The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canes-in-7

Getting tickets for Penguins-Hurricanes' Game 3 in Raleigh not easy

The RBC could be half Pens fans and KP wouldn't care as long as that $ is coming in.

naww.. as a very long time STH, I *never* want to go back to the days of 1999-2001, wher when teams like teh redwings,philly,toronto, rangers came in it was louder when they scored, then when we did.. we have come Along way from those days, and even 2002, when the east parking lot turned into "toronto south" and thousands's of them here( but for the very very clear majority a fun time!).. or the 2006 ticket debacle that lead to all the sug fans here, we have a much better fanbase and loyal fanbase, and never want to see our building being 1/2 of anotehr team again and doubt ever happens.. even the bufalo stuff was only prob. 1,000 people, just their obnoixiousness made it seem like a lot more

I do think Pk does care, and does want cane fans in the buuilding

naww.. as a very long time STH, I *never* want to go back to the days of 1999-2001, wher when teams like teh redwings,philly,toronto, rangers came in it was louder when they scored, then when we did.. we have come Along way from those days, and even 2002, when the east parking lot turned into "toronto south" and thousands's of them here( but for the very very clear majority a fun time!).. or the 2006 ticket debacle that lead to all the sug fans here, we have a much better fanbase and loyal fanbase, and never want to see our building being 1/2 of anotehr team again and doubt ever happens.. even the bufalo stuff was only prob. 1,000 people, just their obnoixiousness made it seem like a lot more

I do think Pk does care, and does want cane fans in the buuilding

May be from a player/coach mindset perspective he wants "his" fans in the seats. From a money stand point though I doubt if he cares who fills the seats.

I am surprised they do not do something similar to what the Cleveland Indians do with their store at Jacobs Field. They sell other teams merchandise as well as their own.

Since we seem to have a large fan base in the area that come to games for many teams other than the Hurricanes it would make sense "from a money stand point" to have a small storefront at the RBC Center for their fans to purchase hats, shirts, jerseys..etc.

May be from a player/coach mindset perspective he wants "his" fans in the seats. From a money stand point though I doubt if he cares who fills the seats.

I am surprised they do not do something similar to what the Cleveland Indians do with their store at Jacobs Field. They sell other teams merchandise as well as their own.

Since we seem to have a large fan base in the area that come to games for many teams other than the Hurricanes it would make sense "from a money stand point" to have a small storefront at the RBC Center for their fans to purchase hats, shirts, jerseys..etc.

disagree "if" it was all about money. he would then NOT have given the tickets for this round at 50% face value and 20% face value to his "fans", as he could sell out these tickets no matter what to the highest price , and make alot more for a $160 upperdeck and $300 lower bowl ticket, than the $40 and think $85 he is charging, from a "business standpoint"- you charge the same right? or close to it, if its all just about $$$$$

disagree "if" it was all about money. he would then NOT have given the tickets for this round at 50% face value and 20% face value to his "fans", as he could sell out these tickets no matter what to the highest price , and make alot more for a $160 upperdeck and $300 lower bowl ticket, than the $40 and think $85 he is charging, from a "business standpoint"- you charge the same right? or close to it, if its all just about $$$$$

Absolutely correct. If it was all about money I wouldn't be paying $80 for tickets that cost $170 via Ticketmaster. We get love for making a season (or even partial season) investment. There will be Penguins fans; after all, there is no one left in Pittsburgh, even though I've heard it's a nice place. I'm wondering how many in attendance are:

1. Pens fans first/Canes second (perfectly acceptable, I think less of people who change allegiance based on where they live)

2. Canes season ticket holders who sell to Penguins fans (completely unacceptable, you should have your seat revoked for selling out your team's home ice advantage!!!)

Ok, I'm done now....

Getting tickets to any sports playoff game is not easy. ;)

I heard there were plenty of seats to game 1 in Pitts right at game time. A buddy I know walked up to the box office and was able to get 4 together a few rows behind the bench. Not to sound like a Buffalo fan but how do the say a game is sold out when plenty of seats (I mean pairs and fours together) were still available at game time. Makes you wonder if theres any validity to the numbers they release.

I heard there were plenty of seats to game 1 in Pitts right at game time. A buddy I know walked up to the box office and was able to get 4 together a few rows behind the bench. Not to sound like a Buffalo fan but how do the say a game is sold out when plenty of seats (I mean pairs and fours together) were still available at game time. Makes you wonder if theres any validity to the numbers they release.

a little known fact( shh! now let's keep it between us don't tell anyone.lol ), and this applies not just to hockey,but all sports.

each team "reserves" a certain number of seats at their stadium for Corp sponsers, League people, families of players looking for tickets, etc etc- and so a game will be "sold out", BUT what happens if for whatever reasons, the allocations aren't used and get turned typically 1-3 days before an event, BACK to the team, most teams ( not sure Pitts policy), put them back on ticket master to sell, and some teams will just sell them by the box office.. As most people aren't aware of this, when see "sold out", they never check back and miss the opportunity your friend obviously took advantage of. the seats come back in 2's and 4's because it was probably NHL league seats not used. See this all the time.

