The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hammer131

Tripp Tracey

It was pretty bad when Tripp was interviewing Jussi after game 7. He got the name of the town he was born in AND the time difference between the countries wrong. They need to do their research :unsure:

He explained that he said "Helsinki" because if he had said "Oulu," most people wouldn't know what he was talking about. How many people not from Finland know what time it is in Finland? He came within an hour; I'd say that's pretty decent. But sometimes you gotta wonder what exactly they taught Tripper at Harvard.

He explained that he said "Helsinki" because if he had said "Oulu," most people wouldn't know what he was talking about. How many people not from Finland know what time it is in Finland? He came within an hour; I'd say that's pretty decent. But sometimes you gotta wonder what exactly they taught Tripper at Harvard.

It is probably not what they taught him, but what he learned. Tripp is a lot of fun and very entertaining. He get annoying sometimes, but who doesn't. After watching a lot of games on center ice, I feel very lucky to have Tripp and John doing the Canes games.

As long as Peter Karmanos owns this team, Tripp is our color guy, like it or not. He was Jason's roommate at Harvard. No sense complaining when it's not gonna do you any good.

What a surprise: Tripp is the poster child for "It's not what you know, it's whom you know." It's always been obvious to me that he takes orders from JR and JK, because he goes too far in trying to put their version of reality out there (look no further than Anton Babchuk). Now that I know why he has the job, I'm not surprised.

That said, the others who have noted how bad it gets in other markets have a good point. Tripp aside, we have it pretty good here, whether you're talking TV or radio.

It's always been obvious to me that he takes orders from JR and JK, because he goes too far in trying to put their version of reality out there (look no further than Anton Babchuk). Now that I know why he has the job, I'm not surprised.

He probably does take orders from JR,PK, and JK since they sign the checks.

I agree. Tripp is not bad at all when you consider what else is out there. I could not stand watching the game last night on Versus for a multitude of reasons (e.g. was the camera guy drunk?).

I agree. Tripp is not bad at all when you consider what else is out there. I could not stand watching the game last night on Versus for a multitude of reasons (e.g. was the camera guy drunk?).

I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was some of the worst camera work for a hockey game that I've ever seen for last night's game. They kept trying to zoom in on the play. I think the camera zoomed in and out more than it went side-to-side to follow the puck. Probably half the game the puck was off-screen. I was sitting there just waiting for a goal to be scored while the cameraman was following an imaginary puck in the opposite direction so you wouldn't even see it happen. Plus they kept switching between camera views so quickly it probably made some people have seizures.

Note to all hockey TV crews: You keep the view as large as possible while play is going, and only use a close-up for replays when play has stopped. The goal of filming hockey is not to keep the puck centered on the screen, but to let the viewers see the play that is going on - both with the puck and away from it. The puck moves too dang quick to follow it around by itself. That means you actually have to show players who aren't near the puck but who are setting the play up, too. When done correctly it almost can feel like you're at the game when watching.

I hate NBC with a passion, but I have to give credit to their camera crews who actually realize that's how you work a hockey game. FSC does a good job, too (another reason we Canes fans are lucky), but by far the best work I've seen is NBC and some of the feeds from Canadian stations.

I'll tip my hat to Forslund last night. I thought he was exceptional and even took our part when his Side Kick ( whoever that Dude was ) kept making it seem early like we were completely overmatched. John reminded him a couple of times that we had the same start against the Devils. Huge win. Series On. Didn't mean to get the wolves out after Tripp. I personally just get a little frustrated with him when we are losing and he goes overboard on the other Team's players. I felt he was sliding

there in Game One. But he seems to have a lot of loyalty towards him on this Board and yes I know and have known he is not going anywhere. So maybe I should have nixed the post. Not that Bruins players didn't deserve alot of praise Game One. We played a pretty soft and lack of passion Game. Even Ward looked a little off. Last night entire different Canes Team. Cam Ward ruled. He was awesome and does any one else think Aaron Ward is kind of cheap. The only hard hit I saw in Game One was him on Cullen which I'm cool with but looked like he semi sucker punched him after the check. I've seen him go after some of our other players in Games past too. Not that he should play any different against us but seems like he gets a little extra chippy.

I'd take him anyday over the hack they had with John last night for game 2 v BOS.

I thought that Forslund and Brickey did a credible job last night. Fans without vested interests on hf boards seemed to think so also.

Tripp is OK, I watch alot of Center Ice, and he is better than some out there. Some of his statements are a little outlandish though. We actually played the Tripp Tracy drinking game the other night. Whenever he comments about a girl, texting, or food you have to drink. It was not one of his better night's for that as I only recall having to drink 3 times, ( I would drink alot more than that anyway) but we did shots :) I did call for one when he made the comment about Rutuu when he slamed the crossbar, Tripps comment was sometning along the line of "Rutuu making love to the pipes" Maybe that is why Rutuu coughed up that bad pass at center ice for a goal for Boston.

Keep Tripp

and

GO CANES !!!!

I'm not going to lie, there are some times when I think Tripp could tone it down. Hearing the color guy for Doc Emerick on MSG made me thankful we have Tripp. Tripp doesn't always shill for the Canes, and neither does John. That is what makes them a great team. They throw it out there when they don't think the team is playing to their potential. And when I watch John on VS it feels weird most of the time, except when he is with Eddie Olczyk, because Tripp isn't there. That said John is one of the best play by play voices in the league with or without Tripp.

tripp was on 850 the buzz this morning....he phrased the 80's song " everybody wang chung tonight". he said he hoped the canes will be doing some "wang chunging"....dude....now ya gotta love that. :blink::lol: i dont know what it means, but hopefully the boys will figure it out tonight at the RBC.

To me Forslund and Tripp have always been kinda like a double act, where Forslund is the straight man and Tripp is a buffoonish foil. In general it works but blowouts are always painful to watch when Tripp's mind starts to wander.

When they were interviewing Jussi after tonight's game (g3 vs BOS) and Tripp started to say something about Groundhog Day, I immediately thought, well, there's another Trippism, where the heck was he going with that? I just chalked it up to Tripp being his usual silly self.

Then, later, it dawned on me that he was alluding to Jussi waking up everyday to the same thing: scoring huge goals. I will honestly admit that it's the first time Tripp made me feel stupid, and I mean that as a compliment to him. :lol:

Not sure if this has been said, I didn't read all 5 pages of replys. But in one game this season, Tripp wished a Happy Birthday to his neice Katie Karmanos. So it sounds like he is married into the owners family. He's not going anywhere. I kinda like him, he keeps my attention to see what stupid thing he will say next. I like to hear Forslund shut him down sometimes when he gets off track.

Not sure if this has been said, I didn't read all 5 pages of replys. But in one game this season, Tripp wished a Happy Birthday to his neice Katie Karmanos. So it sounds like he is married into the owners family. He's not going anywhere. I kinda like him, he keeps my attention to see what stupid thing he will say next. I like to hear Forslund shut him down sometimes when he gets off track.

Tripp is not married and it was Kristi Karmanos's birthday, the wife of Karmanos Jr.

To me Forslund and Tripp have always been kinda like a double act, where Forslund is the straight man and Tripp is a buffoonish foil. In general it works but blowouts are always painful to watch when Tripp's mind starts to wander.

Does anyone know how many pucks to the head Tripp took while he was playing?? :lol:

Most of the time, I like him because he does have some insight into the game that even John doesn't have. But, yes, sometimes his wandering mind can be painful.