... some around me were very cool and we

enjoyed the game... but most were foul mouth boobs.

As I said they don't understand sports... You have to know how to Win and how to Lose... they

don't understand either... it was just a place for them to be fouled mouth bullies.

Although maybe my walking around during the Intermission holding up Big Canes Signs

screaming "Go Canes" had something to do with it ?