As a big football fan where weather can really play into games.. "sold out" games will have literally 100's of tickets end of season as weather turns bad for sold out stadiums on ticket master starting wed to saturday of game week. Makes it tough to plan if its a long way to stadium,but you get tickets at face value. it really has nothing to do with fans not buying tickets ,but how league allocate tickets to teasm, sponsers and mucky-mucks.

a little known fact( shh! now let's keep it between us don't tell anyone.lol ), and this applies not just to hockey,but all sports.

each team "reserves" a certain number of seats at their stadium for Corp sponsers, League people, families of players looking for tickets, etc etc- and so a game will be "sold out", BUT what happens if for whatever reasons, the allocations aren't used and get turned typically 1-3 days before an event, BACK to the team, most teams ( not sure Pitts policy), put them back on ticket master to sell, and some teams will just sell them by the box office.. As most people aren't aware of this, when see "sold out", they never check back and miss the opportunity your friend obviously took advantage of. the seats come back in 2's and 4's because it was probably NHL league seats not used. See this all the time.

As a big football fan where weather can really play into games.. "sold out" games will have literally 100's of tickets end of season as weather turns bad for sold out stadiums on ticket master starting wed to saturday of game week. Makes it tough to plan if its a long way to stadium,but you get tickets at face value. it really has nothing to do with fans not buying tickets ,but how league allocate tickets to teasm, sponsers and mucky-mucks.

as a matter of fact, jsut checked you can get some seats for saturday in section 111 here. just pulled them up

Carolina Hurricanes vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

RBC Center, Raleigh, NC

Sat, May 23, 2009 07:30 PM

Your Ticket(s)

Section

Row

Seats

Description

Z

11 - 12

PRICE LEVEL 9

LOWER LEVEL SEATING

FULL VIEW Type2 Regular priced admission Ticket PriceUS $175.00 x 2 Convenience ChargeUS $22.00 x 2

I'm well aware of that but my buddy that was at the game said there were plenty of seats open in the arena too. Generally speaking, and I know how it works in the RBC, they withhold blocks of seats for the visiting teams allotment. In the RBC that section is sec 107 and thats why that sec is always the most empty even when the arena is full. They release the sec 107 (and 116) to a cerain extent tickets at game time if they're not claimed by the visiting team. If they are claimed but not used, its out of anyones control. Im guessing thats what your talking about. Im talking about lots of seats scattered around the arena, not just a section or 2 allotted for the Canes team.

The 116 sec is for canes player allotments for their family and friends. When they ask for extras, thats where they're put so they sell those seats last too.

I just think its strange that with all the hype that Pitts gets, and the fans being so rabid since Cindy showed up in a lucky lottery pick, that the they have trouble selling out games and that their ratings for round 2, against another league darling team was very low, even by NHL league standards.

Good news is that the round 3 rating for the canes/pens was up. Either people were pretty sick of having Crosby/OV shoved down their throats at every turn or they completely misjudged the interest that a Canes/Pens series has generated.

Back on topic, if the 12-15 years olds on the pens boards are any indication, doesnt sound like many are making the road trip, just a few. The pens fans that will be attendance will likely be the ones that live here full time and wear red for 40 games in the RBC each season.

We have a lot of transplants from NJ and Boston that live here too but they didnt make big showings in round 1 & 2 so who knows.

as a matter of fact, jsut checked you can get some seats for saturday in section 111 here. just pulled them up

Carolina Hurricanes vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

RBC Center, Raleigh, NC

Sat, May 23, 2009 07:30 PM

Your Ticket(s)

Section

Row

Seats

Description

Z

11 - 12

PRICE LEVEL 9

LOWER LEVEL SEATING

FULL VIEW Type2 Regular priced admission Ticket PriceUS $175.00 x 2 Convenience ChargeUS $22.00 x 2

^^^That game is 3 1/2 days away.

This game is tomorrow:

Section

Row

Seats

Description

C27

M

7 - 6

LEVEL C SEATING

PRICE LEVEL 3 Type2 FULL PRICE TICKET Ticket PriceUS $198.00 x 2 Convenience ChargeUS $12.05 x 2

Excuse me, but those " "fans" " have put down actual deposits and made commitments to be STH next season. Yes, some Penguin fan would probably pay top dollar for the game 3/4/6 tickets, but you wouldn't see them come back in October and pay $ to watch the Canes play the Lightning in a regular season game. So, you cut people a break on the playoff tickets (maximum of 12 games) in order to gain their commitment for 41 or 26 games next season. To me that's a sound business decision, and planning for the future. A lot better than the "take the money and run" neo-capitalism approach.

