The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mhs1102

Superstitions

I have had VERY similar results with this part of it...it was with about 3 minutes left in the game that I put my jersey on....just saying...

Nobody can call me crazy on this one... it works.

Every time I put it on when we're losing, we win.

Creepy stuff, but don't go messing with the mojo.

Game 7 1st Round vs NJ.

My GF, dog and I are watching the game at home like we do all away games (spend to much on home games to go to a cool bar for aways games!)

We dont always wear jerseys for away games, all depends on how we feel, how the team looks etc.

5-6 minutes left in the 3rd and i began to get worried. At the commercial break I looked at her and said...ok "jersey up" we need this.

I put my jersey on, my hat on, grabbed a few rally towels and then put the dogs on(yes his jersey) My girlfriend put her jersey on, and the temporary tats on her face.

We all know how the last 2 minutes of that game turned out.

Your Welcome. LOL

GO CANES

Wash my Canes hoodie at the beginning of the season. Wash it again when our season is over. Then I put it up for the summer.

My co-workers hate it when we get this far.

If you tell your stupidstitions, they you get rid of the mojo.

K

I have a red couch in the living room. I was sitting by the left arm during Game 7 vs NJ, but moved over to the right arm with about 3:00 left in the 3rd period. Enough said.

im in CA and I am usually stuck at work till 545 Pacific time, by the time I get home and tune to the game, it is usually in the 3rd period about 10 mins to go..esp this year, game 2, game 4, game 7 of Devils series and game 3 of the Boston series. I usually see only one goal and that would decide the game..(Juice scored on 3 of those games :lol: ) the other games during sat and sundays, I listen to chuck till the puck drop and would sit in that exact corner of the couch..so my future routine is going to be get home when it is tied and hope the Canes get 1

My daughter and I have worn the exact same outfits that we wore to game 4 of round 1 to all of the home games since, pants and all layers of shirts included. I told her that we had to do this because the clothes had Canes winning luck in them.

Last night when we parked my daughter saw a rock she liked. She picked it up and said it could be the Canes lucky rock. I attempted to dissuede her to no avail and she put the rock under the back end of the car. When we got back to the car after the OT win, there was the now truly lucky rock still under the car. So, into the car the positive mojo rock went and under the back bumper it will be on Friday night at the RBC :P .

My daughter and I have worn the exact same outfits that we wore to game 4 of round 1 to all of the home games since, pants and all layers of shirts included. I told her that we had to do this because the clothes had Canes winning luck in them.

For 3 years now, I have worn the exact outfit to every game. Every game I've gone to and worn that outfit, we've won. Let's win today eh? :)

Did anyone else catch this. In between the 1st and 2nd intermission, they had a Time Warner ad for Cable, Phone and Internet. They called their internet service "The Roadrunner" and sure enough he went BEEP BEEP. I was almost floored by it. They played basically the same commercial a few other times without the BEEP BEEP.

The BEEP BEEP has new life.

I actually played the original BEEP BEEP song on my phone prior to the game. 1st time this year. I also wore my Fiji Rugby Union shirt (Macka) thing. I think everytime I wore it previously we won, I kept blotting stains out of so I wouldn't wash it. Then I got ice cream and other stuff on it, so I got carried away with blotting the stains and ended up hand washing it. I then wore it for game 5, we lost, I know all my fault. Well I pulled it back out and wore it last night and the MOJO was back.

I also played raquetball in the afternoon opposed to the morning, I rarely play in the afternoon, but all three times I have we won, and two of them were game sevens.

Also had Pecan Pie (a southern thing) last night during the game, opposed to the blueberry I had for game 6.

All that stuff together made for a great win in game 7

I know other had rituals and things they did what are they.

I know Smiling Bob must be happy, because I am sure all the Caniacs woke up with a little extra "Swollen Pride" this morning

The original

View at your own risk. Hearing that annoying BEEP BEEP has been known to cause people to don white bath robes and giant red curly hair wigs. :lol:

Anything is better than those "Best Damn Sports Show Period" commercials they showed every 15 seconds!! If i hear Kobe sing "Do you know the tickle man" one more time, im gonna puke!! :mad:

I hear you on that one, I hate that part of the commercial. I wished they would take his "Tickle Man" out of it, and show more of Carmen Electra shaking her booty.

