The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cc

Reflections from the Pens Board

I know this wasnt meant to flame anyone over at their board but if we use their posts here, it will bait them to come over here and troll our board. So far through 2 pretty heated series, we've been able to manage any issues very quickly (most you guys probably werent even aware of), and have only had a handful of trolls try and start trouble here.

Id like to think its because we're not out there looking for trouble by antagonizing the opposing fans.

<--- wants credit for his post, btw...

Secondly, I think your board is cleaner and more well patrolled due to the high amount of traffic our board receives. Don't get me wrong, we have a RIDICULOUS amount of retards on there. But anytime you have the kind of traffic we get on a regular basis, you're bound to see the worst in humanity. (This isn't a knock on your forums at all, I just don't see the same amount of posting here and I do there)

While it's easy to assume our boards have gotten virulent lately due to our series against Philly and Washington, the truth is, we have a LOT of posters who like nothing more than to derail threads with mud slinging fests against fellow Penguins fans. But we also have a lot of good, quality posters. They just don't come around very often because our boards are somewhat littered with the mentally infirm.

I can't stand Trolls. I may read on someone elses board but I don't post there. I am satisfied posting my opinions here and have no desire to go on someone elses board to gloat or rub salt etc. If they come here and don't like what we write its on them but they should go back and vent on their board.

<--- wants credit for his post, btw...

Secondly, I think your board is cleaner and more well patrolled due to the high amount of traffic our board receives. Don't get me wrong, we have a RIDICULOUS amount of retards on there. But anytime you have the kind of traffic we get on a regular basis, you're bound to see the worst in humanity. (This isn't a knock on your forums at all, I just don't see the same amount of posting here and I do there)

While it's easy to assume our boards have gotten virulent lately due to our series against Philly and Washington, the truth is, we have a LOT of posters who like nothing more than to derail threads with mud slinging fests against fellow Penguins fans. But we also have a lot of good, quality posters. They just don't come around very often because our boards are somewhat littered with the mentally infirm.

:lol:

Canes fan right here.

I can't stand Trolls. I may read on someone elses board but I don't post there. I am satisfied posting my opinions here and have no desire to go on someone elses board to gloat or rub salt etc. If they come here and don't like what we write its on them but they should go back and vent on their board.

What about the ones who are genuinely tired of the retarded *edit* going on on the Penguins forums all the time and are kinda happy to see a forum that's moderately well behaved?

What about the ones who are genuinely tired of the retarded *edit* going on on the Penguins forums all the time and are kinda happy to see a forum that's moderately well behaved?

I can assure you that it's well behaved. ;)

As I've said before, we welcome fans from other fan bases. If you want to talk hockey, discuss the game, even root for your team in a civil manner...the more the merrier.