The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dirtysouth12

ECF's tickets

Darn!!

had hoped for soem real nice looking tickets like the one's in 20002( a sweet embossed cup picture), or even the at least nice design on teh round 3-4 tickets of 2006.

instead the same "boring" strip as we had for the first 2 rounds..

"hopefully" if make it to the finals they will finlly print our a nice ticket , it makes a nice shadow box and memorblia piece..

dude...i will take crappy looking tickets and deep discounts any day of the week!!! my ticket strips are NOT BORING.....they are beautiful!!!

I do, however, wonder why we were not given a credit for game #4 for the first 2 rounds, and are to be charged for 4 games in the final 2 when there is no way in bloody-hell that we're going to be playing a game 4 here? Unless of course, disaster strikes the other arena.

Double check your credit card statement. You should have not been charged for any "4th home game" in the New Jersey or Boston series. Just because you got the tickets (and parking passes if you signed up for those) for games "D" and "H" in your package and you had to eventually throw them away doesn't necessarily mean you were charged for them. I know I wasn't. As a matter of fact, I only got charged for both game 6s once the series score ensured that the game 6 will be necessary. And they send you an e-mail to notify you as well.

At least they have an opposing team's name on them instead of TBD

I agree plus you have to put things in perspective, what would you rather have, a few more weeks of hockey or fancy tickets.

Double check your credit card statement. You should have not been charged for any "4th home game" in the New Jersey or Boston series. Just because you got the tickets (and parking passes if you signed up for those) for games "D" and "H" in your package and you had to eventually throw them away doesn't necessarily mean you were charged for them. I know I wasn't. As a matter of fact, I only got charged for both game 6s once the series score ensured that the game 6 will be necessary. And they send you an e-mail to notify you as well.

Where you on the "pay as you play" plan? I did the one time payment in full. I see no credit on my card.

FedEX just delivered mine, looks just like the first two rounds only ecf has Pittsbugh Penguins Printed! And there is no jinxing the hockey gods with with Stanley Cup Finals Tickets printed and enclosed.

do to the canes not being able to get home ice for round 4, they have time after game x to send them out... This is goodness!

Where you on the "pay as you play" plan? I did the one time payment in full. I see no credit on my card.

check with your ticket rep, any credit balance may have gone to next season.

I agree plus you have to put things in perspective, what would you rather have, a few more weeks of hockey or fancy tickets.

why not BOTH?

why is it an either/or?..

That is MY POINT.. not that i'd rather not have tickets or would rather not be on the playoffs or rather not have discounts

How about having discounts, playing a few more weeks AND a Nice commemorative ticket? is it really so hard to give a nicet icket?

I don't "get" , why everything here turns into a debate and has to be then turn into something it was not. Never said anything about not watning discounts, never said anything about not playing for a few more weeks.. ad hominen debates are silly.

why not BOTH?

That is MY POINT.. not that i'd rather not have tickets or would rather not be on the playoffs or rather not have discounts

How about having discounts, playing a few more weeks AND a Nice commemorative ticket? is it really so hard to give a nicer ticket?

I don't "get" , why everything here turns into a debate and has to be then turn into something it was not. Never said anything about not wanting discounts, never said anything about not playing for a few more weeks.. ad hominen debates are silly.

because most of us on here are just glad to have playoff hockey, we don't care if they use toilet paper for ticket stock as long as it gets us in the arena. Nicer tickets take longer to produce, I asked my ticket rep about that and it would have cut it too close for us to get our tickets before Saturdays game.

These were printed at the RBC Center last week and then mailed Friday and Monday, a custom ticket would have most likely taken 2-3 days or more to design and print then ship.

It is my understanding that they have already started work on a SCF collectible ticket for those of us that purchased strips, all that is needed is the opponent and for us to get there.

why not BOTH?

How about having discounts, playing a few more weeks AND a Nice commemorative ticket? is it really so hard to give a nicet icket?

I don't "get" , why everything here turns into a debate and has to be then turn into something it was not. Never said anything about not watning discounts, never said anything about not playing for a few more weeks.. ad hominen debates are silly.

I think the plans for the round #4 tickets are to have them printed up special to be commemorative. But we have to get there first and may not, so I agree, it would have been nice to have ECF's tix that were a bit nicer.

At least they have an opposing team's name on them instead of TBD

I don't know. When we played TBD we beat them. Maybe we should play them again.

:lol:

I always thought TBD stood for Toronto, Boston and Detroit!!!!!

I always thought TBD stood for Toronto, Boston and Detroit!!!!!

Toronto in the playoffs please.

Boston in the playoffs past the 3rd round?

Leaves Detroit.... and I cant even talk bad about em their in the finals so much :\ Only original 6 team that doesnt suck consistently

because most of us on here are just glad to have playoff hockey, we don't care if they use toilet paper for ticket stock as long as it gets us in the arena. Nicer tickets take longer to produce, I asked my ticket rep about that and it would have cut it too close for us to get our tickets before Saturdays game.

These were printed at the RBC Center last week and then mailed Friday and Monday, a custom ticket would have most likely taken 2-3 days or more to design and print then ship.

It is my understanding that they have already started work on a SCF collectible ticket for those of us that purchased strips, all that is needed is the opponent and for us to get there.

guess we shall agree to disagree.

