The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Gonch55-ch1

I come in Peace!

Even the league admitted there was no intent to injure on that play, but they suspended Orpiks 3 games anyway for the reckless hit.

That was back in the day.... Orpik lost 3 games pay and it was less than 10 grand. Heh.

As for this series, if Cole is on the Staal line, he will see Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi almost exclusively. Orpik is leading the playoffs in hits (well Bfyuglien passed him by a couple after the game yesterday) , so I hope he does continue being physical. He has a lot of hits, but I don't remember any of them being huge hits. More like just finishing off his checks.

We have some hitters too........one thing you will learn quickly, like NJ and Boston did.......this Hurricane team will not be intimidated.....in fact I hope they come physical.................southern hospitality only goes so far mate.

OK........to display that image in the first place hmm...........

honestly i wasnt even thinking about it when i put it in my signature because hes 1 of my favorite players. i use this signature on almost every message board i use that allows signatures, I totally forgot about the whole Cole hit. i havent started anything or caused issues with anyone. ive been nice and polite minding my manners while here so far. im here to talk about the ECF not about what happened 3-4 years ago.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....hold on...let me catch my breath after reading this.

Ok, got my composure and am ready...I jsut forgot how ABSOLUTEKY DOMINANT the Pens are.....NOT.

Isn't this the same Pens team that was not even in contention for the playoffs until late in the season....just like the Canes.

Took 7 games to beat a Caps team with poor goaltending and questionable defense.

I know all of the talking heads want Crosby in the Finals....and have began all of the heavy doses this week.

This is a gritty, experienced, and character filled Canes team. We want our backs against the wall....we play better that way.

This series definitely goes 7 games...and we all know what happens in Game 7 for the Canes.

Pens will be start the off-season wondering what could have been...as the Canes ride into the Cup Finals.

Oh yeah, because that post clearly conveyed how I believing that the Pens are DOMINANT over the Canes and all other teams in the east. You're reading and comprehension skills seem to be a bit lacking in the early morning.

I said I believe the team matches up better against the Canes than the Canes match up against the Pens, which I do.

And yes, this team was in 10th place going into a game Feb. 15th against the Islanders. Don't forget, since that time, we have added veteran wingers Guerin and Kunitz, have regained the services of one of the top 3 power-play quarterbacks in the league in Gonchar. All of the minor injuries we had (including the ones bothering Crosby) have pretty much healed and we are now better coached and play in a system far more designed for the skill on this team. Which is why we were able to come back and grab home ice in the quarter finals... Like the 'Canes couldn't.

I have to say though, some people on here whine as much about how everyone has thrown them under the bus as the 'underdog' in the series as much as Flyers fans whine that the refs are out to get you. Most people would pick the regular season champ of the eastern conference over the 6th seed who made it in by a couple points. I personally didn't. Go to the Pens board and the 'Around the league' forum. Go to the 'Locked in Play-off picks' thread and check my picks. I've had Carolina and Pittsburgh the whole way. Talk about having an un-warranted chip on most of your collective shoulders.

And as for the Caps, the goaltending that was seen in the first 5 games of that series is the best the league has seen all season. We, as Pens fans expect to see no better at any point from Cam Ward.

Please respond with one liners. I'm dense.

And wait until after the series to start spouting about who is going to the conference finals. I said my 'pick' is Pittsburgh in 5. Not that that is the decisive out-come.

And as for the Caps, the goaltending that was seen in the first 5 games of that series is the best the league has seen all season. .

Says who ? And if you are refering to the Caps they pulled Theodore after the 1st game.

And if you are refering to MAF I can say there were other goalies around the league that would argue that. Tim Thomas had most of the top stats during the playoffs

And wait until after the series to start spouting about who is going to the conference finals. I said my 'pick' is Pittsburgh in 5. Not that that is the decisive out-come.

Do you think you're playing the Caps again tonight? Last I heard we are IN the conference finals. :rolleyes:

The Caps pulled Theodore in the Rangers series. Varlamov was in net for the whole Penguins series right up till he got ousted in Game 7.

As for the Cole/Orpik situation. I have a cousin (distant) who plays for the Hurricanes. He got hurt on that play. (Not saying who... :unsure: ) So I was kinda caught in the middle of the whole thing. On one hand, the guy doing the hitting plays for the team I've been following since 1989. The guy who got hit... is related to me (distant cousin, bear in mind)... Obviously my first concern was for... the guy who got hit. But after watching the replay about a billion times, it looked to me like he turned just before the hit and put himself in that position. Clearly it was a reckless hit by Orpik, but I don't think he was trying to paralyze Cole. Anyway, as stated above, this isn't the place to discuss that hit. If the tables were turned, and a Penguin had gotten injured in such a manner, I'm sure our fans would be slow to get over it as well.

