The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

To all our former Hartford Whaler fans here.....

Can someone post the Brass Bonanza in honor of this momentous occasion?

Finally!!!!! REDEMPTION!!!!

I guess the only team left to get revenge on is the Quebec Nordiques!

Oh wait........they don't exist anymore......never mind!

I used to HATE whenever the Bruins or Rangers played the Whalers, and the whole upper deck would be opposing fans. Then after losing to the Bruins in 90 and 91, and then again here in 99 when some %&*$#!# radio station from Boston bought that billboard on Capital Blvd saying "Go Bruins" that was embarrassing as hell.

How far we've come now though!!!

Damn this feels good. GO CANES!!!

You may now rest well :)

Good things come to those that wait.

all I know is that being there and being a true fan of this franchise since 1986

This was just as sweet to me as winning the Cup. Not as important but sweet nontheless

All I would think of was Dineen, Francis, Ferraro, Verbeek, Scott Young, Turgeon, Liut.

I still cant believe I was there. B):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and Scott walker who they hate scored the GW. Awesome Baby

and the Canes finally won a game that Staal did not score in. :P

all I know is that being there and being a true fan of this franchise since 1986

This was just as sweet to me as winning the Cup. Not as important but sweet nontheless

All I would think of was Dineen, Francis, Ferraro, Verbeek, Scott Young, Turgeon, Liut.

Man Med I am so happy for you...like seriously lol. You've been a fan for so long and had to endure quite a bit I imagine...and then tonight you get to go to the Garden and see your team beat the Boston Bruins...the Boston Bruins! What a feeling it must be.

Lasting memories for sure. :)

from listening to the whale lose in that 7th game against montreal, going to games in hartford and never beating the bruins.. to my trips to raleigh last 2 years.. what a ride its been... its all gravy from here on in.. thanks for starting this thread tsa.. Jim

THANKS!!! Beating Boston is Sooooooooooo Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No onto the ECF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're trying to make arrangements to come down for game 3 or game 4, I can't wait!!

-Gregg

Man Med I am so happy for you...like seriously lol. You've been a fan for so long and had to endure quite a bit I imagine...and then tonight you get to go to the Garden and see your team beat the Boston Bruins...the Boston Bruins! What a feeling it must be.

Lasting memories for sure. :)

Thank you. BTW when you get a chance, please read the blog, I am curious to hear what the great fans here think.

I love to write and have written a summary after every game since game 7 of the NJ series.

http://nhlthoughs.blogspot.com/''>http://nhlthoughs.blogspot.com/' target="_blank">http://nhlthoughs.blogspot.com/[/post]

appreciate it B) John

so after stealing Hartford's team, you rub their noses in it as well by trotting out the Brass Bonanza.....

you're just as bad as Phoenix trying to claim Winnipeg's traditions.....

carpet baggers....

If you've come here to talk hockey, that's great. We welcome you.

If you've come here to hurl insults and troll, your stay will be a short one. :)

What do the "Flyers Rule" besides the golf course???

Unfortunately, Flyers RULE (the troll formerly known as "Sid87") is no longer with us.

While no Hurricane will ever wear #3 again, the team needs to go ahead and formally retire the number. His name belongs in the rafters.

As I understand it, they won't retire his number because of the circumstances of his death.

Medford Man;

Wow, you take me back with those names. A little background: I'm a lifelong Chicagoan/big-time Blackhawks' fan, with no geographical connection to the Whale whatsoever. In the early '80's, though, shortly after the Whalers joined the NHL, I started taking a liking to them -- not because they were having any great success or anything, but maybe it was that underdog to the big, bad Bruins, "little engine that could" thing that put me squarely in their corner. Loved the jerseys, too, and in fact I still have a Ron Francis from about 1985. Granted, it doesn't fit exactly the same, but . . . well, you know how jerseys can, uh, shrink with time. Yeah, that's the ticket. But anyway, those epic playoff series with the Bruins and Canadiens in the mid-to-late '80's . . . I still picture Dave Babych blasting away from the blue line. Now, the Hawks will always be my team; no one else is close. But I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't still have a soft spot for the former Whale. I'm not sure I can look at them in exactly the same way (beating teams called the Devils and the Capitals - as good as they may be - doesn't have the same cache as beating teams called the Bruins and the Canadiens). Maybe that's just an old Original Six guy talking, I don't know. I'll tell you this, though: When the Canes were in Hartford, I was pulling for them just about as hard as for the Hawks. So of course, the irony here is that the Canes and Hawks just might be on a collision course. If the Hawks don't end up winning the Cup (and with the Wings squarely in the way, that's not likely) I'll certainly be behind the Canes. The memories, though . . . . . it's kind of neat that you guys have a section here for old farts like myself to reminisce about the Green. Ah . . . . . thanks for letting me ramble; you can go on with your day now.