The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dirtysouth12

ECF's tickets

Eesh... you wont regret it. But pushing the BUY button may take some assistance from a loved one lol.

Become a season ticket holder( either full or partial plan), this is probably the biggest benefit to becoming one, this year they "froze" the third and fourth round prices, my upperdeck tickets are only $35 for round 3 and $40 for round 4( instead of $85 and $160).

This alone should be why any fan should be at least a 10, 26 or full season holder. Great job by canes, for taking care and appreciating the committment the caniacs made to the team when the "going was tough" and now being rewarded for the dedication

Huge kudos to canes management!

Become a season ticket holder( either full or partial plan), this is probably the biggest benefit to becoming one, this year they "froze" the third and fourth round prices, my upperdeck tickets are only $35 for round 3 and $40 for round 4( instead of $85 and $160).

This alone should be why any fan should be at least a 10, 26 or full season holder. Great job by canes, for taking care and appreciating the committment the caniacs made to the team when the "going was tough" and now being rewarded for the dedication

I almost feel like I should apologize to the Canes when I walk through the turnstiles with my $40 tickets, that have a $100 gate price. I feel like I took advantage of them. OF course I made my commitment back in March when hardly anyone thought they were even going to make the playoffs, let alone the ECF. So, good for those of us who invested in the team for the long term, with a season ticket commitment. It seems to have paid off in spades.

I'll be watching round 4 from TV whether we make it or not, sheesh...

Folks really should have gotten in a 12 pack for the year.. you would have been ahead at gate prices if they go all the way, and got to see more games.

For this season - I cant speak for the future.. My seatmates and I opted for quality vs. quantity and got the 12 pack in the club corners..

$74.50 per seat x 12 = $894

You actually get 14 games so that is $63.86 per game

My playoff tickets pricing at the offer:

round 1: $75

Round 2: $90

Round 3: $90

Round 4: $90

looking at max costs, assuming all games all rounds:

$75x3=$225

$90x3=$270

$90x3=$270

$90x3=$270

TOTAL: $1035

Looking at gate prices for all rounds coming to comparison total:

round 1: $100 (I think)

round 2: $120

round 3: $175

Round 4: $320

$100x3=$300

$120x3=$360

$175x3=$525

$320x3=$960

TOTAL: $2145

So if the canes can go all the way to game 6, Ive saved $1110 ($2145-$1035) which completely covers the $894 I paid for the regular season..

Go Canes!!

Sooooo sooooo happy I did the Pay as they Play deal early! You don't know how happy I am that I'm locked in my seats at such a discount. No waiting and stressing about getting tickets! (sorry been doing a happy dance all day) :P

As I read this post I am so thankful for my price freeze for 3 years as I was part of that original deal. My upper level playoff seats are $25/game for the last three rounds. Its almost like free season tickets for next year! Does this also mean that playoff tickets will be frozen during the next three years? Funny when we renewed our plan I did not think it was much of an offer, thought it was like a longshot to even be in the playoffs let alone go this deep. Now I am hopin the allstar game will be during this 3 year window :)

Trying to figure out how much my tickets are going to cost for the ECF. I did the original "Ice your Price" for the next THREE years. We sit in section 121 - Sideline Premiere. Our tickets cost $75 for R1, and $80 for R2. I've looked all over my account manager and this site, and I cannot find a price for those of use who "iced" our prices for three years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to know the ticket costs for the weekend so we can split the tickets among those of us in our group. TIA.

As I read this post I am so thankful for my price freeze for 3 years as I was part of that original deal. My upper level playoff seats are $25/game for the last three rounds. Its almost like free season tickets for next year! Does this also mean that playoff tickets will be frozen during the next three years? Funny when we renewed our plan I did not think it was much of an offer, thought it was like a longshot to even be in the playoffs let alone go this deep. Now I am hopin the allstar game will be during this 3 year window :)

Agreed. We had to twist some arms when we renewed, but we did, and I'm ecstatic we did. It's turned out to be a huge cost savings to the people who committed to the team when things we're not as rosy as they are today. Feels like a rare win/win situation.

Trying to figure out how much my tickets are going to cost for the ECF. I did the original "Ice your Price" for the next THREE years. We sit in section 121 - Sideline Premiere. Our tickets cost $75 for R1, and $80 for R2. I've looked all over my account manager and this site, and I cannot find a price for those of use who "iced" our prices for three years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to know the ticket costs for the weekend so we can split the tickets among those of us in our group. TIA.

s/b same as round 2 for remaining rounds.

I live in Winston-Salem and travel for work frequently. My brother lives in Raleigh and is a long time STH - this allows me to get add on seats at the STH rate (thankfully). In '06, I committed to the first 2 rounds only and only made it to 2 or 3 games. I wussed out on rounds 3 & 4 back then because I was reluctant to shell out over a grand to "maybe" see a few games. I learned my lesson - I was trying to buy a ticket for game 7 of the SCF and was willing to pay up to $1,000 for the single ticket - none to be found.

