The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CamNeely-ch1

Congrats Canes fans

Id like to say Im real happy for you but I hope you understand why I cant. My heart is broken but hey, someone has to lose if someone else wins. Now that the dust has settled, I can say that that was one of most exciting series to be apart of and both teams deserved to be where they were. Where the Bruins outmatched your Canes on paper, the Canes outmatched the Bruins in experience and heart. In the end, heart and will win every time.

I know my B's will be right back in there next year with more experience and the one missing piece from this post season, heart. The Canes knew exactly what it would take to get out of that round and now the Bruins do too.

Good luck against Pittsburgh, they'll give you fits but as the Bruins (and NJ)have witnessed, the Canes know how to get the job done.

The whole Walker situation seems pretty irrelevant now with the news about his wife and even though I'm still pissed off about the punch and furious that it was him that scored the winning goal, I give him lots of credit for hanging in there all week long knowing that the hockey was the least important thing on his mind.

Anyway, you guys are cool for rednecks (JK!!!) and Im honored I was trusted with helping to write your game day thread. That was a first for me :lol:

- Dave

Well said.......a classy Bruin fan....all the best.by the way, we are "goobers" down here (LOL).....Boston will be back

Id like to say Im real happy for you but I hope you understand why I cant. My heart is broken but hey, someone has to lose if someone else wins. Now that the dust has settled, I can say that that was one of most exciting series to be apart of and both teams deserved to be where they were. Where the Bruins outmatched your Canes on paper, the Canes outmatched the Bruins in experience and heart. In the end, heart and will win every time.

I know my B's will be right back in there next year with more experience and the one missing piece from this post season, heart. The Canes knew exactly what it would take to get out of that round and now the Bruins do too.

Good luck against Pittsburgh, they'll give you fits but as the Bruins (and NJ)have witnessed, the Canes know how to get the job done.

The whole Walker situation seems pretty irrelevant now with the news about his wife and even though I'm still pissed off about the punch and furious that it was him that scored the winning goal, I give him lots of credit for hanging in there all week long knowing that the hockey was the least important thing on his mind.

Anyway, you guys are cool for rednecks (JK!!!) and Im honored I was trusted with helping to write your game day thread. That was a first for me :lol:

- Dave

I'm glad to see a Bruin's fan giving the Hurricanes the respect they've earned. You said it right - our boys have a great deal of heart.

Game 7 was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. I've never been so close to a stroke in my life. Both teams fought hard. Thankfully the Canes pulled through :)

Gotta love Southern Hockey!

Thanks Bruins fan. You are a class act and I'm sure your Bs will use this years experience to be better next year. (not that they weren't already a force to be reckoned with) I hope you will still visit our boards. Classy hockey fans always welcome-trolls not so much.

Thanks for the kind words, CN. Good series. Your B's will definitely be back next year.

This might help you understand just who Scotty Walker is a little better:

Guy Behind the Guy: Letter from Boston

Mike Sundheim

May 15, 2009, 11:54 AM EDT

Last night was a special night for Scott Walker for so many reasons that I cannot even begin to explain. But I think this email that we received today from a fan in Boston pretty much says everything you need to know about Scott Walker as a human being.

To Whom it may concern---I just wanted to drop you a note telling you how appreciative my friend

Game 7 was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. I've never been so close to a stroke in my life. Both teams fought hard. Thankfully the Canes pulled through :)

Me too! I started shaking at about 8:00 and didn't stop til I finished calling all my friends/family after the game. That was the most intense I have ever been, even more than super bowl 38 (of course I am a Carolina Panthers fan, too). Things turned out much better for me this time. ;)

CamNeely (or Dave, I should say) - don't forget about your new friends here on the board, come back and chat some time. We love having classy hockey fans join in the conversation!

Thank you for the nice words, Dave. Boston has some work to do in the offseason to try and keep the hugely talented team together. As much as some Canes fans might resent Lucic during the series, I'll be the first to cheer if he became a Hurricane. He is going to be a monster in the league for years and the B's are lucky to have him.