I bet Smilin Bob likes that part also :)

GO CANES !!!

Anything is better than those "Best Damn Sports Show Period" commercials they showed every 15 seconds!! If i hear Kobe sing "Do you know the tickle man" one more time, im gonna puke!! :mad:

AMEN!! That, and Rex Hospital seriously needs a new commercial.

But hey, anything is better than the disgusting KFC "Its like you've known me forever" chicken bowls commercials. Disgusting and creepy. And I obviously can't forget them, as hard as I try! :huh:

AMEN!! That, and Rex Hospital seriously needs a new commercial.

But hey, anything is better than the disgusting KFC "Its like you've known me forever" chicken bowls commercials. Disgusting and creepy. And I obviously can't forget them, as hard as I try! :huh:

The Quiznos commercials with the creepy talking oven are worse. I was definitely disappointed when those showed back up.

Neighborhood kids and I made a Canes sign to hang on the garage Sunday afternoon before game 5...loss

Left sign up Monday but took it down right before start of game 6...loss

Asked hubby and kids to have a ceremony and burn the sign in our fireplace last night before game...Pens here we come!

Clearly we will have an artwork-free weekend!

Last night when we parked my daughter saw a rock she liked. She picked it up and said it could be the Canes lucky rock. I attempted to dissuede her to no avail and she put the rock under the back end of the car. When we got back to the car after the OT win, there was the now truly lucky rock still under the car. So, into the car the positive mojo rock went and under the back bumper it will be on Friday night at the RBC :P .

What kinda car is that?

Heh heh heh. ;)

The Quiznos commercials with the creepy talking oven are worse. I was definitely disappointed when those showed back up.

Is that the commercial where the oven says to the guy, "put it in me" or something like that? Yeah, that commercial pretty much keeps me from ever wanting to buy a sub there ever again. It amazes me that there are people that actually sit in a room somewhere and come up with this stuff, and think it's actually a good idea. I'll go to Quiznos and tell the counter person, "Yeah, the horny talking oven in your commercial convinced me to buy one of your sandwiches"! :rolleyes:

Is that the commercial where the oven says to the guy, "put it in me" or something like that? Yeah, that commercial pretty much keeps me from ever wanting to buy a sub there ever again. It amazes me that there are people that actually sit in a room somewhere and come up with this stuff, and think it's actually a good idea. I'll go to Quiznos and tell the counter person, "Yeah, the horny talking oven in your commercial convinced me to buy one of your sandwiches"! :rolleyes:

Yeah those are the ones. One also included the wonderful line of "no it burned last time" or something to that effect.

All I wanna know if when is Jeff Dunham and Keith Urban gonna come to the RBC already?? Seems like these shows have been advertised for 8 months!!!

Yesterday I happened to run across my copy of the N&O newspaper from June 20 2006 after we won the cup (with Brindy holding the cup, the headlines IT'S OURS). Hadn't seen it in ages, just ran across it by accident. Last night, i gently placed it on my ottoman while watching the game. I rubbed my hand across the picture of the Cup several times during the third period and during OT.........and now i think i have a new superstition.

Of course, my cowbell was next to it. I'm convinced that helped as well.....

Hey guys. Don't let the name fool you I am only a jinx at work. I have came across an amazing and quite weird phenomenon Thursday night. For the last three times I wore my Brindy tee, 'Canes earrings, and a certain pair of jeans we have won that game. Now I did not wear the ensemble for games 5 and 6 becaue my daughter who is 5 was in the hospital and I didn't get a chance to do laundry. So of course testing my theory based on games 2, 3, & 4 I decided to get out the lucky stuff (I call it my mojo) and behold another victory. So dang skippy I am wearing the exact same stuff the rest of the way. Lets hope the mojo does its job from here on out.