The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Eklund Best Guesses

I'm thinking Seids will go for 3-4 years at 2.5 - 3 M per. Cole is starting to hurt his prospective money with his playoff performance thus far, I'd say 4-5 years at 3 - 3.5 per.

not sure what a long term deal constitutes then, he's 30. IF he wants to sign for 6-7 years than he better be ready for a significant paycut because theres a lot more risk involved once a player hits 35 years of age. I'd give him the NTC if he was willing to work with the team salary wise.

I'm not too big on Erik Cole's impact since he came back. At some point, you need goals out of a potential first liner. The "he makes impacts elsewhere other than scoring" converstations grow tiresome. Put up or shut up if you want a new contract. He's been quiet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cole doesn't return. We have people like Ruutu, Jokinen, LaRose and Babchuk who will need to be resigned before Cole.

Yeah, Cole's performance has all but dropped him to the bottom of the upcoming FA list. Really, the only way I could see him staying is if Staal puts in a good word for him, but even that shouldn't be worth what we'd have to pay him.

I see Erik wanting a long term deal with a NTC.

If Cole was capable of a long term deal, his presence would have been felt in the playoffs...His limit is his neck.

I really feel like we need to resign Ruutu and Larose. These guys both have X factors that we need to be a competitive team. I don't want to ignore the D though and go back to last year with no D. I wouldn't want to have to make this choice.

I really feel like we need to resign Ruutu and Larose. These guys both have X factors that we need to be a competitive team. I don't want to ignore the D though and go back to last year with no D. I wouldn't want to have to make this choice.

Agree on Ruu and Rosey for the front lines. I said it elsewhere. I hope our deep run in the playoffs will make it possible financially for the team to make a run at JayBo for the D line. I'd rather him with the Canes long-term than Cole but probably too rich for JR to pursue.

Unless Cole seriously turns things around, I don't think so. He's been invisible on the scoresheet.

Seids I could see staying for a while, and I would want that. IMO he's our team's best 2-way defenseman, by far.