The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dirtysouth12

ECF's tickets

Saw a vehicle parked in downtown Raleigh this morning with a Canes license plate and Steelers tire cover. Commented to my family that the person who owns the car better wear red to the games next week!

Wel, again these fans are faced with a win win situation arent they........or is it a dilemma? Me, personally i could NEVER see me wearing my old Ranger jersey to a Hurricane game....but thats just me. I dont know but thats OK, Im not one for pressing people on their loyalties........for those of us that ditched the teams and memories of the past congrats........for those that still support their previous cities where they lived, thats OK too.........

I know iceboy........we will just have to stomach it thats all. It just shows what an attractive area and appealing (even in these tough economic times) area Raleigh and NC is........I mean, who from this area is relocating TO pittsburgh, boston, nj, and buffalo for that matter.........

Im happy I shed my Ranger jersey when I moved here and now use the remains of it as a dust rag.........Ive never looked backed either.............Go Carolina Hurricanes!

Soooo in other words, you became a turncoat.

Call it what you wish. One shouldn't live with one's girl/boy friend and enjoy that fruits of that relationship only to slip off and "visit" the old girl/boy friend when he/she comes to town. That is the PG version of what I"m really thinking.

Call it what you wish. One shouldn't live with one's girl/boy friend and enjoy that fruits of that relationship only to slip off and "visit" the old girl/boy friend when he/she comes to town. That is the PG version of what I"m really thinking.

Interesting analogy as I'm sure we've all been in that type of situation. But that's a little different from what I was getting at.

Interesting analogy as I'm sure we've all been in that type of situation. But that's a little different from what I was getting at.

This is getting off-topic, so I apologize in advance, but this is one my big pet peeves, if it wasn't obvious.

To me, sports are about community. It's way for a group of people, who live together, to share common tough times, goals, pride and accomplishments. It has little, if anything, to do with the franchise itself. Remember, a franchise is a legal entity - nothing more. The legal entity doesn't care any more for you than you should about it. I like Pizza Hut, but I feel no reason to worship it.

It's about the players, you say. Ok, well they come and go. Ask Aaron Ward about his allegiance to the Hurricanes, even though he's been through some jubilant times with them. How do we now feel about Ward? Probably not the same as we did 3 years ago.

So, you're left with a legal entity, that does what legal entities do. You have players who get traded and move on their own accord and develop their own ties. What are you left with? Community.

When I see people, who I know live around me, come into "my" building - my community's building - and act like they're not part of that community (or even worse disrespect it), it bothers me. I don't care how long you loved the [fill in old home town] [fill in childhood team] or how Dad used to take you to the games when you were a kid and you can still remember the day when [fill in dead or retired former childhood idle] signed your program. Good times, but they've passed and they have no current relevance.

I have a strong sense of pride in where I live and, right now and the Hurricanes symbolize that. That's all they are, really, a symbol. Don't get me wrong, I love this team. I respect the players. I love going to games. For me, though, it's about the warm feeling I get inside when I see 18,000+ people cheering for a common goal and giving each other high fives when good things happen. It's about feeling good about where you live. And right now, I live in beautiful North Carolina and I'm very proud of that and proud to be part of the Hurricane community. I wish others, who share our roads, schools, jobs and churches all had the same common sense of community, now that they're part of it.

It's Sunday. I will now get down from the pulpit.

Maybe your little bait was too obvious for him to take the hook?

Let's stick with the topic folks.

Bait? Hook? Is that a Goober fishing reference? :)

Anyway, fair enough. In the words of the patron saint of southern Gobberdom, Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

So, how about them ticket sales?

Bait? Hook? Is that a Goober fishing reference? :)

Anyway, fair enough. In the words of the patron saint of southern Gobberdom, Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

So, how about them ticket sales?

Your not helping your cause here. :blink:

What are you his lawyer? It wasn't a bait...its very interesting to me to see why people switch allegiances and I would like to see his decision defended. I see he is still a NY Giants fan...why not switch to a Panthers fan as well due to his relocation?

What are you his lawyer? It wasn't a bait...its very interesting to me to see why people switch allegiances and I would like to see his decision defended. I see he is still a NY Giants fan...why not switch to a Panthers fan as well due to his relocation?

then why not start a thread and ask about it instead of derailing someone else's thread?

They may come in wearing black/gold but their money is still green. Until the Canes can sell out the building on a STH basis, we will still have fans of the opposing team coming into the RBC. Provided they are civil, what's the problem?

Well actually its more than that.....let me put this words, you can understand. The Rangers started turning me off with their overpriced underachieving Stanley Cup winner wannabees in the late 1990s......after relocating here and escaping the Northeast, I decided to start supporting the local team.........and havent looked back since. Our fans I like better, our team I like better, the RBC I like better, our area I like better and so on.....................its paid off big time too! Hell, the Carolina Hurricanes have won just as many SCF as the Rangers since the late 70s..................

The past is the past......thats was then, this is now......cheery by.

