The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Gonch55-ch1

I come in Peace!

Just signed up! Pens fan here.

Its good to play another hockey team with much more class and fans with more class and much more hockey knowledge than the flyers or caps.

How many times will we hear the Staal brother story in this series? im going with 45,000.

i'd rather listen to them talk about the Staal brothers than the Mannings.

Peace?? You want us to lose. This is a war and you are the enemy. No need to discuss pros and cons. We wil see it played out on the ice. This thread is hypocritical by its title.

I won't stoop to childish insults. Neither will I engage in playful banter as if we have anything to discuss that has any effect on the outcome of the games. I don't wish good luck to any team other than my own. Only to injury free hockey and consistent officiating (Oxymoron Alert)

10 pages of "Peace Talks". And I have just wasted some of my valuable time responding. I hope you take the Canes lightly like all the media. See where that gets you. Jersey and Boston have. :blink:

Just my opinion.

Believe it or not, some hockey fans just like talking hockey with other fans. Only 3 of my buddies who I watch hockey with are Pens fans, and one's a Pittsburgh/Montreal split.

And I wasn't a complete waste of time, I'd lol at the Officiating comment. :lol:

I can vouch for him. It isn't.

Also, I guess I should give my prediction.

Pens in 5; This isn't a knock on your team, but having watched almost all the games from the Eastern Conference play-offs, I see Pittsburgh as more fit to win this series. Our secondary scorers (actually, everyone out-side of Sidney Crosby) were barely touched last round. We had an unfortunate miss-hap with the Ovechkin knee-on-knee to Gonchar, but other than that, few players on our team have been targeted and few have had to face the rigors that most of the 'Canes line up has. Even Malkin.

I also believe that as a team we match-up better and the extra days rest should do us very well.

Because of those factors, the series all comes down the 'Canes goaltending. If Cam Ward can shut the door like he has against the Pens in the past, this could be a Carolina. Although again, I don't expect to see any more from Ward than what we saw out of Varlamov for 5 of the 7 games we just played.

How the team reacts to Orpik is a big factor. Getting penalties on him after he delivers hits or clears out the front of the net could be a dagger to your team. It's our hope (as Pens fans) that the grudge is still there. For the Hurricanes sake, the coaching staff better be telling the team that the Eastern Conference Final is nowhere to act upon grudges or even up any old scores.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....hold on...let me catch my breath after reading this.

Ok, got my composure and am ready...I jsut forgot how ABSOLUTEKY DOMINANT the Pens are.....NOT.

Isn't this the same Pens team that was not even in contention for the playoffs until late in the season....just like the Canes.

Took 7 games to beat a Caps team with poor goaltending and questionable defense.

I know all of the talking heads want Crosby in the Finals....and have began all of the heavy doses this week.

This is a gritty, experienced, and character filled Canes team. We want our backs against the wall....we play better that way.

This series definitely goes 7 games...and we all know what happens in Game 7 for the Canes.

Pens will be start the off-season wondering what could have been...as the Canes ride into the Cup Finals.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....hold on...let me catch my breath after reading this.

Ok, got my composure and am ready...I jsut forgot how ABSOLUTEKY DOMINANT the Pens are.....NOT.

Isn't this the same Pens team that was not even in contention for the playoffs until late in the season....just like the Canes.

Took 7 games to beat a Caps team with poor goaltending and questionable defense.

I know all of the talking heads want Crosby in the Finals....and have began all of the Knob Slobbering in heavy doses this week.

This is a gritty, experienced, and character filled Canes team. We want our backs against the wall....we play better that way.

This series definitely goes 7 games...and we all know what happens in Game 7 for the Canes.

Pens will be start the off-season wondering what could have been...as the Canes ride into the Cup Finals.

Please take notice of the title of this thread "I come in Peace"

Please take notice of the title of this thread "I come in Peace"

Well, actually on that note, that great sci flick "I Come In Peace" was this huge alien that actually would say , "I Come In Peace" but was a very nasty creature............alterior motives too..........good flick tho.............

Well, actually on that note, that great sci flick "I Come In Peace" was this huge alien that actually would say , "I Come In Peace" but was a very nasty creature............alterior motives too..........good flick tho.............

If and when the tides turn, we'll be on it ;)

lol i believe you are referring to Mars Attacks. they would run around shooting humans while saying "We Come in Peace"

lol i believe you are referring to Mars Attacks. they would run around shooting humans while saying "We Come in Peace"

Wrong.........heres the trailer..cool movie........its on youtube............alien guy is huge......cheers

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Will somebody please warn Crosby that if any Hurricane player scores a hat trick that there WILL be hats thrown on the ice, so he shouldn't bother asking the ref to make us stop!

