The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
luvmycanes

Whose doing the Play-by-play on Versus tonight?

Ric Flair and Forslund get the call tonight

Woooo....wooo..woooo! Thats another Caroli...........

I hope it's Doc Emrick. He could make a dump in for a line change sound exciting. And in all my years of watching him, he has not once shown an ounce of homer-ism. Granted, I don't get the Devils broadcasts of their games, so he might there. Best play by play man in the business with Mike Lange of the Pens as a close runner up.

I hope it's Doc Emrick. He could make a dump in for a line change sound exciting. And in all my years of watching him, he has not once shown an ounce of homer-ism. Granted, I don't get the Devils broadcasts of their games, so he might there. Best play by play man in the business with Mike Lange of the Pens as a close runner up.

I heard Joe Beninati of the Washington Capitals as the announcer, the color guy I didn't hear. Chuck Kaiton hands down over Lange. This is a Canes site. :)

As I said before, it'll probably be Joe Beninati. Doc Emrick will probably stick with the Detroit-Chicago series since the NHL doesn't care about us. They hate us so bad, they're willing to pass up their precious Sidney Crosby* just to deny us an NBC game!

EDIT: The above post apparently confirms what I just said. He's the #2 guy for Versus, I believe.

*Don't take any offense to that, Penguins fans... I'm just irritated at how much the NHL is obsessed with him, and how much it's making teams like us get overlooked. He's definitely a great player and you're lucky to have him, but even you guys have to admit that they take the love too far.

As I said before, it'll probably be Joe Beninati. Doc Emrick will probably stick with the Detroit-Chicago series since the NHL doesn't care about us. They hate us so bad, they're willing to pass up their precious Sidney Crosby* just to deny us an NBC game!

EDIT: The above post apparently confirms what I just said. He's the #2 guy for Versus, I believe.

*Don't take any offense to that, Penguins fans... I'm just irritated at how much the NHL is obsessed with him, and how much it's making teams like us get overlooked. He's definitely a great player and you're lucky to have him, but even you guys have to admit that they take the love too far.

You shouldn't want to be on NBC. The Canes don't seem to have the name recognition that would keep Pierre Maguire and Mike Milbury from spewing rhetoric about Crosby for the entire length of the broadcasts. And I hear WAAAAY to much about him even though he is a great player. I tolerate the media infatuation with him as much as I do because his presence does some important things for my mental health. Such as get a new arena built, keep the team in town and put money in the team war chest to fill out the roster.

I can only take so much Pierre Maguire and Mike Milbury......

You see, Bettman and friends? Even Penguins fans themselves agree that Crosby gets way too much attention. Show love to teams like us that are making a magical playoff run... who cares if our market is smaller? Isn't that what sports is about... seeing the little guys succeed? I don't like to think of us as "little guys", but Raleigh is no Pittsburgh or Philadelphia or New York or Chicago, so in that sense, we are. Except for our economy, which is better than all of those cities. B)

Look at me saying "we"... I'm getting ahead of myself here. I'm so excited about moving there later in the year that I'm forgetting about the fact that I'm still stuck down here in Fayetteville for the time being. :(

The only thing I like about NBC over Versus is the NBS crews seem to know how to follow the play and not the puck. Versus follows the puck too much and you loose insight on the play. I hate Mike Milbury and I'm still pissed at McGuire for wearing that dam tie with the Oilers colors for Game 7 of the 06 Cup Run.

I'd rather have NBC for the sole fact that I get it free in HD. Nothing beats hockey in HD, it's spectacular! Versus camerawork is just awful, as well. As far as commentary goes, I'm going to try to sync up Chuck Kaiton with the cable feed... wish me luck!

Once it gets to the Conference finals, there is only one game per day.. the finals alternate days. So Versus is able to carry every game. Local TV (well, FSC) ended for us after the Boston series.

Chuck mentioned this morning that John will be in the booth with him during this series. Not sure if it will be all games or home games or what.

:( I'm not really a big fan of Joe Beninati. I miss Johnny already. Razor is an idiot sometimes and I can't really stand him, to be honest. Chuckie sounds like a good deal to synch up with, I guess.

I can't say I don't like Joe Benanati, but the Razor gives me heartburn. I tolerate Christine Simpson, although she does a pretty good job on Captains Driven on NHL Network.

Benanati isn't a bad announcer; his voice just irritates me (like nails on a chalkboard) for some reason. Razor drives me nuts. And I didn't have a problem with Simpson until I saw her go all swoony over Crosby in an interview. She acted like a teenage girl and I want the reporters representing us girls to be a little less...stereotypical.

We are in Raleigh so this may be easier for us, but we've muted the TV and have Chuck and John on the radio. Although there is a slight delay it is so much easier to listen to without all that background noise. But watching a Best Buy commercial and listening to Ray's wife was weird.

I like Razor... his use of big words is hilarious. Just another reason why Dallas is my Western ally. :)