This year with the pay as you play plan, I am in through the finals at $40 a seat. Seems like a real bargain to me. I will never pass up an opportunity to see a series winning game in the Finals again!

The company I work for is based out of Raleigh... I've been wracking my brains all day trying to figure out a way to get shipped up there for a week. :)

Sooooo sooooo happy I did the Pay as they Play deal early! You don't know how happy I am that I'm locked in my seats at such a discount. No waiting and stressing about getting tickets! (sorry been doing a happy dance all day) :P

I got 12 pack pay as you play in 304.

"the pay as we play" plan really does make up for the marketing screw-up in the timing of the pricing for the ECF and SCF in 06.

"the pay as we play" plan really does make up for the marketing screw-up in the timing of the pricing for the ECF and SCF in 06.

can you explain?

In the past on-line playoff ticket sales were restricted for a certain time period (like 24 hrs or something like that), to buyers from NC, SC and VA. Does anybody know if anything like that was done this year?

wouldn't help much since so many of those "Steeler lovers" already live here. I heard on the radio that the last time the Steelers won the superbowl we won the cup. Lets hope that holds true again :) I guess Bill Cowher won't be cranking the siren now.

wouldn't help much since so many of those "Steeler lovers" already live here. I heard on the radio that the last time the Steelers won the superbowl we won the cup. Lets hope that holds true again :) I guess Bill Cowher won't be cranking the siren now.
Cowher's become a pretty big fan of the Canes, so I'd be surprised if he was not a siren sounder. After all, it would be pretty sweet for him to get things cranking, so to speak, before the Canes/Pens games at the the RBC!

can you explain?

during the Cup run of '06 the Canes failed to announce the drastic increase in pricing for the third and fourth rounds and demanded the money up-front in short notice. The pricing was in line with other NHL teams also in the playoffs, but the short notice angered many Canes fans so they opted not to renew for the third and the fourth rounds This opened the door for the invasion of the Buffaslug fans.

can you explain?

during the Cup run of '06 the Canes failed to announce the drastic increase in pricing for the third and fourth rounds and demanded the money up-front in short notice. The pricing was in line with other NHL teams also in the playoffs, but the short notice angered many Canes fans so they opted not to renew for the third and the fourth rounds This opened the door for the invasion of the Buffaslug fans.
Yeah, colliefan is correct there. The fanbase was pretty livid in '06 after the jacked up prices were annonced for the later rounds and the team realized they made a mistake right away. I think JR made some statements about they didn't communicate things well, etc., and said that they would do better next time. This time -- with known prices for all four rounds and a pay-as-they-play option -- the team has made a huge improvement in things and shows they not only listened to the fans but took action to fix things.

in my case i got an invoice back then for $2,100 with 5 days to pay it. my ticket rep really caught it that day.

Yeah, colliefan is correct there. The fanbase was pretty livid in '06 after the jacked up prices were annonced for the later rounds and the team realized they made a mistake right away. I think JR made some statements about they didn't communicate things well, etc., and said that they would do better next time. This time -- with known prices for all four rounds and a pay-as-they-play option -- the team has made a huge improvement in things and shows they not only listened to the fans but took action to fix things.

Agreed. If 2006 was as poorly handled as possible - and it very well may have been - this year has been a 100% improvement. As much as we rightfully complained in 2006 with the price jacks, they really did get it right this time, from the "pay as they play" to the "ice the price" three and two year options to the stretch pay plans....it's pretty cool when the organization actually listens and works with the fan base. I wonder if they have a new marketing direct. Some deserves kudos for the improvement.

I was new to Canes hockey this year and went to a few games in late 08 and caught the bug and then went to almost every game from Jan 15th on. Not knowing about the playoff price increases and being a overall hockey newby, I was oblivious to the 3 year price freeze and didn't realize it was such a good deal, especially if we made the playoffs. With the 2 year price freeze ending last night at 5 pm I couldn't pull the trigger until I knew we beat Boston. Luckily I called at 9 am this morning and picked up two 12 game packages which gave me the opportunity to by playoff strips at a good discount. I'm still super jealous of the lower level people paying $85 a game but i figured for $110 ($65 savings per ticket) this round and $160 ($140 savings per ticket) for round 4 when we make it I was still getting a deal. When we go to round 4 and win in game 6 I will have saved $615 per ticket overall. That's almost 2/3rds of the cost of each 12 ticket package. Plus I got to pick my favorite section, row and got aisle seats. I think the row and aisle seats was just plain dumb luck!

Like I stated I'm new to all of this playoff pricing but I thought the Canes organization did a great job of leaving many options out there for people to guarantee playoff tickets for rounds 3 and 4 at a discounted price.