The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hammer131

Tripp Tracey

Tripp is not married and it was Kristi Karmanos's birthday, the wife of Karmanos Jr.

Everyone knows Tripp is single, because sometimes he discusses his dates during the game to John's utter dismay and disbelief. :lol:

I take back every bad word I've ever said about Tripp. Especially if the current trend continues. Game 7. All we hear about is Marty Brodeur. The Shark smells blood. He is feeling it now. He was in a Zone. I thought it was going to be impossible to score on this guy. Brodeur totally tanks. Gives up two late Goals and we are on to Round 2. For almost Two periods last night I actually thought Chara had turned into the second coming of Ray Bourke. But a Bionic version. They had built him bigger, faster and stronger. Then near the end of the second period he too became Mortal. In Over Time Samsonov undresses him the Juice grabs the rebound and he SCORES. Canes up Two Games to One. I love the Tripster. I hope he goes off on Tim Thomas tomorrow night. They will have to pull him by the Second Period. Go CANES.....

Tripp is not married and it was Kristi Karmanos's birthday, the wife of Karmanos Jr.

He said his neice, and karmanos was the last name. He probably thinks he's related. He also makes it sound like he's the 5th Staal Boy, as close as he says he is to the staal family. It does get old listening to what Eric had for dinner, and how Tripp danced with Staals mom at his wedding. stalker...

I don't know why so many people are hard on Tripp. He is the most passionate caniac I know. Us caniacs must stick together..

yeah. Wasn't it great after game 7, he was about to go "off" camera, and gave a huge fist pump and big smile. gotta love it :)

Tripp can beat a dead horse like no other - fresh ice, Ward's workout program, Staal/Chara match-up, third man high. Those are just to name a few from the last series. My guess for the ECF, he will obsess over the Staal/Staal matchup, Ward has to be the best penalty killer, and of course, fresh ice.

tripp can be annoying but thats because we watch and listen to him all the time. some other color guys are a joke, jerseys chico reche is a total homer, nashvilles terry crisp is a joke, and there are other that make you wonder who is paying them. even on the nhl network, bob erry is horrendus. the best color man out there is darryl reaugh who does dallas and some vrs work. also enjoy washingtons crew.

I think there is no better combo in the NHL than Johnny Forslund and Tripp Tracy. I agree that Tripp can be a little annoying sometimes but, who isn't? I generally like him, and agree that we could have much, much worse.

Tripp can beat a dead horse like no other - fresh ice, Ward's workout program, Staal/Chara match-up, third man high. Those are just to name a few from the last series. My guess for the ECF, he will obsess over the Staal/Staal matchup, Ward has to be the best penalty killer, and of course, fresh ice.

That'll be a little hard to do seeing as the ECF games are being broadcast by Versus. I've watched a ton of games on Center Ice and listened to a lot of other pairs call games and based on what I've heard, I'm quite glad we have Tripp as our color guy

Okay, I confess. I have come to love Tripp. I've been a Tripp basher for a bit, and have secondhand info about him from a friend who works the broadcasts. However, I will overlook any and all failings and shortcomings. Been impressed with his commentary this year. It's been sobering.

I love you Tripp!

Yes, trip sometimes looks/sounds like an idiot, and maybe he is. But, isn't that what Tripp is about? He's just a funny guy that makes me smile at least once in every game, he and John are a heck of a duo, and over time, I really got to love the guys. I'm happy for every game ESPN360 selects to stream from FS Carolinas.

Remember when Jim Hughson and Don Taylor made the comments on EA Sports NHL games (as they still do for the PC version I guess)? I just loved it, and Tripp is just like that (at least he's close) :)

anyone who is SUFFERING thru the VS guys (non-) announcing the ECF's should be thanking their lucky stars that we have Tripper. i swear, besides not being able to hear them over the amplified sound of the arena, i think they mostly just sat there and talked about the washington-pittsburg series and gushed about sid having an off night. very little actual play-by-play or even "color" commentary.

and btw......if the sound of the RBC is amplified to the same extreme as the Igloo, we won't be able to hear one word they say. which is a good thing. ;)

anyone who is SUFFERING thru the VS guys (non-) announcing the ECF's should be thanking their lucky stars that we have Tripper. i swear, besides not being able to hear them over the amplified sound of the arena, i think they mostly just sat there and talked about the washington-pittsburg series and gushed about sid having an off night. very little actual play-by-play or even "color" commentary.

and btw......if the sound of the RBC is amplified to the same extreme as the Igloo, we won't be able to hear one word they say. which is a good thing. ;)

No kidding!! There were talking about everything but the freakin game and it was making me so mad not to know what was going on in the game. And their cameras were aweful. Totally missing the play, cutting it off or coming in too late. Could they be any further away too? Please god give us a TSN feed!

Could they be any further away too? Please god give us a TSN feed!
It seems like the camera guys need to make an adjustment in the HD shots that they're not making. With HD's aspect ratio, the guys and puck are sharper, yes, but smaller, even a lot smaller, in a relative sense to the analog feed. With that big ol' widescreen camera, they need to zoom in a little! I don't need to see all of the neutral zone when the puck and play is in the corner.

Hmm, I guess that is off topic....? :huh:

I like Tripp!

There, that's better! :)

I finally got tired and bored listening to the people the other night, that we muted our TV and listened to Chuck and John. They were about 1 sec ahead of the play, but it was much better to listen to. And yea...what is up with the camera angles? Quit trying to be fancy by getting different angles all the time and just stick to the basics!

I have wanted to say this for the whole season... Can someone please change the "He's got to go....." part of the title? Tripp is a fantastic fan and a marvelous color man. Lets show him some respect.

It seems like the camera guys need to make an adjustment in the HD shots that they're not making. With HD's aspect ratio, the guys and puck are sharper, yes, but smaller, even a lot smaller, in a relative sense to the analog feed. With that big ol' widescreen camera, they need to zoom in a little! I don't need to see all of the neutral zone when the puck and play is in the corner.

Hmm, I guess that is off topic....? :huh:

I like Tripp!

There, that's better! :)

It's the opposite for me on a non-HD feed. Too often the Vs. shots zoom way too far in and you can't see the action around where the puck is. In fact, for the normal feed they really need to zoom out and get a wider view of the play. It sucks when, for example, a PP is going on and you can only see from the circles to barely behind the net, and not what is going on back at the blue line to see a play developing from the point. They also move so quickly panning back and forth that they lose the puck, which would be improved by a further-out zoom that slowly moves back and forth.

That and them switching to different cameras so often, usually far too late several seconds after the play so you simply see the aftermath and not what is actually going on with the puck.

Those have been driving me nuts!

To get back on topic, too. I miss John and Tripp! I'd take them over these round 3 guys any day!