I still can't think/talk about that stunt in Washington without laughing uncontrollably.

Will somebody please warn Crosby that if any Hurricane player scores a hat trick that there WILL be hats thrown on the ice, so he shouldn't bother asking the ref to make us stop!

I still can't think/talk about that stunt in Washington without laughing uncontrollably.

everyone is making way to big of a deal about this

That was hilarious, whether it was overblown or not.

Yeah, the full story is, there were 3 waves of hats thrown. After the 2nd wave of hats were thrown and the ice was cleared off, people threw more. That's when Sidney opened his mouth. (Which he probably shouldn't have... but he had a point, the game was being slowed down a LOT)

Not defending him on that one, really. But you should know it wasn't just because people threw hats, it was that they were still throwing them well after the ice had already been cleaned up.

I think that he was just worried about there being no hats left for him when he scored his HT a few minutes later. He did get one lonely little solitary hat thrown for him when he did score it.

I never understood the whole hat throwing deal. Do they give them to charity or to the player? Who wants a crusty old used hat anyway? Not to mention that some of the hats run in the 30-50 dollar range.

Due to health concerns, most hockey teams have the hats destroyed afterward. There is a minor league team that displays their hats in the hallways of their arena. Can't remember which one, tho.

Yeah, the full story is, there were 3 waves of hats thrown. After the 2nd wave of hats were thrown and the ice was cleared off, people threw more. That's when Sidney opened his mouth. (Which he probably shouldn't have... but he had a point, the game was being slowed down a LOT)

Not defending him on that one, really. But you should know it wasn't just because people threw hats, it was that they were still throwing them well after the ice had already been cleaned up.

I know it wasn't just because they were throwing hats. Sometimes it just takes longer for the hats from those of us in the nosebleed sections to reach the ice. And I know if it happened in Pittsburgh, their fans wouldn't show any more restraint than the folks in Washington did, either.

Wrong.........heres the trailer..cool movie........its on youtube............alien guy is huge......cheers

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

:lol: I remember that movie. A quintessential cheesy 80s action flick. Dolph Lundgren rules!

We shouldn't throw any hats on the ice, I don't care if 5 of our players score hat tricks. We don't want to upset Ms Cindy. Just look what happened to the Caps after that.

everyone is making way to big of a deal about this

Thought id mention this picture of orpik is not really appreciated by many 'Canes fans.............your thoughts and actions if any?

Whatever, it was still funny. :lol:

Again......gonch....having an image attached to your posts of Bruce Orpik does not fare well with the natives.........Cole is very popular here in Raleigh and many have not forgoten that hit orpick put on him that could have paralyzed the guy......

I really think the Orpik thing is past history. There may be a few folks that hold some grudge but IMO, and based upon the games I attended vs the Penns this year, there really isn't much to talk about here. So, really doesn't bother me. Besides, head hunting in the playoffs doesn't happen often.

We shouldn't throw any hats on the ice, I don't care if 5 of our players score hat tricks. We don't want to upset Ms Cindy. Just look what happened to the Caps after that.

I plan on throwing a sombrero, areeba!

As for this series, if Cole is on the Staal line, he will see Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi almost exclusively. Orpik is leading the playoffs in hits (well Bfyuglien passed him by a couple after the game yesterday) , so I hope he does continue being physical. He has a lot of hits, but I don't remember any of them being huge hits. More like just finishing off his checks.

Even the league admitted there was no intent to injure on that play, but they suspended Orpiks 3 games anyway for the reckless hit.

That was back in the day.... Orpik lost 3 games pay and it was less than 10 grand. Heh.

Heh Huh? Cole lost the rest of his season and could have been paralyzed. I don't give you know what about the leagues inconsistent application of injury penalties.

NO- we have not forgotten the event. I may be nothing toY'all as you were on the giving end of the action.

Come in Peace? Not hardly

Heh Huh? Cole lost the rest of his season and could have been paralyzed. I don't give you know what about the leagues inconsistent application of injury penalties.

NO- we have not forgotten the event. I may be nothing toY'all as you were on the giving end of the action.

Come in Peace? Not hardly

Agreed. This is not the board to come to defending that hit.

And yes, it is a sensative subject so all guests here need to respect that.