The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Gonch55-ch1

I come in Peace!

Welcome and what a great desktop!

I cannot wait for this series to start. It's almost hard for me because I'm a die hard Caniac but most of my family was born/raised in Pitt so when we watch the games together it gets pretty intense. Anyway, I hope the best for both teams! Take care

Just beware once you step into a game day topic youll be called a troll even if you say good game lol

Thats a bit sarcastic but just keep your head up and watch out for sucker punches lol.

Refer to Aaron Ward for what not to do if your going to be punched ;)

Just beware once you step into a game day topic youll be called a troll even if you say good game lol

Thats a bit sarcastic but just keep your head up and watch out for sucker punches lol.

Refer to Aaron Ward for what not to do if your going to be punched ;)

I see no reason to apologize to the enemy. This is the playoffs. No matter how nice they look and act, they want our team to LOSE. I grant them no quarter.

hey canes fans. just wanted to say im excited as can be for this series. both of our team were dead in the water half way thru the season and they both kicked it into high gear to get where they are. The canes always give us a load of trouble so its going to be interesting to see how this goes. I am looking forward to having some heated debates with you guys and being called a troll and all that, altho im not nearly as bad as some guys can be lol. I got bored last night and made myself a new desktop for Staal vs Staal and figured id share it with you guys as well. GL to you guys cuz this is gonna be fun!

ffbe9u.jpg

Glad to have ya mate......welcome to the new South and OUR hockey tradition......before we get started, congrats to your team for getting to the ECF........also after 10 years here, Id say 99% of the Huricane fans are pretty knowledgeable about the sport..........so before we hear any of that *edit* from pens fans please be advised......also, please refer to the latest census and you will see the relocation rate from Pittsburgh to Raleigh weighs havily in our favour.......however, Pittsburgh is a beautiful city................lest talk hockey and leave that other nonsense and baiting to cities like Buffalo, NY and Boston. Cheers

Glad to have ya mate......welcome to the new South and OUR hockey tradition......before we get started, congrats to your team for getting to the ECF........also after 10 years here, Id say 99% of the Huricane fans are pretty knowledgeable about the sport..........so before we hear any of that *edit* from pens fans please be advised......also, please refer to the latest census and you will see the relocation rate from Pittsburgh to Raleigh weighs havily in our favour.......however, Pittsburgh is a beautiful city................lest talk hockey and leave that other nonsense and baiting to cities like Buffalo, NY and Boston. Cheers

Let the fun begin!! Should be a great series.... already sick of hearing about staal on staal ha ha.

I see no reason to apologize to the enemy. This is the playoffs. No matter how nice they look and act, they want our team to LOSE. I grant them no quarter.

Was a warning not an apology :P Regardless he comes in peace and he'll leave in pieces

Raleigh Pens fan here. Welcome to the boards. I'm so thrilled because either way I'm going to have a team in the SCF. B)

I'm going to game 4, and of course I will be pulling for the Pens. I'm just hoping the Blackhawks beat the Deadwings. I'm so sick of those guys!

It should be a great series, and I will pull for whomever wins in the SCF.

Let's Go PENS!

Go Canes!

Another Pens fan here, but a Canes fan too. This seems to be starting out in good spirit and I hope it continues. I get so tired of Philly type "fans" and their crude comments ("Cindy su*ks" and the like). I just want to see two good clubs have a long and exciting series. Let's keep the refs' influence to a minimum and may the best team win and go on to win the cup.

hey canes fans. just wanted to say im excited as can be for this series. both of our team were dead in the water half way thru the season and they both kicked it into high gear to get where they are. The canes always give us a load of trouble so its going to be interesting to see how this goes. I am looking forward to having some heated debates with you guys and being called a troll and all that, altho im not nearly as bad as some guys can be lol. I got bored last night and made myself a new desktop for Staal vs Staal and figured id share it with you guys as well. GL to you guys cuz this is gonna be fun!

ffbe9u.jpg

yeah, Staal vs Staal is interesting...

But what about the other matchup that no ones talking about?

Tomlin vs Cowher anyone?

you know we are going to see both of them at the games wearing jerseys.

Ok, i guess its pointless, but it is kinda funny :)

Just signed up! Pens fan here.

Its good to play another hockey team with much more class and fans with more class and much more hockey knowledge than the flyers or caps.

How many times will we hear the Staal brother story in this series? im going with 45,000.

what tradition, you stole Hartford's.....

Shouldn't you be playing golf or robbing a liquor store or something? Troll.

It's great to have real Pens fans here! I'm looking forward to this series, it's sure to be a great one. I can't wait to see how our offenses match up.

Just signed up! Pens fan here.

Its good to play another hockey team with much more class and fans with more class and much more hockey knowledge than the flyers or caps.

How many times will we hear the Staal brother story in this series? im going with 45,000.

If 45,000 is the over / under. I'll take the over!

I watched the 2nd half of the boston/canes game last night.

Canes never quit. their forecheck and fighting for pucks behind the boston net was impressive.

Ward was solid and was never out of position.

Defense was ok. seemed like when the puck was behind the net behind Ward, there were some chances.

yeah, Staal vs Staal is interesting...

But what about the other matchup that no ones talking about?

Tomlin vs Cowher anyone?

you know we are going to see both of them at the games wearing jerseys

I'm not so sure it isn't Tomlin AND Cowher. I doubt you'll see Cowher wear a jersey. Yes, I know he's friends and cranked the siren, and gave a motivational speech to the Canes.

However, I saw him at only one game this year, and it vs Pens. Hummmm?

what tradition, you stole Hartford's.....

Cry me a river..here we go again.....may I remind you that professional sports is a BUSINESS......better watch out, with Philadelphias decling population and crumbling infrastructure the NHL may have a new team in 5 years called the Charlotte Flyers. Cheers...............

But TSA, sometimes it's just plain fun. :P

The fun only lasts so long with lowly flyer trolls.....trust me, Pens fan here and we ahve deal with them WAY too much on our board....as for this series, Def. coming down to Cam Ward in my opinion.....I'm not sure I have ever seen him play "poorly", like maybe we have seen Fluery play, he is either real good or unreal....

The fun only lasts so long with lowly flyer trolls.....trust me, Pens fan here and we ahve deal with them WAY too much on our board....as for this series, Def. coming down to Cam Ward in my opinion.....I'm not sure I have ever seen him play "poorly", like maybe we have seen Fluery play, he is either real good or unreal....

I'll go with "unreal" (in a good way!) :) I believe, statistically, he is currently the best goalie in the playoffs. (I loved how he could barely wipe that smile off his face, immediately after the game, when Tripp was set to interview him.)