Thre are these things called computers now, you can have all the graphics done Weeks, heck months before, all designed on a computer and ready to go "if" make it, and then at the last second, add in the dates and team, sorry in this day and information age, that is a bad excuse, we have also done away with the pony express, silk screen printing etc etc it takes no longer to do the tickets we got to a nice commemorative ticket. Now if you said it would cost slightly more, than i'd agree and that way be the issue- but printing speed is not

guess we shall agree to disagree.

Thre are these things called computers now, you can have all the graphics done Weeks, heck months before, all designed on a computer and ready to go "if" make it, and then at the last second, add in the dates and team, sorry in this day and information age, that is a bad excuse, we have also done away with the pony express, silk screen printing etc etc it takes no longer to do the tickets we got to a nice commemorative ticket. Now if you said it would cost slightly more, than i'd agree and that way be the issue- but printing speed is not

then apparently you own a printing business and know all about this? ALL NHL teams sent custom ticket printing out to print shops. regardless of what you might think it is not an overnight process (yeah I know you probably could photoshop anything and print it on your deskjet in seconds).

Generally the process goes like this, the marketing folks and the design folks get together to work on several designs for the custom tickets. once narrowed down then i am almost positive what they have is sent to PK for his approval. Once approved they have to setup the printing presses (depending on whether they are going to want to do embossing, holograms, etc.). because these are actual gate entry tickets then there are also bar code issues. once the run is done they need to randomly test the bar codes on the tickets to make sure they printed clean, nothing worse than have ticket holders show up at the gate and the bar code is unreadable.

Custom printers do not work pro bono so it doesn't make good business sense to incur setup cost for Stanley Cup Finals tickets until you are at least close to making it. I don't know how much custom work you have had done but the setup cost for anything the least bit fancy is substantial. As a business you are not going to start this process and outlay the cash until you are bit closer to making it. Using your analogy, then somewhere in a landfill are Washington, Boston, and New Jersey SCF ticket stock. You just don't run a business that way.

I really don't appreciate the sarcasm given that I make my living in the information technology arena, I am well aware of what can be done these days and find it insulting that you would assume that I am without a clue. "Custom" work will always be "custom" work and the turn around will always be longer. because i wanted something unique for my business, in this age of information technology it still took six weeks start to finish.

I don't think (or at least I hope) the Canes aren't gonna use a Stanley Cup "template". According to my ticket rep what they are having done is really nice and unique - a collectible. that reason and that reason alone is why SCF tickets were not included in our package.

And all the steps you outlined could have been done during the first round of the playoffs , debated and finalized( inculding the company you use to print them) in that 10 day period, then you still had a 10 day period of the 2nd round to cross some T's and I's.. and when we finally after 20 days beat boston called THAT night with the final info and Viola! done in 1 day.

if you honestly think that they ahven't already done all those steps NOW, and are now just starting the process , we shal agree to disagree, and i'd refence 2002 where we DID get nice embossed round 3 and 4 tickets for not only "can" it be done and that 7 years later and having gone trhough it twice already, it woudl be even quikcer and faster now.

And all the steps you outlined could have been done during the first round of the playoffs , debated and finalized( inculding the company you use to print them) in that 10 day period, then you still had a 10 day period of the 2nd round to cross some T's and I's.. and when we finally after 20 days beat boston called THAT night with the final info and Viola! done in 1 day.

if you honestly think that they ahven't already done all those steps NOW, and are now just starting the process , we shal agree to disagree, and i'd refence 2002 where we DID get nice embossed round 3 and 4 tickets for not only "can" it be done and that 7 years later and having gone trhough it twice already, it woudl be even quikcer and faster now.

Can I join your debate?

You may have hit the nail on the head when you referenced 2002 and what you received then. The economy was a wee bit different then and throwing money around was looked at a little differently. With all of the belt tightening, it doesn't come as a surprise to me that "what if" money isn't being spent to design something that may or may not be used. It does take money to prepare for these events, and while I'm not in the printing business, I'd imagine there is a lot of difference in designing something with trademarked logos and holographic images from actually preparing to print the finished product.

The economy has had an effect on this a ton. Why do you think every team has given out rally towels as the give-aways for the playoff games.

And all the steps you outlined could have been done during the first round of the playoffs , debated and finalized( including the company you use to print them) in that 10 day period, then you still had a 10 day period of the 2nd round to cross some T's and I's.. and when we finally after 20 days beat Boston called THAT night with the final info and Viola! done in 1 day.

if you honestly think that they haven't already done all those steps NOW, and are now just starting the process , we shall agree to disagree, and I'd reference 2002 where we DID get nice embossed round 3 and 4 tickets for not only "can" it be done and that 7 years later and having gone through it twice already, it would be even quicker and faster now.

unless you are part of canes management, you really don't what can and can't be done nor do you know what has or hasn't been done. I was at the '02 playoffs as well as '06. in both of those they did a ton more freebies and such but you have to remember that SOMEONE had to pay for those so there isn't as much of that money floating around and businesses aren't gonna waste it. as smiling bob stated these are different times.

in '02 I had the extra business income to buy ten seats to every game in the lower bowl, things aren't the same now and i have substantially tightened my belt (fewer seats and upper bowl).

from your statement should I assume that you think they should just resurrect whatever design they did in '02 or '06 and just change the dates?? or would you want something relevant to this season?