The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dirtysouth12

ECF's tickets

I almost feel like I should apologize to the Canes when I walk through the turnstiles with my $40 tickets, that have a $100 gate price. I feel like I took advantage of them. OF course I made my commitment back in March when hardly anyone thought they were even going to make the playoffs, let alone the ECF. So, good for those of us who invested in the team for the long term, with a season ticket commitment. It seems to have paid off in spades.

Yeah, feels good to be rewarded by the team for putting my time in during the year,its a great benefit

As I read this post I am so thankful for my price freeze for 3 years as I was part of that original deal. My upper level playoff seats are $25/game for the last three rounds. Its almost like free season tickets for next year! Does this also mean that playoff tickets will be frozen during the next three years? Funny when we renewed our plan I did not think it was much of an offer, thought it was like a longshot to even be in the playoffs let alone go this deep. Now I am hopin the allstar game will be during this 3 year window :)

Yep, we had big increases in 2006, but so nice to get this reward in 2009. I'm not sure if the 'freeze" on playoff ticketrs also hold in future yeras, we also did the 3 year "price freeze", really hope they do it again for the playoffs :)

From the following article over on WRAL.com (Fans greet, snap up tickets for 'Cardiac Canes'):

Later Friday, hundreds of fans stormed the RBC Center to pick up tickets for Games 3 and 4 of the East Conference finals. By noon, tickets to Game 3 were almost sold out.

If the series, which opens Monday in Pittsburgh, lasts long enough, the Canes will play again in Raleigh in Game 6.

"This is what the dividends are. This is what you want. This is where you want the organization to get to," said Dave Olsen, general manager of the RBC Center.

Olsen said he hopes Hurricanes keep going farther in the Stanley Cup playoffs. The facility depends on the Canes making the playoffs to turn a profit, and the team hasn't been there for the past two years, he said.

The RBC has only booked six of the 10 slots it has for touring acts, so the longer the Canes keep playing, the better it is for the RBC Center and the people who work there, Olsen said.

"This helps. It's great for everybody. It's great for the community," he said. "Our employees get to work another five, six events that we wouldn't had had this time of year."

I experienced 1st hand in '06 the price jump for the 3rd and 4th rounds. It was so disappointing to be a part of the early rounds and suddenly get the invoice and realize my playoff hockey experience had ended due to not being able to afford it. They did it much better this year but unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of it. I think the organization does a great job in improving things that us as fans have a problem with. I still renewed my 12 game package and will continue to do so.

As of Saturday morning the only remaining tickets are Standing Room only at $190 I believe.

Makes me really appreciate my STH holder price for Center Ice Premier seats at $100

I really think I have some of the best seats in the house 7th Row Dead Center Ice :)

As of Saturday morning the only remaining tickets are Standing Room only at $190 I believe.

took the same look and Saturday afternoon and found the same to be true. wonder what tickets are going for on e-bay or craighslist?

yow.gif

Makes me really appreciate my STH holder price for Center Ice Premier seats at $100 I really think I have some of the best seats in the house 7th Row Dead Center Ice :)
Wow .... that's EXCELLENT. thumbsup.gif

wonder what tickets are going for on e-bay or craighslist?
Not sure about eBay, but found the following over on Craigslist:

2 Tickets available for Game 4 Lower Level - Section 101 Row: C Seats 6 and 7 - $400

Game 3 East Final. Saturday the 23. Section 305 Row E Seats 1-4. Practically center ice first row of upper ( not mezzanine) $175 each.

There are other posts from brokers, that won't list their prices,and others from individuals that want you to make them an offer.

Then, again, if you're feeling lucky there's always:

Go to the Canes Game with Greg!

Greg Fishel has 4 FREE pairs of tickets to Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Hurricanes and the Penguins on Saturday, May 23, 2009 - and he wants to take YOU!

Register to put your name in the hat to win a pair of tickets. Greg will pick one random winner every day for four days starting Monday, May 18.

Each day, Greg will announce the daily winner on WRAL News at 6:00 p.m. - and the winner will get two tickets to watch the Canes play the Penguins... with The Fish!

BE SURE TO BRING YOUR CAMERA AND YOUR COWBELL!

(Click on above link to register)

I'm coming in from out of town for Game 4 of this series... Cant wait!!!

I was able to get upper deck seats right when tickets went on sale yesterday morning. I've watched the playoff games this year when the 'Canes are at home, and it seems like an unbelievable atmosphere! As a Predators fan that hasn't witnessed hockey this late in the spring, I thought $85 a ticket was a bargain... Y'all who have the plan where the tickets are $40 have it made!

This will be my 1st trip to RBC. I know the fans stand for alot of the game in the lower bowl... is that the case for the people in the upper deck?

Also, I see there are a lot of railings in the upper deck... are there alot of obstructed views up there?

Thanks and Go 'Canes!!

I know the fans stand for alot of the game in the lower bowl... is that the case for the people in the upper deck?

Also, I see there are a lot of railings in the upper deck... are there alot of obstructed views up there?

Fans in the upper deck a more likely to stand than those in the lower bowl. There may be a few seats that have an obstructed view but for the most part it is a great view. Enjoy the trip.

I'm coming in from out of town for Game 4 of this series... Cant wait!!!

I was able to get upper deck seats right when tickets went on sale yesterday morning. I've watched the playoff games this year when the 'Canes are at home, and it seems like an unbelievable atmosphere! As a Predators fan that hasn't witnessed hockey this late in the spring, I thought $85 a ticket was a bargain... Y'all who have the plan where the tickets are $40 have it made!

This will be my 1st trip to RBC. I know the fans stand for alot of the game in the lower bowl... is that the case for the people in the upper deck?

Thanks and Go 'Canes!!

