The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Diane-1

The Carolina Hurricanes Are Ruining The 2009 Playoffs

That is a great article. The Canes played amazing in the games I have watched them this year. I kept saying that while it would be nice to have the home ice advantage, the Canes are a team no one wants to play in the playoffs yet here we are. I am sure the next series is going to be awesome.

Haha what a great read. That was an awesome article that made me feel pretty damn proud of what we have accomplished thus far in these playoffs. This is gonna be a great series. I can't wait. Game 1 is on my 21st birthday, lets make it a good one!

Funny story.

Along similar lines, but a lot shorter, I ran across this post by Joetimo on the Nashville Predators NHL boards. Pretty amusing what some are saying about these Canes:

Penguins vs. Gods Team

You know if scottie walker scores the GWG in game 7... the 2nd game seven of this playoff campaign... and a guy who was waved half way through the year is putting up good numbers... if you have a Staal brother... and of course if you have a Cullen... you shall be proclaimed as God's Team. You don't bet against God's team. Doing so will only end in excruciating pain while rapid squirrels gnaw on some nuts.

Course... the Pens have the power of Satan on their team... along with Crosby who probably sold his soul to Satan in exchange for the opportunity to beat Ovie in game 7 one on one.

Basically, I see this a charlie foxtrot. We have two teams that I truly do believe are destined to win the cup. So many great story lines... but I like the swagger God's Team has right now.

God's Team in 7

Can I get an Amen? :)

My favorite part of the article.

"The Canes write their own story, and they write it just the way they want it to be written. They play physical, they play rough, and they play close games.

They aren't afraid to leave a one-goal lead in the hands of 25 year-old Cam Ward. They aren't afraid to call upon anyone to win the game, whether it's Eric Staal, Jussi Jokinen, or that guy who punch Aaron Ward in the face."

This team is comfortable playing late in the game whether down one, even, or up one. That has got to be golden for a coach.

Funny story.

Along similar lines, but a lot shorter, I ran across this post by Joetimo on the Nashville Predators NHL boards. Pretty amusing what some are saying about these Canes:

Penguins vs. Gods Team

You know if scottie walker scores the GWG in game 7... the 2nd game seven of this playoff campaign... and a guy who was waved half way through the year is putting up good numbers... if you have a Staal brother... and of course if you have a Cullen... you shall be proclaimed as God's Team. You don't bet against God's team. Doing so will only end in excruciating pain while rapid squirrels gnaw on some nuts.

Course... the Pens have the power of Satan on their team... along with Crosby who probably sold his soul to Satan in exchange for the opportunity to beat Ovie in game 7 one on one.

Basically, I see this a charlie foxtrot. We have two teams that I truly do believe are destined to win the cup. So many great story lines... but I like the swagger God's Team has right now.

God's Team in 7

Can I get an Amen? :)

Thanks for sharing that, Red Storm, it was great. I think I'm kinda liking this "reputation" we're getting, LOL. thumbsup.gif

The parallels between the Penguins and Hurricanes are astounding. Both teams play well in the third period. Both teams respond well in the clutch. Both teams have a good core of young talent, with wily veterans to keep them in focus. Both teams have goaltenders capable of stealing wins all by themselves. And both teams know how awesome Ronnie Franchise is :)

This is gonna be one heck of a ride.

Great Article. They aren't ruining it for me LOL

BTW I noticed in a related story on that page that a sports analyst gave the advantage to the Pens in the upcoming series. I guess giving the higher ranked team the advantage on paper is what they are expected to do and while I dont think that the Penguins have a stronger all around program I DO think that talk as such will only fuel the Hurricanes run and it is good to know people are still underestimating them because it will be that much sweeter if they win. I may be biased but the canes have played with more heart and purpose than anyone who is left and if the Pens know whats good for them they will not try and look past the canes Boston did and now they are eliminated.

Great article, thanks for sharing Diane, and you too Red Storm. I wondered if we would start to see a few stories like this. Frankly, I like the "Pens in 5" type myself, we are better when underdogs coming from behind against all odds. Cinderella story, outta nowhere. :)

Haha what a great read. That was an awesome article that made me feel pretty damn proud of what we have accomplished thus far in these playoffs. This is gonna be a great series. I can't wait. Game 1 is on my 21st birthday, lets make it a good one!

It will be my 31st. So one of us, screwed. At least you will get free drinks.

trivia question along this line: has any hockey team won the Cup not having home ice in any round of the playoffs.

trivia question along this line: has any hockey team won the Cup not having home ice in any round of the playoffs.

I would venture a guess at the 1971 Montreal Canadians...........