The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dirtysouth12

ECF's tickets

Can I join your debate?

The economy has had an effect on this a ton. Why do you think every team has given out rally towels as the give-aways for the playoff games.

I will file an amicus brief here too...as a fellow IT businessperson, doing things ahead of time doesn't make them cheap...the later/faster you need something it just goes from very expensive to extremely expensive. While it would be nice, things are a bit tight now.

Maybe they should have just printed the tickets on the towels, they seem to get those fast and cheap. Last round they even had the opponent, game number, and date. Just stick a bar code on em...

Can I join your debate?

You may have hit the nail on the head when you referenced 2002 and what you received then. The economy was a wee bit different then and throwing money around was looked at a little differently. With all of the belt tightening, it doesn't come as a surprise to me that "what if" money isn't being spent to design something that may or may not be used. It does take money to prepare for these events, and while I'm not in the printing business, I'd imagine there is a lot of difference in designing something with trademarked logos and holographic images from actually preparing to print the finished product.

The economy has had an effect on this a ton. Why do you think every team has given out rally towels as the give-aways for the playoff games.

is it because Buffalo isn't in the playoffs so there is no need for glass tumblers that can be used as post game projectiles?? LOL

Can I join your debate?

You may have hit the nail on the head when you referenced 2002 and what you received then. The economy was a wee bit different then and throwing money around was looked at a little differently. With all of the belt tightening, it doesn't come as a surprise to me that "what if" money isn't being spent to design something that may or may not be used. It does take money to prepare for these events, and while I'm not in the printing business, I'd imagine there is a lot of difference in designing something with trademarked logos and holographic images from actually preparing to print the finished product.

I agree, the towels are used now days because: they are cheap to make (cost around.15cents), can be produced in a short period of time which means that the Canes' organization can wait until they are sure the team has moved on to the next round before order is placed. I'm sure that they can be produced locally to cut shipping time as well. Just don't ever wash them, guaranteed to come apart!! LOL

I will file an amicus brief here too...as a fellow IT businessperson, doing things ahead of time doesn't make them cheap...the later/faster you need something it just goes from very expensive to extremely expensive. While it would be nice, things are a bit tight now.

Maybe they should have just printed the tickets on the towels, they seem to get those fast and cheap. Last round they even had the opponent, game number, and date. Just stick a bar code on em...

now that would be unique with the one exception being the guys behind me at one of the games. the kept bringing the wrong tickets for the wrong game.

I agree, the towels are used now days because: they are cheap to make (cost around.15cents), can be produced in a short period of time which means that the Canes' organization can wait until they are sure the team has moved on to the next round before order is placed. I'm sure that they can be produced locally to cut shipping time as well. Just don't ever wash them, guaranteed to come apart!! LOL

do you remember the ones from the '06 Montreal round?? the more you spun them around the more lint that went flying, was both funny and awesome. there was a white haze over the arena every time we wound those suckers up.

now that would be unique with the one exception being the guys behind me at one of the games. the kept bringing the wrong tickets for the wrong game.

Save the ticket design money and hire Jeff Gillooly and his pipe to stand outside of the Pens' locker room.

do you remember the ones from the '06 Montreal round?? the more you spun them around the more lint that went flying, was both funny and awesome. there was a white haze over the arena every time we wound those suckers up.

I remember, it look like it was snowing inside the RBC.... LOL LOL

Can I join your debate?

agree with that 100% and hence my comment "if" you said its about money, i'd agree... just took exception to the silly 'they didn't have time" excuse.

and the give-aways's have always been "corporate sponsered" who pick up that tab- and why its alot less now then in years past.

I'm just saying this team specifically, despite a worse economy in general is alot more fiscally sound and on a better financial footing and devoted fanbase in 2009 than 2002.

agree with that 100% and hence my comment "if" you said its about money, i'd agree... just took exception to the silly 'they didn't have time" excuse.

and the give-aways's have always been "corporate sponsered" who pick up that tab- and why its alot less now then in years past.

I'm just saying this team specifically, despite a worse economy in general is alot more fiscally sound and on a better financial footing and devoted fanbase in 2009 than 2002.

Your being to kind, there almost no fanbase prior to 2002, if 2002 never happend I am unsure the Canes would still be here.

when you factor in "time" I think you are ONLY looking at the time it takes to print and to ship, these days those times are minimal BUT it is all the work leading up to that. most businesses will not lay out the dollars to do the setup work for what "might" happen. Plus do you want a SCF ticket that looks like a 5 minute decision or one that someone put some thought into when it comes to design. if you have kept tabs on "corporate sponsors" this season you would have noticed that we are doing as much as we once did and it seems to be from a small handful of the same sponsors. Corporations are just not spreading the money around like they use to. if you looked at the towels from this round of the playoffs you will notice that games 3 and 4 had sponsors but 6 did not.

Your being to kind, there almost no fanbase prior to 2002, if 2002 never happend I am unsure the Canes would still be here.

Good point.. w/o that run in 2002, i'm not sure what would have happened, and even by 2006 it was teetering ( we were awful in 2003 and 2004, even before the lockout killed even more support), and only yhe great reg seaosna nd cup have brough the buzz back.. I shuder to think where we woudl be today w/o those 2 runs( prob like pheonix and nashille, looking for a new city or banckruptcy court)

Please don't underestimate the revenue producing power of controlling the arena, a major reason the franchise came here rather than Columbus. That said, two years in Greensboro and many dark nights at RBC certainly take their toll. The Coyotes deal was only 1% of the sweet terms the Hurricanes brokered. Plus NC State needed a new venue, and Raleigh needed to correct the thirty year civic center mistake downtown.

I had not checked my account yet, but for those that chose pay as we play, are we being hit with $10.00 shipping and handling charge with each mailing? No Biggie, I feel like I hit the lotto with the price we paid for our tickets.

not sure if this is entirely on topic but I didn't want to start up a new thread.

So I was scoping around the internet to see if some tickets were available for game 3, well, cheap tickets anyways. I came across some very scamish and hackish offers. On craigslist, searching for game 3 in the Raleigh section game 2 tickets at the RBC center were available. Huh... well thats news to me. I also found on stubhub, front row tickets, two of them for 4,600$... a piece. That can't be right. Please tell me that's not right. I thought that tickets couldn't be sold for more then face value? anyways, folks looking for tickets online, this goes without saying, but be careful, if there's a way to scam you, there's a person trying to do it <_<

I had not checked my account yet, but for those that chose pay as we play, are we being hit with $10.00 shipping and handling charge with each mailing? No Biggie, I feel like I hit the lotto with the price we paid for our tickets.

yep, i have but given me two personal seats are $40 and I have several in 334 at $25 each, i will gladly pay they additional shipping and handling charges.