Standing was sort of a spontaneous thing for Game 7 in the '06 finals, but was pushed, with limited success, for Game 6 vs. Boston this year. Standing shouldn't be an issue for Game 4. There are some obstructed views in the upper decks due to the railings. I had a seat at a game earlier this year with a complete rectangle of railings to look through!! I had to keep moving my head to keep the play on the ice inside the view of my stair railing 'television' screen. :mellow: Those seats are a limited exception though. Most seats at RBC have great sight lines.

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of this, but the reason that the tickets are selling like hotcakes is that at least 20-30% of those are being bought by Penguin fans. They're making the long drive from North Raleigh and Cary. These "home" games are going to be a lot like the ECF in '06 against the Sabres. I'm not suggesting it will be as ugly, but you'll get real sick of yellow and black, "Let's Go Pens" chants and when the Penguins score the place will erupt.

Oh, and some of these are Hurricanes "fans" who were sitting next to you last week, cheering for the Canes.

:angry:

Fans in the upper deck a more likely to stand than those in the lower bowl. There may be a few seats that have an obstructed view but for the most part it is a great view. Enjoy the trip.

How early does the arena open??

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of this, but the reason that the tickets are selling like hotcakes is that at least 20-30% of those are being bought by Penguin fans. They're making the long drive from North Raleigh and Cary. These "home" games are going to be a lot like the ECF in '06 against the Sabres. I'm not suggesting it will be as ugly, but you'll get real sick of yellow and black, "Let's Go Pens" chants and when the Penguins score the place will erupt.

Oh, and some of these are Hurricanes "fans" who were sitting next to you last week, cheering for the Canes.

I'm tired of this turncoat garbage. In my book, you aren't a true Caniac if you take off the eye for another team. Period.

edit: by the way, how do you know that it's 20-30%?

Saw a vehicle parked in downtown Raleigh this morning with a Canes license plate and Steelers tire cover. Commented to my family that the person who owns the car better wear red to the games next week!

Quick question... I was a mini plan holder for the past year. I decided not to get season tickets for next year because I now live 2 hours away and am doing the school thing full time. Hence, lack of funds. Did I have to sign up for next years season tickets to qualify for this years discount?

Quick question... I was a mini plan holder for the past year. I decided not to get season tickets for next year because I now live 2 hours away and am doing the school thing full time. Hence, lack of funds. Did I have to sign up for next years season tickets to qualify for this years discount?

according to the brochure.....you had to purchase and pay in full for rounds 1&2....by march 16th. once we advanced to the SECOND ROUND you would have been sent an invoice for rounds 3&4. this was one of the options to take advantage of "the deepest discounts on playoff tickets in franchise history!"

using this option you would not have qualified for pay as we play....

This year's playoffs are based on this year's season ticket package BUT only if you opted to pay for the playoff tickets in March. This year's playoffs and next year's STH package are separate. It would have been possible to pay for the playoffs this year and not choose a STH package for next season. However, the deadline for that option has passed.

Does anyone know what happens if you buy single game tickets for game 6 through Ticketshafter and then there is no game 6?

Thanks

you have to file l for a refund with ticketmaster IIRC and they take it off your credit card( is used a CC)

Occasionally, events are canceled or postponed by the promoter, team, band or venue. Should this occur, we will attempt to contact you to inform you of refund or exchange procedures for that event. For exact instructions on any canceled or postponed event, please check the event information online or contact us. If you purchase a ticket through Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster.ca, Ticketmaster's Phone Centers or TicketExchange, and a refund is issued, then Ticketmaster will most likely give you a refund by issuing a credit to the credit card that you used to purchase that ticket unless that ticket was subsequently sold using TicketExchange, and the holder of the ticket will not be able to physically present it for a refund. If a ticket is purchased through a Ticketmaster Retail Location and a refund is to be issued for it, then you may only be able to receive the refund by presenting the ticket yourself to the Retail Location where it was purchased.

Ticketmaster typically only offers refunds and/or exchanges based on the promoter's, team's or venue's instructions. Ticketmaster is not obligated to issue a refund except to the extent that the promoter, team or venue responsible for bringing you the event (1) instructs us to issue a refund, and (2) provides us with the ticket funds necessary to issue refunds. In order to receive a refund or an exchange that may be offered, you will have to comply with the promoter's, team's or venue's instructions or deadlines, which, along with the decision about whether or not to issue a refund or an exchange, may be at the promoter's, team's or venue's discretion.

If Ticketmaster issues you a refund for a ticket, it will issue a refund of the ticket's face value paid (or, if a discounted ticket, then instead the discounted ticket price paid), the facility fee and the convenience charge, unless the ticket was sold through TicketExchange in which case Ticketmaster will issue a refund of the ticket price you paid on TicketExchange and the convenience charge (if any) you paid on TicketExchange. If the event was scheduled to occur in Canada, then the order processing fee will also be refunded (but not for events that were scheduled to occur in the United States). In no event will delivery prices or any other fees or amounts be refunded. If a refund is issued, it will be issued using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets. If a credit card was used to make the refunded purchase, then only that actual credit card will receive the credit for the refund. Ticketmaster will not be liable for travel or any other expenses that you or anyone else incurs in connection with a cancelled or postponed event.

If an event is canceled, please Contact us for information on receiving a refund. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. Contact us for exact instructions.

I know iceboy........we will just have to stomach it thats all. It just shows what an attractive area and appealing (even in these tough economic times) area Raleigh and NC is........I mean, who from this area is relocating TO pittsburgh, boston, nj, and buffalo for that matter.........

Im happy I shed my Ranger jersey when I moved here and now use the remains of it as a dust rag.........Ive never looked backed either.............Go Carolina Hurricanes!