Now THATS a good question...........I have no idea........but I would never wear a pro football jersey to a hockey game......I mean, come on.........pony up the $80 or so for an original pens jersey...............

They may come in wearing black/gold but their money is still green. Until the Canes can sell out the building on a STH basis, we will still have fans of the opposing team coming into the RBC. Provided they are civil, what's the problem?

aren't you glad they have to pay gate prices for standing room only tickets!!

Well, I'm thankful that my situation allows me to take advantage of the "ice your price" and deep playoff price discounts. I can't imagine what other households are going through. I do, however, wonder why we were not given a credit for game #4 for the first 2 rounds, and are to be charged for 4 games in the final 2 when there is no way in bloody-hell that we're going to be playing a game 4 here? Unless of course, disaster strikes the other arena.

has anyone heard anything?

Yes, a FedEx guys says they've arrived a the depot (he's a delivery dude from Wake Forest), but that he hasn't delivered any today. Not sure what that means.

Well, I'm thankful that my situation allows me to take advantage of the "ice your price" and deep playoff price discounts. I can't imagine what other households are going through. I do, however, wonder why we were not given a credit for game #4 for the first 2 rounds, and are to be charged for 4 games in the final 2 when there is no way in bloody-hell that we're going to be playing a game 4 here? Unless of course, disaster strikes the other arena.

Using the "pay as we play" option, I've only been charged for the actual games played and only when they games become necessary. So, paid for 3 games in both rounds 1 and 2 and have paid for 2 games in round 3. Not sure why you've been charged the extra games and you might want to follow up with your ticket rep to see why you're paying for games that are not possible since the Canes are the lowest remaining seed in either conference.

Darn!!

had hoped for soem real nice looking tickets like the one's in 20002( a sweet embossed cup picture), or even the at least nice design on teh round 3-4 tickets of 2006.

instead the same "boring" strip as we had for the first 2 rounds..

"hopefully" if make it to the finals they will finlly print our a nice ticket , it makes a nice shadow box and memorblia piece..

double check with your ticket rep but i am willing to bet you weren't charged. because they didn't know how things would shake out when they printed/shipped round 1 and 2 they assumed 4 possible home games and sent stock to support that (it saved them boo koo on shipping cost). it made better business sense to send more than what was needed and only charge you for what was used. it will be trickier in round 3 and round 4 primarily because they have something really special on the drawing board for round 4 (for season ticket holders).

Wel, again these fans are faced with a win win situation arent they........or is it a dilemma? Me, personally i could NEVER see me wearing my old Ranger jersey to a Hurricane game....but thats just me. I dont know but thats OK, Im not one for pressing people on their loyalties........for those of us that ditched the teams and memories of the past congrats........for those that still support their previous cities where they lived, thats OK too.........

It took awhile for me to drop the Flyers, I kind of adopted the canes when in 02 went to a Flyers - Canes game on a friday night, got a free shirt (credit card giveaway), caught a shirt, then realized another game was being played on sunday afternoon, it was raining at the beach that weekend (where I live) was staying overnight anyway as I most always do so I decided to stay an extra night to catch the next game. I bought a Canes shirt on saturday, went to Tampa-Canes game sunday afternoon, then just after the 2nd period started, a puck was shot from across the ice, over the glass and into my waiting hands. I then bought a Canes license plate, and i was hooked.

I was then officially a CANIAC and never looked back. I did go to a Flyers-Tampa game during the playoff's in 04 and rooted for the Flyers, but not since then, I still have my Jr Flyers Jersey when I played for them.

I was born in Toronto, and I have a Bubble Boy hockey game with players painted in Flyers and Toronto colors, I need to get another set of players to paint them Hurricane colors. In my game room I have lots of signed Canes pictures and things, and a signed Bernie Parent Picture, I als have 3 banners, one team Canada, one Flyers 74-75 Cup Banner (I was at both parades) and of course a Canes Cup Banner.

But I am a Caniac Through and Through, I get flack from some friends that live here that are still Flyer fans, I hope one day they see the light. They do go to some of the Canes games usally the Flyers games, I won't give them my tickets anymore,until they root for the Canes. I was at all 4 Cup Games and they were at game 1. I am hoping on day they see the light, but doubt it

Darn!!

had hoped for soem real nice looking tickets like the one's in 20002( a sweet embossed cup picture), or even the at least nice design on teh round 3-4 tickets of 2006.

instead the same "boring" strip as we had for the first 2 rounds..

"hopefully" if make it to the finals they will finlly print our a nice ticket , it makes a nice shadow box and memorblia piece..

dude, ur there! who cares what the ticket looks like.. comon now..

FedEX just delivered mine, looks just like the first two rounds only ecf has Pittsbugh Penguins Printed! And there is no jinxing the hockey gods with with Stanley Cup Finals Tickets printed and enclosed.

Only care about how the SCF tickets look; I had the "Canes Reign" headline framed and had my tickets stubs enclosed in the matting.