Question: If I decide to bring my son and daughter and wife to the game (read: force my wife to come with me), does the one-year old need a ticket? 4-year-old?

My understanding is 2 and above need tickets.

I just think its strange that with all the hype that Pitts gets, and the fans being so rabid since Cindy showed up in a lucky lottery pick, that the they have trouble selling out games and that their ratings for round 2, against another league darling team was very low, even by NHL league standards.

Good news is that the round 3 rating for the canes/pens was up. Either people were pretty sick of having Crosby/OV shoved down their throats at every turn or they completely misjudged the interest that a Canes/Pens series has generated.

Ratings for that series were low on Versus. In round 2, Versus did not have exclusive coverage, and was blacked out in Pittsburgh (and i believe in Washington also). In fact, while Versus was seeing low ratings, FSN Pittsburgh was seeing record high ratings. In Washington, the games were broadcast on CSN i believe. Naturally, if someone would have a choice between their home network and Versus (if there happens to not be a blackout for some reason), most people are going to pick their home network, thus resulting in low ratings on Versus.

Though the statistics you are using are true, they do not tell the whole story, and are, therefore, quite misleading.

And on average, when the first tickets are released for individual sale (2000 tickets) for series in Pittsburgh, they sell out in approximately 10 minutes (seems to be the average time over the last 3 seasons). And the ones that are available closer to gamedays are those that are released later.

^^^That game is 3 1/2 days away.

This game is tomorrow:

Section

Row

Seats

Description

C27

M

7 - 6

LEVEL C SEATING

PRICE LEVEL 3 Type2 FULL PRICE TICKET Ticket PriceUS $198.00 x 2 Convenience ChargeUS $12.05 x 2

right BUT the point is 2 days ago you could Only buy " standing room tickets" and saying sold out.. and now 2 days later already seats in 111( which is obviosuly not 107 or 116, so its more sectiosn than you though).. you will see tickets up up tommorrow, thursday and friday also is my point.. and i would not be suprised if even game day some come back..

Excuse me, but those " "fans" " have put down actual deposits and made commitments to be STH next season. Yes, some Penguin fan would probably pay top dollar for the game 3/4/6 tickets, but you wouldn't see them come back in October and pay $ to watch the Canes play the Lightning in a regular season game. So, you cut people a break on the playoff tickets (maximum of 12 games) in order to gain their commitment for 41 or 26 games next season. To me that's a sound business decision, and planning for the future. A lot better than the "take the money and run" neo-capitalism approach.

yes and no.. while agree on getting a STH out of it, you can also buy a 12 game pack,.,and get the benefits..

so IIRC its $25/seat in upperdeck for a 12 game pack= $300.00

So add that $300+ 6 games at $40/seat( price freeze) = $540 cash committment( 18 games) to PK

Now a reg joe buys just the 3 games of 3rd round( pitts fan) and anotehr reg joe the 4th( detriot or hawks fan)= $255+$480=$735 cash to Pk ..and still can sell those 12 seats next year and clear even more... I'll contend he still comes out better selling to other fans from a money perspective,, this is about the canes fans not money

Ratings for that series were low on Versus. In round 2, Versus did not have exclusive coverage, and was blacked out in Pittsburgh (and i believe in Washington also). In fact, while Versus was seeing low ratings, FSN Pittsburgh was seeing record high ratings. In Washington, the games were broadcast on CSN i believe. Naturally, if someone would have a choice between their home network and Versus (if there happens to not be a blackout for some reason), most people are going to pick their home network, thus resulting in low ratings on Versus.

Though the statistics you are using are true, they do not tell the whole story, and are, therefore, quite misleading.

And on average, when the first tickets are released for individual sale (2000 tickets) for series in Pittsburgh, they sell out in approximately 10 minutes (seems to be the average time over the last 3 seasons). And the ones that are available closer to gamedays are those that are released later.

Hey thanks for registering to set me straight. Pens board a little slow or just unreadable?

Follow the ratings for yourself:

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/search/label/NHL''>http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/search/label/NHL' target="_blank">http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/search/label/NHL[/post]

Question: If I decide to bring my son and daughter and wife to the game (read: force my wife to come with me), does the one-year old need a ticket? 4-year-old?

My guess would be that provided the child can sit on his parent's lap, no ticket would be required, but at some point there has to be an age cut-of.

I strongly recommend ear protection for the baby. I won't lecture you on how to take care of your baby (I don't want to be rude) but do please keep your neighbors in mind if the little one gets restless/screamy and take them to the concourse.

I strongly recommend ear protection for the baby. I won't lecture you on how to take care of your baby (I don't want to be rude) but do please keep your neighbors in mind if the little one gets restless/screamy and take them to the concourse.

great call. esp if someone hasn't been in the arena for a playoff game, its gets wildy LOUD, and ear protection for kids a must. Some just do not realize how loud it is in there.