Time for dinner and a hockey game. Good luck to all involved. Here's to an exciting, injury-free series.

Go Pens!

Oh yeah, because that post clearly conveyed how I believing that the Pens are DOMINANT over the Canes and all other teams in the east. You're reading and comprehension skills seem to be a bit lacking in the early morning.

I said I believe the team matches up better against the Canes than the Canes match up against the Pens, which I do.

And yes, this team was in 10th place going into a game Feb. 15th against the Islanders. Don't forget, since that time, we have added veteran wingers Guerin and Kunitz, have regained the services of one of the top 3 power-play quarterbacks in the league in Gonchar. All of the minor injuries we had (including the ones bothering Crosby) have pretty much healed and we are now better coached and play in a system far more designed for the skill on this team. Which is why we were able to come back and grab home ice in the quarter finals... Like the 'Canes couldn't.

I have to say though, some people on here whine as much about how everyone has thrown them under the bus as the 'underdog' in the series as much as Flyers fans whine that the refs are out to get you. Most people would pick the regular season champ of the eastern conference over the 6th seed who made it in by a couple points. I personally didn't. Go to the Pens board and the 'Around the league' forum. Go to the 'Locked in Play-off picks' thread and check my picks. I've had Carolina and Pittsburgh the whole way. Talk about having an un-warranted chip on most of your collective shoulders.

And as for the Caps, the goaltending that was seen in the first 5 games of that series is the best the league has seen all season. We, as Pens fans expect to see no better at any point from Cam Ward.

Please respond with one liners. I'm dense.

you dont provide much backing to your pick other than the Pens have played 13 games in the postseason, the Canes have played 14 and the Pens are healthy. You can pick the Pens in 3 and no one will have a problem with it as long you back it up with some sort of relevant analysis, homer.

Here's to an exciting, injury-free series.
That would be something in and of itself as, even with the Cole hit aside, the Igloo has been a House of Horrors for the Canes in recent years on the injury front.

honestly i wasnt even thinking about it when i put it in my signature because hes 1 of my favorite players. i use this signature on almost every message board i use that allows signatures, I totally forgot about the whole Cole hit. i havent started anything or caused issues with anyone. ive been nice and polite minding my manners while here so far. im here to talk about the ECF not about what happened 3-4 years ago.

Thats OK mate.........an honest mistake.....Crosby is the better reference anyway........good luck tonite..cheers

God, you all had to talk about the Cole hit....and look what happens.

Will the league do anything about that knee to knee hit?...No, I can guarantee it. Though I wish they would. But that's worth a whole different thread.

God, you all had to talk about the Cole hit....and look what happens.

Will the league do anything about that knee to knee hit?...No, I can guarantee it. Though I wish they would. But that's worth a whole different thread.

We all know how the game is 'played' if the Crosby name is associated with it...Canes will overcome on fleet-footed skates and goaltending.

Let me add the Sidney has matured....but this and he's still Bettman's baby...

Peace or no peace, Matt Cooke is selfish *BLANK* who has NEVER been able to stay in one place during his career. I hate him, I hate the Penguins, I hate Mellon Arena, and I hate the entire NHL and accompanying media who stay on their knees for Crosby and his magical team 24/7. It takes away so badly from the great game that hockey is. I honestly hope we can beat the Pens just so the NHL can choke on all of its incestful love for the franchise.

And as for Pens fans, stop coming to our board. You don't see us over on your board, whether we're polite or not. A few chats are fine, but you've downright seeded yourselves here, posting new topics and messages left and right. Stop it, go home, and good luck to you in this hopefully thrilling series.

Go 'Canes.

Peace or no peace, Matt Cooke is selfish *BLANK* who has NEVER been able to stay in one place during his career. I hate him, I hate the Penguins, I hate Mellon Arena, and I hate the entire NHL and accompanying media who stay on their knees for Crosby and his magical team 24/7. It takes away so badly from the great game that hockey is. I honestly hope we can beat the Pens just so the NHL can choke on all of its incestful love for the franchise.

And as for Pens fans, stop coming to our board. You don\'t see us over on your board, whether we\'re polite or not. A few chats are fine, but you\'ve downright seeded yourselves here, posting new topics and messages left and right. Stop it, go home, and good luck to you in this hopefully thrilling series.

Go \'Canes.

Yes, play nice indeed.

Peace be with you..

And also with you..

610x.jpg